TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ripley's World of the Unexplained

In the 70's Ripley's opened two museum called World of the Unexplained. One was opened in San Francisco, CA and the other in Galtinburg, TN. I had the opportuntity to visit the one in Gatlinburg. Being a fan of the TV show "In Search Of' I found it an awesome museum. In fact Leornard Nimoy did a presentation when you first walked in. I remember a display of a nude witch and a life like statue of Bigfoot. My mother was not to keen on the nude witch display. I managed to get one of the pamphlets from the on in Gatlinburg.

1690586142_worldoftheUnexplainedfrontandbackunfolded.thumb.JPG.9a375b981131cb72d37e13ae50c62431.JPG

World of the Unexplained

1117385339_WorldoftheUnexplainedinsideunfolded.thumb.JPG.f7ed349450a35d08ed29b5b46a217a41.JPG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember visiting the Ripley's museum in Gatlinburg back in the early 90's (maybe a year before it was destroyed by a big fire). It wasn't the "World of the Unexplained" though. It was just called the "Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum". I remember there was a model of a ship made out of toothpicks and a ferris wheel made out of sugar cubes or something like that. Lots of bizarre & kind of creepy stuff. My best friend & I had a blast checking the place out.

I remember visiting the Ripley's museum in Gatlinburg back in the early 90's (maybe a year before it was destroyed by a big fire). It wasn't the "World of the Unexplained" though. It was just called the "Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum". I remember there was a model of a ship made out of toothpicks and a ferris wheel made out of sugar cubes or something like that. Lots of bizarre & kind of creepy stuff. My best friend & I had a blast checking the place out.

Different museum. Not sure when the Believe it or Not Museum opened, but the museum the OP is referencing was a different attraction altogether and was long gone by the early 90's.

Ripley's in G'burg is no more?

They rebuilt the museum after the big fire in a new location. It is now one block down from where it used to stand if I remember correctly.

^Yes, there is clearly more than one Ripley's Believe it or Not museums. There was however, TWO Ripley's World of the Unexplained. Like was stated in the original post and which Ive already restated once before.

I am not quite sure what is causing the reading comprehension fail in this thread but besides that, this really doesn't need it's own thread. Perhaps, if it was a broader topic for all Ripley properties (maybe corny tourist attractions as a whole), it might could go in the Random forum.

Either way, I am going to lock this now.