TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Source: http://www.theparks.it/mirabilandia-p2/notizie/2011/10/forse-l-indizio-dei-lavori-ecco-le-ultime-indiscre-n1090/

"According to the latest rumor foundable in many forums the 2012 Mirabilandia project could have some of this features:

Name: The EDGE

-The project were NOT cut down

-It will not be an Aquatrax

-It will not be a Poseidon-style attraction

-It will not be a Shoot-the-Chutes

-It will be a REAL roller coaster

-It will have a lift hill similar to Pilgrim Plunge

-The drop will be at 45 ° (55 m high)

-The splash zone will not be soaked

-The coaster will reach 106 Km/h

-20 millions euro are involved

-Intamin"

I had bad news for those waiting for the official announcement; the press releases about the 2012 project will be sent out for the International Tourism exhibition in Milan which takes place around FEBRUARY! I got this news directly from Mirabilandia's official press office.

I hope things will start to move at the park in order to get some idea from looking at the site.

I had bad news for those waiting for the official announcement; the press releases about the 2012 project will be sent out for the International Tourism exhibition in Milan which takes place around FEBRUARY! I got this news directly from Mirabilandia's official press office.

I hope things will start to move at the park in order to get some idea from looking at the site.

NOO! Hopefully we'll know what it is by then though. I have faith that this park will get something pretty epic, if it's going to be big they have to start building it soon...

Dave

Today Mirabilandia was open and mirathebest from Theparks.it was there to take some photos. I think this is the most interesting one:

As you can see the land they are clearing is pretty big! When the park will be closed it will be possible to take photos from the other side of the lake as it happened with iSpeed!

Please, can you all stop saying that this will be a Piligrims Plunge clone? Ok, it will have a similar elevator system but the rest won't be the same.

It will be a ROLLER COASTER with water. It will interact with it but it will not soak the riders. It will NOT be an aquatrax (I'm sorry for all the Aquatrax enthusiasts).

In my opinion and from what I've heard, I say it will be some kind of a mega coaster without inversion and a non soaking splash element used as a break. I still can't imagine the 45° drop in all this but we'll see it there some day.

A german coaster-page said that it will be a water coaster like pilgrims`s plunge, with the same elevator lift but not just one drop. The report says that in many news it was reported that it will have 45 degree at the first drop with a little watersplash effect, but not one that will stop the train. Because after this there will be a short coaster part before it will finally splash down into the water... so it seems that intamin finally will use his coaster style logflume to build a water coaster like the "MACK" ones.

Here is the complete german text:

The Edge, Mirabilandia, Italien: Nach dem LSM-Coaster iSpeed im Jahre 2009 folgt 2012 die Wasserachterbahn The Edge. Dabei wurde durch diverse Medien bekannt, dass ein Vertikallift wie auf Holiday Worlds Pilgrims Plunge die teilweise schienengeführten Achterbahnboote auf rund 50 Meter Höhe bringt, von wo eine 45° steile Abfahrt mit über 100 Stundenkilometern durch ein Wasserbecken ohne gigantische Splash Effekte führt. Dem schliesst sich ein kurzer schienengeführter Achterbahnpart an, der schliesslich mit einer Wasserung enden soll.

source: http://coastersandmore.de/rides/achterbahnneuheiten2012/achterbahnneuheiten2012.shtml

google translation:

The Edge, Mirabilandia, Italy: After the LSM Coaster iSpeed ​​in the year 2009, 2012 followed by the water coaster The Edge. It was through various media announced that a vertical lift as on Holiday World's Pilgrims Plunge, the partial rail-guided roller coaster boats to around 50 meters height provides, where a 45 ° steep descent with over 100 kilometers an hour through a pool of water without massive splash effects leads. Which is followed by a short roller coaster on rails part you want, finally ending with a splashdown.

EDIT: corrected the google translation from mile per hour to kilometers per hour.... a big google translation fail!!

Edited by Kooky