Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 pm

I loved this park when I visited a few years back, and it's great that they continue to add some new rides. Swing rides are one of my faves too, so I'm liking this addition!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby OISU8P » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 am

Two new updates here on the North End expansion.

http://waldameer.blogspot.com/

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 am

Thought some of you may be interested to know this.

During the ACE event saturday Steve told us they will be replacing the skid and hand breaks on the comet with magnetic breaks and modern controls so they can run two trains again.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:42 am

New for 2012 will be a Happy Swing for Kiddieland.
A second engine for the railroad.
Magnetic brakes for the Comet, and adding two train operations.
Improved Wacky Shack loading area.
Also the park is going cashless next year.

Great to see the park is investing on improving park capacity next year, especially on the Wacky Shack which is the worst line in the park.

What's New for 2012

Just because summer is over doesn't mean we can't stop thinking about it!

Many plans are in the works to make Waldameer's 2012 season even more fun and exciting than the last. New for 2012 is a second brand new train, the L. Ruth Express 2, which will run on busy days to keep you riding instead of waiting in line. Another addition will be a new magnetic braking system for our 60 year old Comet coaster. This will allow the ride to operate two trains on busy days to keep you riding. The Whacky Shack loading area will be redesigned to help get more people on that world famous dark ride too.

And just announced, Kiddieland's newest addition, a Zamperla Happy Swing! Check out Waldameer.com for more!

Visit Waldameer's blog to keep up on all the action throughout the winter.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=9ccmzvdab&v=001fTAmhMmZbVJbofb5oX3BYIqygpC6bHrNhApx8O-DS2GsX91OcsOiUJvVepX7TjMONPKTqFfItvVb3kdg9mLTKK4u_HRs831jBWlnCFs26SA%3D

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 am

Interesting to hear...not the 'thrill' ride they claimed earlier in the year, but it's still good to see the park adding a ride in addition to all those improvements. Any clues as to where they'll be putting this one?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I know this does not really have anything to do with the current conversation is but... I went to this park back in May and I absolutely loved it. It actually was a last minute choice. I went to Kennywood the weekend before Memorial Day weekend 2011 and we did not realize that Lakemont was not open so we searched and found Waldameer. We did not know much about the park but figured it was a park so we would give it a shot. It is a awesome small park with great coasters! I love how it is so close to the water.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 pm

^Same here. I went to Waldameer as a last minute stop this past summer while my parents decided to go to some winery. It is such a great park, and it's sad there aren't more parks like it across the country. Considering it's just a local park in a small market, many places across the country could probably support a park like it. Other than Ravine Flyer II, there wasn't anything that was amazing by itself, but together with the location and service, made it a great park.

Great news to hear about the improvements. I'm not sure where they'll put the swing ride, but I'm sure the owners will find a way. Also great news to hear about Comet. The ride op worked fast, but even though the ride is small, a small train will still cause a small line to have a long wait time.

Great news to hear about a great park getting even better.
Last edited by Airtime&Gravity on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:58 pm

The official website has just posted about the Happy Swing, stating it will be 'near the Ravine Flyer 3' when it is installed.

This picture (courtesy of kennywood007) appears to show where the ride will be. See that square of grass in the top center-left? Looking at Bing maps, that space more or less matches the dimensions of this ride as listed on Zamperla's site. Typical Waldameer installation, once again using every square inch!

Postby beatle11 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Nothing huge, but it's good to see that they are improving the capacity on their rides.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby OISU8P » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm

I was hoping for the new food court they where talking about a few years back. I know many people complain about the food there. However, I do not think the quality is bad for the price. Just the amount of options needs increased in my opinion.

Everything else looks good though. Maybe they will do a water slide repaint in the coming years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!