SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby eddytheviper » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:38 pm

ahh, my bad. New to this posting business, sorry y'all :?r

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ntweisen » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Has the Manatee exhibit been permanently closed?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm

^^No worries. Give it time and you'll get used to it here! =)

^It is rumored that the manatee exhibit will remain, with the addition of new sea turtle exhibits in the existing space. It is heavily rumored that SeaWorld will integrate their recently released Turtle: The Incredible Journey film into the old Manatee pre show room with some sort of 4D theater experience.

Again, all of this is merely rumored and will not be official until an announcement is released.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PeterIt » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 am

Last time I was at Sea World nothing seemed that outdated...plus don't they already have an Arctic attraction, Wild Arctic (which frankly reeked of sweaty gym socks last time I rode)? If this new attraction is a Dark Ride I am praying for a boat ride! Another attraction I hope is going to have a revamp in the works is Journey to Atlantis, its an excellent ride but the last time I rode a couple of the animatronics were broken. Atlantis also SCREAMS 90s and could definitely use some serious TLC.
Just another shamless plug here a pre show for Kraken would be great :lmao:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-seaworld-announcement-20111024,0,7736893.story

SeaWorld Orlando is planning to make a significant announcement in two weeks.

Though the topic is under wraps — the marine park says only that it will "make waves" on the morning of Tuesday, Nov. 8 — SeaWorld appears likely to announce a number of new attractions currently in development.

The Orlando Sentinel reported Oct. 7 that SeaWorld was working on a "major redevelopment" that will include several new attractions for both 2012 and 2013. Among the expected additions: A new ride to replace the park's 24-year-old "Penguin Encounter," a new sea turtle movie experience, and a rainforest-themed trail at Discovery Cove with primate and otter habitats.

Meanwhile, SeaWorld has also begun work on the "The Polar Express Experience," the popular, Christmas-themed conversion for its Wild Arctic simulator ride. The park received a permit to install the overlay last week.

A spokesman for SeaWorld says The Polar Express Experience — as well as all of SeaWorld's other Christmas-themed shows and attractions — will run this year on select nights between Nov. 25 and Dec. 31.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 am

This looks like it goes with what was reported unofficially a couple of weeks ago. It will be nice to see something official.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 am

Looking forward to the announcement! One of those Mack family launchers (like SeaWorld San Diego) would make a great edition I think!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm

I was at the park last night and a new penguin exhibit can't come quick enough. It's gotten very bad in the stinky department. I would love to see the penguins be part of the ride with a non rider option like Manta. I kind of expect them to do that even though I have no knowledge of what they are building. A new coaster would be AWESOME, but it wont happen. The rumors we have heard are probably pretty spot on. I am surprised to hear the manatee exhibit will stay but it's cool to see a little more Florida wildlife in the park. I would love to see them do an estuary exhibit complete with rising and falling tides, that could be cool. A new dark ride will be a great addition though. I also hope the turle exhibit has some under water viewing.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:05 pm

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release regarding the return of the extremely popular SeaWorld Fun Card.

The perfect gift for friends and family this holiday season is the gift that keeps on giving all year long -– a SeaWorld Fun Card!

It’s SeaWorld’s best value, just for Florida residents: Pay for a day’s admission and come back again and again – with no blackout dates -- to experience all of SeaWorld’s remarkable 2012 events, plus this year’s Christmas Celebration.

SeaWorld’s 2012 event line-up includes:

NEW! Just for Kids!
Spend super-fun Saturdays at this all-new kid festival for ages 2-9. Performances by kid-favorite entertainers, such as Choo Choo Soul and Max and Ruby, as well as fun, family activities will take place Saturdays, Jan. 14 – Feb. 4.

Bands, Brew & BBQ
2012’s Bands, Brew & BBQ will be twice as fun when the park hosts rockin’ concerts Saturdays AND Sundays this year, on Feb. 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, and March 3-4. That’s four weekends of smokin’ hot concerts, sizzling BBQ and a thirst-quenching beer garden to wash it all down.

Jack Hanna Weekend
Join celebrity animal expert Jungle Jack Hanna for a fantastic weekend on the wild side, March 24-25, featuring amazing animals from all over the world.

Viva La Música
This Hispanic festival spices up SeaWorld Saturdays in April and early May while showcasing traditional Latin food, specialty drinks, and Grammy and Latin-Grammy-award winning performances. Join the fiery fiesta on April 14, 21, 28, and May 5.

Summer Nights
The after-dark excitement at SeaWorld continues all summer, June through August. When the sun sets, waves of fun wash over the park with fantastic nighttime shows, thrilling coasters under the stars, and a nightly fireworks and fountain finale.

Halloween Spooktacular
Orlando’s favorite family-friendly Halloween event is back and better than ever, as an underwater “fantasea” takes over SeaWorld weekends in October. Children (and adults, too) can trick-or-treat, encounter whimsical sea creatures, and catch silly and spooky shows on Oct. 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28.

SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
From elves to Elmo, and Santa to Shamu, SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration inspires lifelong family memories as waves of holiday spirit splash over the park in a watery, wintery wonderland. This heart-warming holiday event takes place select nights from Nov. 23 – Dec. 31.

New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld
Celebrate our connection to the sea, sea life and the world we share as we ring in the New Year, SeaWorld style. Kick off the New Year on Dec. 31, with a spectacular musical celebration and bold fireworks that create an unforgettable evening.

Regular, single-day SeaWorld admission is $81.99 for adults/$73.99 for children ages 3-9. The Fun Card is valid from the date of purchase and good throughout all of 2012 with no blackout dates.

Fun Cards are available at the park’s front gate, at SeaWorldOrlando.com or by calling (888) 800-5447.

Visit SeaWorldOrlando.com for more information.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:07 pm

•SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration

I'm actually pleasantly surprised they're calling it a Christmas event. It seems like most parks are going "politically correct" and saying "Holiday".

Honestly it's Christmas. Whether you're Christain or not, it's celebrated as a holiday and there's no reason to smother the name. The next time I hear someone call the christmas tree at the capital the "Holiday Tree" I think I'm going to go visit hell and ride Psyclone a few times.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!