TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skycoastin' Steve's 2011 Season Extravaganza!!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add another thing wrong with the picture...

Verbolten will go through the woods and THEN over the river....

Plus what the other guy said about the inverted track. I get that the Thanksgiving song is "Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go...." but while we're being proper enthusiasts pointing out what's wrong

thumb_380410_531866134944_110300559_30488737_1130474737_n.thumb.jpg.f3a0f4c6521a2e5a50eedbe84f29a6a4.jpg

Edited by KCForce

Nice TR! Anyone know if there are supposed to be catwalks on the launches?

Yes, there will be. You can Sorta tell in one of the pictures, but there are little branches coming off of some of the supports a foot or two below the track (exactly like there are on the indoor sections with brakes/catwalks).

Great trip-report - the log-flume looks amazing!

I loved this, they even re-themed the teaser signs to Christmas!

I don't know about the US but this sign - of course minus the tree - is a regular traffic sign here in germany: Warning that you enter a harbour area....

Great update Steve. The verbolten construction photos were awesome. The HD video on the sky ride was awesome. ... FWIW, I counted all the lights on Pompeii. 147,280. What do I win again?

I'm eating Thanksgiving leftovers right now, you'll be getting what's left of that in about 4 hours.

Great update. The structure of Verbolten's building looks so... normal. I guess the ride should be exciting, not the building

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the building will look like once they finish it. The structure certainly looks ordinary, but maybe the outside will be themed up nicely (I wouldn't expect any less out of BGW).

Great pictures Steve, looks like BGW does a great job with this event! I always thought that Sea World Orlando put on a great Christmas event, and it looks like they do the same in Williamsburg.

And Verbolten is going to be great!

Agreed about SeaWorld Orlando, I got to catch their Christmas event a few years back and was blown away. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again this year!