Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Bryce232 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I was SO CLOSE to finally getting my mom on Cheetah Hunt, her first roller coaster in years (She has sworn to wait at the exits for me since she took me on Gwazi when I was 8), but it broke down when we were at the turnstiles :(
Last edited by Bryce232 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:56 pm.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release regarding the birth of their newest Grevy's zebra.

A new Grevy’s zebra was born on Busch Gardens’ 65-acre Serengeti Plain on Friday, November 4. Within an hour after its birth, the female foal was running with the rest of the herd and nursing from its mother.

Just last week, Busch Gardens announced two other additions, a male Cape buffalo, and female Sable antelope.

The buffalo was born to mother Semara on Sept. 21. At the time of his birth, the calf weighed approximately 45 lbs. The playful and explorative youngster now weights 75 lbs. Once full grown, Cape buffalos can weigh up to 2,000 lbs. The Sable Antelope female took her first steps within a few minutes of birth. Though Sable Antelopes are shaky at first, newborns can run fast enough to keep up with the herd within 3-5 days.

Busch Gardens’ guests can view all of the new babies from Rhino Rally, the Skyride or Serengeti Express train ride. For an even closer look, the Serengeti Safari offers guests an open-bed truck tour Serengeti Plain, with opportunities to get up-close to antelope and rhinos and hand-feed giraffes.

For details, visit http://www.buschgardens.com

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby chasbron » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm just wondering something. I've always said that the one thing that makes Montu (in my humble opinion) was second best to Kumba solely because of its zero g roll. I've always said that it rolls the wrong way. If it rolled the opposite way, it would feel more natural and smooth. Does anyone have an opinion on this or am I just really nitpicky?
huh?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm

It feels natural to me, but I ride Montu a LOT (I've probably ridden it close to 50 times this year so far), so my opinion is probably moot.

Anyhoo... I was at the park this past Monday and even though some of the schools around here are off all week for Thanksgiving, it wasn't too crowded for the most part. Saw one of the Christmas shows (the one at Desert Grill) and it was cute. Got in 2 rides on Kumba with no wait, 3 on Montu, once on Cheetah Hunt (had a posted 20 minute wait) and rode Lion side of Gwazi (Tiger wasn't running that day). Saw Kasi the cheetah and he gets bigger by the week, but he's still freaking adorable.

I'll be at the park again next Friday with a friend from California and it'll be his first visit to the park. He's been reading up on the coasters and can't wait to ride them.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Montu's zero-g roll feels fine to me. I think it has more to do with the fact that Kumba's is so darn good. Actually, I think Kumba has the best zero-g roll of any of the B&Ms I've been on.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 pm

^That would be correct. That zero-g roll is completely out of this world good.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm

The one on Kumba always makes me squeal with joy.

Boy that sounds kind of dirty if you think about it. :evil:

Postby chasbron » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

^^ Completely agree!!! That's my favourite coaster because of that roll! Bgt is my home park so I know it pretty well. Is Montu's roll more of a barrel roll than a true zero g roll because it seems like coming off that immelmann it can't get low enough to then make a true zero g roll. Just my observations...
Chas
huh?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:59 pm

The zero-g roll is my favorite coaster element, and I agree with the fact that Kumba's is unreal. I compare all other zero-g rolls to that one, and it's still my fav... and Kumba continues to be on my of favorite coasters.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Postby chasbron » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:03 pm

^Agreed!!
huh?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!