TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I thought it would be interesting to point out a change at the bottom of the lift hill for Leviathan... The chain actually begins earlier at the drive tires as opposed to starting right at the incline. I think that this is a modification because of the incident a few years back at Behemoth where the lift hill motor broke. Having the chain starting horizontally would remove the initial shock/tug the chain gets.

PS. Wonderland probably found out about the Dino leak because someone just had to post it on Facebook.

I thought it would be interesting to point out a change at the bottom of the lift hill for Leviathan... The chain actually begins earlier at the drive tires as opposed to starting right at the incline. I think that this is a modification because of the incident a few years back at Behemoth where the lift hill motor broke. Having the chain starting horizontally would remove the initial shock/tug the chain gets.

PS. Wonderland probably found out about the Dino leak because someone just had to post it on Facebook.

Ya, if you look at CW's faebook page, around the time the site was bloked was also the same time that someone posted the DInosaurs Alive link....also its funny when you type in "Dinosaurs Alive Canada's Wonderland" on google, the official website is the third result in the list.

That looks like on wicked roller coaster! i've always been afraid of riding roller coaster, especially seeing those long thrilling ones but im excited to go her! Ive always planned a vacation at canada and im surely visiting Canada Wonderland soon! Looking forward to try all the rides, even the ones that scare me!LOL! hope to see you guys there! Lets all have fun and enjoy the rides!

Another Leviathan construction tour at CWMania:

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49750#p49750

I can confirm that WindSeeker is running with yellow/orange/red lights on the tower however the normal multi-colour display is running on the gondola. And a few scene on the mountain include a full moon at the top with a man walking around that turns into a warewolf, witches flying around on broomsticks, a large jack-o-lantern, lightning flashing on the mountain and skeletons hanging from different parts.

I'm sorry, but I just still don't see anything impressive about this coaster yet. I thought maybe construction would make it look massive, but it just looks like another hyper still...still waiting to be impressed.

I know what you mean. But honestly,they didn't do anything that different from their hyper designs. It's just bigger. There's really nothing about it thats amazing other than the fact thats its a giga.

I'm sorry, but I just still don't see anything impressive about this coaster yet. I thought maybe construction would make it look massive, but it just looks like another hyper still...still waiting to be impressed.

I know what you mean. But honestly,they didn't do anything that different from their hyper designs. It's just bigger. There's really nothing about it thats amazing other than the fact thats its a giga.

I 100% agree with both of you, maybe if it had that crazy turnaround that the PA hyper is suppose to be getting I'm not that impressed but I also wouldn't be mad if the WestCoast was gettting it.

I think once we all see the completed lift hill and drop, we'll see what it's really about. I'm also excited to see how good (or bad..) the airtime on those two smaller drops will be. This'll either be a huge success of an airtime B&M giga machine, or a failure that feels no different from Behemoth.

Theres no way this will even compare to Intimidator 305 or Millenium Force....

I agree, I think that Leviathan will probably be one of the best B&M hypers/gigas, though I don't see it comparing it to Bizarro, Expedition GeForce, Millennium Force, or Intimidator 305. It seems Intamin hypers/gigas are a totally different genre since they have much more intensity. I think Leviathan should be well into the Top 20 Steel Coasters, but it won't be close to be comparing with the high-scoring Intamins.

Ahhhh read your post wrong. But I do wonder how Leviathan will compare to other B&M hypers?

Leviathan will definitely be different from the other Hypers. It has a gigantic turnaround element that is probably comparable more to MF than the Hammerheads on B&M hypers. Leviathan also has those two small hills that could give an impressive amount of airtime. Personally, I think the whole layout (NOT intensity) of this coaster is closer in relation to Millennium Force than other B&M Hypers like Behemoth and Nitro.

Leviathan will definitely be different from the other Hypers. It has a gigantic turnaround element that is probably comparable more to MF than the Hammerheads on B&M hypers. Leviathan also has those two small hills that could give an impressive amount of airtime. Personally, I think the whole layout (NOT intensity) of this coaster is closer in relation to Millennium Force than other B&M Hypers like Behemoth and Nitro.

We will have to see how it runs, but it's definitely more comparable to MF than I305 or some of the other hypers around. If the way Behemoth runs is any indication, Leviathan will probably trump MF, but we will see.

I305 no. MF? I think the comparisons are easily there. Big lift, huge overbank, lower to the ground, couple airtime hills, all about speed. Look at those examples and tell me how you cannot compare the 2?

I guess come 2012 season we'll find out if the ride is good, bad, or something in between. Just excited for Canada's first Giga and B&M's first Giga.

I305 no. MF? I think the comparisons are easily there. Big lift, huge overbank, lower to the ground, couple airtime hills, all about speed. Look at those examples and tell me how you cannot compare the 2?

I can compare all three, easily. All three of them are gravity-driven roller coasters with first drops of over 300 feet. There really isn't much else to it. All three are unique, all three are (or are going to be) kick-[censored] coasters.

I can compare all three, easily. All three of them are gravity-driven roller coasters with first drops of over 300 feet. There really isn't much else to it. All three are unique, all three are (or are going to be) kick-[censored] coasters.

Best post all day.