Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: Worlds Of Fun Discussion Thread

Postby chadster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 pm

^ Glad you liked it. Prowler when warmed up takes ones breath away, that's for sure, and Patriot, I could ride that thing all day, and have on occasion!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 am

Prowler: Because Renegade stole all the Airtime! ;)

Agreed on Patriot. Was expecting Meh, but was pleasantly surprised. A great coaster for ERT. Love that airtime hill!
Snoochie Boochie

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:30 am

Worlds of Fun has notified us of their latest Guiness World Record achievement!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/largest-can-pyramid-built-in-kansas-city/

An engineering firm in Missouri (USA) has stacked its way into the record books by building the world's largest can pyramid.

Local company BRR Architecture Inc were contacted by the Worlds of Fun amusement centre in Kansas City to carry out what was to prove a successful record attempt at the park last month.

Guinness World Records guidelines for the record required the team to build the construction from a minimum of 15,000 cans.

Grocery store Country Mart stepped up to the plate and offered to donate the identical food cans needed. This donation came close to 18,000 canned food items, a remarkable contribution.

To ensure the food was used and did not go to waste, Harvesters- The Community Food Network joined the project to contribute to the record building pyramid and then walk away with a grand donation and contribution for their food warehouse.

Ahead of the attempt, the amusement park, was bustling with excitement. A large area was barricaded off where large pallets holding thousands of canned food items were stacked. The cans were taken out of the plastic wrapping and carried over to the BRR Architecture team, who then strategically placing the cans in a formation.

The group plugged away building the free-standing structure for over 7 hours with only an hour break for lunch.

The eventual base for the pyramid measured 37 x 37 cans with each successive layer subtracting one can. The final construction equaled a grand total of 17, 575 cans, surpassing the minimum requirement for a new record by a huge margin.

Congratulations to Worlds of Fun for this successful record attempt, and a special thank you to BRR Architecture, Inc, Country Mart and Harvesters for their support and hard work.
Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 2.27.34 PM.png
Tin can pyramid 2_500x299.jpg
Tin can pyramid 3_500x299.jpg
Tin can pyramid 4.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby milehighmobster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:11 am

I was there that day, totally hot but the lines were dead! rode each coaster at least 4 times except the boomerang aka backcracker :lmao: the mamba has to be my favorite by far with that amazing air time over the second hill, best spot is gotta be the back car some massive g's all over that ride

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Worlds of Fun has sent us a media advisory about their very different event taking place this month... See for yourself!

Looking for something a little different to cover?

Who: Half Pint Brawlers, as seen on Spike TV, Jackass 3d, MTV, TMZ and more.

What: Hardcore midget wrestling. Something a little different for Haunt, but don’t sell these guys short, this show will not be for the timid.

When: Friday, October 7 – Saturday, October 29. Showtimes are 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30 pm.

Where: Worlds of Fun Amusement Park, Kansas City, Mo.

We were also told that Puppet 'the Psycho Dwarf' will be there as well...

Please tell me someone can go get photos of this event! =)
Last edited by Moose on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

^This should become a regular attraction, and be the entertainment for while you wait for Prowler.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby KC_Engineer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I kinda wish WOF would spend less time on beer pyramids and midget wrestling and more time on building a new coaster. But that's just me...

Postby chadster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:
We were also told that Puppet 'the Psycho Dwarf' will be there as well...

Please tell me someone can go get photos of this event! =)

I'll be there Saturday ;)

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 pm

KC_Engineer wrote:I kinda wish WOF would spend less time on beer pyramids and midget wrestling and more time on building a new coaster. But that's just me...

Or at least a new quality flat, they've done pretty well for themselves in the coaster department over the past years. Not saying I'd be opposed to one, however.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Postby chadster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 pm

^ 2013 ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!