Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: The Official Knoebels Thread!

Postby Jim S. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:34 pm

robbalvey wrote:It looked REALLY close to being done when we were there and that was well over a month ago.

I had heard, unofficially but from someone in a position to know, that it would've been open weeks ago except the fire inspector didn't like the size of one of the walkways.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Great news! I suppose it's of little consequence to me, but I'm happy for the park (and the soon-to-be riders).
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby ernierocker » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:51 am

If anyone goes to the park today, be sure to report back here if Black Diamond does indeed open!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Im not at Knoebels (Unfortunatly :cry: ) but I have seen several facebook updates and photos saying that Knoebels has opened the Black Diamond!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes, the Black Diamond has officially opened today!

Link

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby ginzo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:48 pm

That's awesome that they got it open in time for PPP.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Woot! Good to see this ride resurrected.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:18 pm

I was fortunate enough to be at the park today for a ride on Black Diamond. The rides were scheduled to open at noon and a line started forming around Black Diamond soon after. I can't say exactly, but it seemed by around 1 pm, they were cycling trains and by about 1:30 or so Dick Knoebels was called over for the inaugural ride. Unfortunately, with just Mr. Knoebels and one other person in the front row, the train was not able to engage the lift and sort of stalled before the first lift. Long story short, he got his ride, they made some tweeks, he rode again, soon after many from the Knoebel's family were riding, then the ride ops, and by probably about 2 pm or so, the ride was taking it's first public riders. As you've all seen the TPR tour pics, I'll keep this review short.

-they were running 5 trains (two cars per train, up to four riders per car)
-the restraints are just a single self retracting seat belt that goes across both riders
-there is a stationary bar across the width of the train to give you something to hold onto
-there are no seat dividers so larger riders can take a whole row if necessary

-the ride is surprisingly (and enjoyably) long
-there is a TON to see, especially for how quickly you move through each scene, certainly, this is one of those rides that you will notice new details each time you ride
-the ride has a mixture of very modern effects with old tried and true effects
-the ride is very dark (physically), there's about enough light for you to see the scenes and that's it
-while there is no musical score, there are a lot of sound effects throughout the ride as well as some dialogue
-is the ride scary? not per-say, unless you have a fear of the dark, but there are a few moments that may make you jump (as well as a few moments that may make you laugh)

Overall, a VERY enjoyable ride and a perfect fit for Knoebels! So glad to see this attraction open and I could certainly see this ride making it's way onto some folk's favorite dark ride lists.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby liftsifter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Great to see the guys at Knoebels keeping the history alive! And it's great to see their back on their feet after the storm! Awesome work!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Thunderhead » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Lovely! Cannot wait for Knoebels/Hershey in 2012 ;)
KD Ride Op - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (Log Flume/Antique Cars) Come visit me, I'm all over OVA! The tall white guy in the white shirt! :D

Coaster Count: 107

Favorite Coaster: Boulder Dash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!