Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 am

It's amazing that I've missed so many of the "little things" around the resort. I definitely need to take more time and poke around.

Of course, actually having a car this time will definitely help...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:55 am

Hell, I'd probably go for the smores alone.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 am

I am heading to Disney tomorrow for 12 days, I'll have to try to check this out. We are staying next door at the Wilderness Lodge so it wouldn't far to go.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 am

cfc wrote:Hell, I'd probably go for the smores alone.

I'm with you there!

These are the little things that make Disney cool!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 am

I went to the campfire sing along and movie night once when they were showing Marry Poppins and it was a lot of fun, and your right truly one of the best hidden secrets at WDW resort! I would highly recommend this to anyone.

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 am

This seems totally cute and adorable! I'd love to take my nephews next time they are in the area.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 am

That''s a cute little show. I bet kids love watching that! I can't believe I've never heard of that, but it must be really hidden ;)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 am

Yesterday, I took an hour or so to stop by the Pop Century Resort (following my visit to the Magic Kingdom, which I'll post photos from soon) to check up on the progress of the Art of Animation Resort. Since my last visit, the buildings have not only grown to their full size construction-wise, but many details of the unique facades have been painted, applied and detailed.

Please note: These photos were taken from the publicly-accessible view of the Pop Century Resort and the Legacy Bridge.

Remember that Phase 1 opens on May 31st, 2012, so we aren't too far away from having access to the first wing of the new resort!
DSC00632.JPG
Leaving the Magic Kingdom, early land clearing has become visible at the location of the future Grand Floridian DVC expansion.
DSC00633.JPG
The wedding pavilion has been carefully lined with walls to prevent the construction from appearing in the wedding parties' views.
DSC00635.JPG
The sun shines brightly upon this soon to open resort.
DSC00637.JPG
Lookie here! We have a Cadillac Range too!
DSC00638.JPG
The sides of the building show animated sketches from a flip book as if they were pages pulled from said book and lined up.
DSC00639.JPG
It isn't as easy to recognize on the other buildings just yet, but the stairs are masked by the formation of a sketch book.
DSC00640.JPG
Not all of the sketches have been applied to the building.
DSC00642.JPG
The Finding Nemo Wing looks to be the most close to completion.
DSC00645.JPG
The bridge from Pop Century that was meant to give access to the Legendary Years will soon give access to the Art of Animation Resort.
DSC00658.JPG
The Lion King and Little Mermaid wings still have a ways to go before they can be opened to the public.
DSC00660.JPG
That being said, the first coats of base paint have been applied to these buildings.
DSC00664.JPG
A slightly more subdued color scheme than the one found in the Nemo wing, the Little Mermaid suites have yet to receive any facade additions.
DSC00665.JPG
This side of the wing has plenty of work still to be done.
DSC00669.JPG
The facade for the Finding Nemo wing looks incredible!
DSC00671.JPG
The giant Crush statue has been installed and has been wrapped to prevent any damage during the last stages of the area's preparation.
DSC00672.JPG
Fish have been added to the side of the building, adding an extra layer to this immersive environment.
DSC00681.JPG
The water play area's coral reef theming continues to receive new details.
DSC00685.JPG
Mr. Ray has been added to the opposite side of the play area.
DSC00696.JPG
Another look at the most-completed sketch book at the Cars wing.
DSC00698.JPG
This looks like it is basically done.
DSC00704.JPG
Considering how little of the Art of Animation Resort is carried over from the unused Legendary Years section of Pop Century, the new resort is really huge.
DSC00707.JPG
Back at the Pop Century Resort, the Mowgli and Baloo statue has been completely refurbished and looks completely new!
DSC00714.JPG
I saw this on my way out...
DSC00715.JPG
Ok...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I had no clue they were adding a DVC to Grand Floridian. I wonder how construction is going to affect the Wedding Pavilion. I mean that wall is all well and good, but once it starts really getting constructed there will be noise and more annoyances.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:29 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/12/walt-disney-imagineers-install-nemo-icons-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

There couldn’t be a better occasion to share a sneak peek at the new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort than today, Walt Disney’s birthday.

Walt was a pioneer in the art form of hand-drawn animation, and continually experimented with new technology and storytelling mediums (like television) that would give him new ways to bring stories and characters to life.

Walt Disney Imagineers will continue this tradition in 2012 with the debut of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will allow guests to immerse themselves in one of four beloved animated films by staying (and playing) in resort buildings themed after family favorites – including one inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo.”

In this video clip, provided by Walt Disney Imagineering, Imagineer Ryan Parrish offers the first sneak peek inside the resort, as well as a look at the three large character icons featured in the “Finding Nemo” courtyard.

It turns out they only installed these a few days before my visit!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!