TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Billund 2012. Polar X-Plorer is now open!

Hello Guys!

A very happy danish roller coaster guy is here!

It has just been leaked that Legoland Billund is to open a new roller coaster for their 2012 season.

It's gonna be the main a attraction of an all new area in the park. Polar Land.

The whole project is going to cost 75.000.000 danish crowns.

I am very excited about this new coaster and i can't wait to follow the construction and to ride it of course.

This is from the parks homepage:

"Polar X-plorer - the wildest experience in the park's history

Take the goggles on, jump aboard the cool snowmobiles and go explore the wild polar animals and penguins. But hold on tight! You come out on a furiously fast rollercoaster ride, under and through the icebergs, until you land on a frozen lake and drops through the ice - in 5-meter free fall - and land in the polar bears' cave."

Sounds so awesome!

The Polar Land area will open in may 2012

So this could either be a Intamin Family Drop Coaster or a Zierer of some kind. What do you think?

Source: http://www.legoland.dk/da/Oplev-LEGOLAND/Nyheder-2012/

Heres some screens i took of the animation on the parks homepage:

Start.png.96ad662179f675674595dd431a131f61.png

Start.

crack.png.f1cd21942f09143803c6ce0dfde0119f.png

Crackling.

fall.png.ef6db359b23954c9d5e9aecb856581fe.png

Drop.

sign.png.c15f655b6a5a3678ac164d20f327c245.png

Ending.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad this in Denmark a little far from new jersey but ill get a few rides on verboten then maybe ill go to Denmark in like 2034 xD

Oh come on, you guys in the US has so many awesome coasters. Be a little happy for us coaster-hungry danish guys!!

And Norwegains

Hehe, sorry. Of course!! All of Scandinavia!

This looks great, can't wait to hear some more details. I've never been to a Legoland Park (not yet) but from looking at lots of trip reports I've always felt a larger "family" coaster would be perfect addition, and this looks like it will fit that category quite nicely.

The Viking's river splash was installed a couple of years ago by Intamin. That's why I believe that this will be an Intamin coaster. Also since Thirteen already exists, it would be way easier for Intamin them to sell one of these coasters.

I would prefer this to be a Zierer tough, since they really need to get out there with some new bigger coasters.

Being TPR's biggest Legoland Nerd...all I can say is...

WANT!!!!!

This really does look like a great addition, and I really hope a similar design shows up in sunny SoCal some day.

as for who designed it...I'm actually going to guess Zerier considering the fact that both of Legoland Malaysia's coasters are going to be made by Zerier...

The Viking's river splash was installed a couple of years ago by Intamin. That's why I believe that this will be an Intamin coaster. Also since Thirteen already exists, it would be way easier for Intamin them to sell one of these coasters.

I would prefer this to be a Zierer tough, since they really need to get out there with some new bigger coasters.

Don't forget that all of the parks AquaZone Attractions are built by Hegee/Zierer along with Kid power tower and a few others. But I dont care who builds it, i just want to experience one of these things.

Edited by gdoggy1678

You know, there's a park in California that could really use a new coaster like this, since the last new one was over seven years ago...

The last brand new major thing at Legoland CA was built nearly four years ago now..

I'm still sticking with my Zerier theory. It seems as if Zerier is to the Lego Parks as Intamin is to Hershey.

As for the theming, based on the concept art, I imagine it will start out above ground, do a good majority of te layout, the. Have the drop and darkride section as the finale ala Th13teen. Also, I suspect Polar Bears will play a major role in the ride seeing as they are strongly emphasized in the concept animation.

Just thinking out loud here...

Edit: Also, don't forget that technically speaking, while they are their own separate companies, Blackstone does own both Merlin and Busch Entertainment, and I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of multi-attraction deal contract has been established as possibly a slightly cheaper way to add additions to both companies' parks.