ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

All gifts in the mail, post when you get yours!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I make cake

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm

I've participated in these on other boards that I used to be a part of (not theme park related; this is now the only board I frequent anyway) and thought maybe you guys would be interested. How it works: Post in here that you want to participate, list some of your favorite things (raindrops on roses? whiskers on kittens?), then pm your mailing address to me. We leave it open to new participants for a week. Then I'll take all the addresses and pm one to each participant. You then buy a gift and mail it to your recipient. $15 or $20 spending limit (not including shipping). Anyone interested? You can go the straight route and buy the person something they like, or be totally random and buy whatever you want. Sound fun?

EDIT - RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS!!! READ BELOW!!!!

- Must post in this thread and PM your address and desire to participate to Brandy524 by December 10.
- US Residents Only. Sorry International peeps, but I know how much international shipping costs and how long it can take, maybe we'll start this earlier next year if it goes well and we can match up people in the same country.
- $20 minimum present value (Please don't give someone crap! We all know what $20 will get you!)
- Brandy524 will PM you back by December 13 with the address and person you are gifting to.
- USPS Priority Mail required. Get yourself a flat rate box and get your present mailed out by December 20.
- If you flake on your gifting responsibility prepare to be banned from the site! This is the Holiday season dammit, don't agree to participate unless you're sure you'll participate!
Last edited by SharkTums on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:10 am.

Site Admin

Re: ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 pm

This is a really nice idea and I know Robb and I have talked about it before. If you're really willing to take this on it would be something we would promote...let me know what you think and we'll go for it!

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:35 pm

SharkTums wrote:This is a really nice idea and I know Robb and I have talked about it before. If you're really willing to take this on it would be something we would promote...let me know what you think and we'll go for it!

I'll definitely take it on! It's not like I do any real work at my office anyway, lol, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here now. =) I can dole out addresses. It'll be fun!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Ok great!

Let's get the move on this then!

I will participate for sure and will start putting the word out!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 pm

This is a neat idea; never heard of it done on a board before!

I'm in. And I like surprises, so surprise me!

And I promise to throw a random theme park-related item into my gift, like an old press kit or something. :)
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm down. Great idea Brandy :)
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm in. I think it's a great way to spread the TPR love around!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 pm

What the hell--I'm in.

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:01 pm

PM me with your mailing addresses! I'm glad you guys are excited!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:03 pm

I think for ease sakes we should put forth some rules and instructions...

- Must post in this thread and PM your address and desire to participate to Brandy524 by December 10.
- US Residents Only. Sorry International peeps, but I know how much international shipping costs and how long it can take, maybe we'll start this earlier next year if it goes well and we can match up people in the same country.
- $20 minimum present value (Please don't give someone crap! We all know what $20 will get you!)
- Brandy524 will PM you back by December 13 with the address and person you are gifting to.
- USPS Priority Mail required. Get yourself a flat rate box and get your present mailed out by December 20.

- If you flake on your gifting responsibility prepare to be banned from the site! This is the Holiday season dammit, don't agree to participate unless you're sure you'll participate!

Let's do this!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!