Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Mirabilandia: New Coaster for 2012

Postby Kooky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:42 pm

A german coaster-page said that it will be a water coaster like pilgrims`s plunge, with the same elevator lift but not just one drop. The report says that in many news it was reported that it will have 45 degree at the first drop with a little watersplash effect, but not one that will stop the train. Because after this there will be a short coaster part before it will finally splash down into the water... so it seems that intamin finally will use his coaster style logflume to build a water coaster like the "MACK" ones.

Here is the complete german text:
The Edge, Mirabilandia, Italien: Nach dem LSM-Coaster iSpeed im Jahre 2009 folgt 2012 die Wasserachterbahn The Edge. Dabei wurde durch diverse Medien bekannt, dass ein Vertikallift wie auf Holiday Worlds Pilgrims Plunge die teilweise schienengeführten Achterbahnboote auf rund 50 Meter Höhe bringt, von wo eine 45° steile Abfahrt mit über 100 Stundenkilometern durch ein Wasserbecken ohne gigantische Splash Effekte führt. Dem schliesst sich ein kurzer schienengeführter Achterbahnpart an, der schliesslich mit einer Wasserung enden soll.

source: http://coastersandmore.de/rides/achterbahnneuheiten2012/achterbahnneuheiten2012.shtml

google translation:
The Edge, Mirabilandia, Italy: After the LSM Coaster iSpeed ​​in the year 2009, 2012 followed by the water coaster The Edge. It was through various media announced that a vertical lift as on Holiday World's Pilgrims Plunge, the partial rail-guided roller coaster boats to around 50 meters height provides, where a 45 ° steep descent with over 100 kilometers an hour through a pool of water without massive splash effects leads. Which is followed by a short roller coaster on rails part you want, finally ending with a splashdown.

EDIT: corrected the google translation from mile per hour to kilometers per hour.... a big google translation fail!!
Last edited by Kooky on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:58 pm.
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 pm

100 MPH? :| Yeesh. (FAKE)

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:49 pm

It looks like the correct translation would have been 'kilometers per hour', making the ride about 60 mph.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

^You know it was probably a translation error, and is probably KIlometers.

Edit beat me to it.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:53 pm

:oops: Makes more sense. Interesting, I wonder how long it'll be.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Schotcher wrote:100 MPH? :| Yeesh. (FAKE)

It was big translation failure, but google did it wrong. It translated Km/H in Mph. So the right translation would be 62,1371192 mph or it should have said 100 kilometers per hour. Don`t know why google translator does this because miles are definitly not the same as kilometers. But i corrected it in my post.
And this is really possible, if you look at the Maurer and Söhne Skywheel which has a height of 50 meters and a highspeed about 105 km/h (source: http://www.maurer-rides.de/x-coaster/skyloop/xt_150/ ).
By the way this homepage is really very trustworthy and a good known and well researched coaster-site in germany.... so NO FAKE, but at the moment, STILL RUMORS!!!

EDIT: you both were faster :roll:
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm so stoked for this project! hopefully it really is a water coaster on steroids! But I really hope it has more than one drop, you would kind of expect that for a 20 million euro price tag!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mattyland » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Revealed the name of the new 2012 Mirabilandia

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:57 pm

^The "Acqua" may confirm our suspicions of a water coaster... :roll:
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!