TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

I will be going to the press launch for Atmosfear this Wednesday, so if anyone have any intelligent questions for the Liseberg management then post them here before Wednesday morning and I will try to get them answered!!

hi guys - i am going to be going to stockholm in the next few months.. I will want to visit liseberg whilst in sweden. How would i get there, i'd prefer to use public transport if possible!

Easiest would be to take the train from Stockholm and Gothenburg. Go to www.sj.se to book a ticket, prices range from 95 SEK for the slow trains 4-5 hours or from 150-300 SEK for the fast trains about 3 hours. The cheap tickets are non refundable and are available 90 days before the day of travel, there is a limited amount of cheap tickets so prices will rise depending on demand and time. From the central station you could walk to Liseberg if you have the time, or take a bus, tram or taxi...

Thanks for the information Loefet! very helpful indeed!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of riding Atmosfear on saturday and it truly is a spectacular ride. The view from the top is unlike anything Ive ever experienced, and the drop seems to last forever.

I have uploaded an offride-video to youtube, including a nerd shot of the second ring being collected by the catch car on the way up.

• 2 months later...

After missing out 2010, made our annual visit to Sweden and Liseberg.

Other than the 60min q to ride (was never that when an observation tower ), enjoyed Atmosfear.

It was a sunny Saturday after a few poor days of weather and the Gothia cup was on making the City even busier, park was busy from 11am to 11pm (Blackpool please note!).

• 4 weeks later...

okay so i found a hotel on the park site itself - Hotell Liseberg Heden - It has a special sunday rate which includes a pass for the park, would this just mean its a pass for the park itself on the sunday (i don't think its open on monday) and then we would have to pay for rides too? or would it mean a proper pass???

The train routes seem fairly straight forward.

Not sure about any detail on Hotell Liseberg Heden's pass situation - you may have to contact them directly. A lot of English is spoken in Scandinavia, so you are unlikely to come up against any language problems. Their contact details are listed here: http://www.liseberg.com/en/home/Accommodation/Hotel/Hotell-Liseberg-Heden/About-us/

We recently stayed at Hotel Poseidon: http://www.hotelposeidon.com/en/

Whilst it's not directly next to the park (although neither is Liseberg Heden...), it is only a very short trip away by tram to Korsvägen, where you can get off and take a short walk to the park. Have a look and see if the prices are any good - we found it to be comparable to the cheapest prices at other Gothenburg hotels, but it was very nice.

Have a good trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The 2012 new attraction is Göteborgshjulet (The Gothenburg wheel). It's situated in the docks of Gothenburg but is now getting moved into the park, located on the same hill as where Atmosfear tower is located.

A rendering of what it'll look like.

374830_334472423248997_119312944764947_1292378_1548716993_n.jpg

Source: Liseberg's facebook

And they'll keep the old Schwarzkopf wheel as well, so two wheels in one park!

The park opens on 28th of April.

Well no surprise there.

It's nice to see them getting a new big view attraction, since the gyro tower is no more.

Also good to see Liseberg keep investing, despite building Atmosfear last year, instead of adding nothing new for 2012 like Gröna lund.

Perfect placement of the new wheel, hopefully they will add some special entrance so that they could run it year-round to make even more money.

I have a feeling that the old wheel will only stay one more season, there is loads of space if they remove it for more or less anything. They could easily fit a pretty decent size coaster on top of the mountain at it's location.

• 4 weeks later...

More 2012 news:

Gothenburg wheel relocation:

They are progressing nicely with the foundations. This image is since early January, no idea on how much they have completed since then, not sure on the status of the disassembly of the wheel where it have been located for the past 2 years.

JukeBox replacement:

The Wieland Schwarzkopf made JukeBox is being replaced for a brand new one, mainly due to rising maintenance costs and a general wear on the ride. It's a pretty popular ride so they have decided to replace it with a similar one, but with completely revamped theming, the whole area around it will also get a big facelift.

Main entrance replacement:

Due to large crowds outside the main entrance before the park opens for each day, Liseberg have decided to redo the area outside the main entrance to easier handle the crowds so that the traffic on the road in front of the entrance won't be as affected as it can be today when the crowds get heavy. Little is known at the time, but it seems like they are increasing the size of the plaza outside the entrance and they have confirmed that they will have space for 18 cashiers, compared to the 8 they have today.

This whole fence area will be removed

Making space inside the park

Sources:

Liseberg Facebook-page

Liseberg FB - Gothenburg wheel gallery

Liseberg FB - JukeBox replacement gallery

Liseberg FB - Main entrance replacement gallery

• 1 month later...

Updates!!

The wheel is done, and it looks awesome at it's new location!!

Source - goteborgsbloggarna.se

Liseberg made time-lapse of the erection

The new entrances are taking shape

SOURCE - Liseberg Facebook

Liseberg is reintroducing "Liseberg Häftet" (ticket book) after loads of critical voices against the removal last season. But since I never really uses single tickets then I really don't care about this since I always go for the day-pass, but many family's use them so that the parents can ride with their children.

SOURCE - GP.se

But the most interesting news is an article that I found in today's Metro paper. The board of directors of Liseberg have gone out and said that they would be highly interested to buy the now empty SAAB gearbox factory close to Liseberg, for future expansion of the park. This is really great news since it will allow the park to secure space to expand the park with over 50% compared to what it is today. And best of all is that this area is located in such a location that it's as far away from any residents compared to Liseberg today so there is a good chance of seeing something massive in that area, like Mega-coaster/multi inversion coaster etc...

SOURCE - Metro.se

Here is a map I did over the area a few years ago to illustrate the space available:

Red = Liseberg today

Yellow = area owned by Liseberg, but is a parking lot today, but is planned to be transformed into a Multistorey parking lot on the southern tip, Shops and Hotels along the road to the left and the rest to be an indoor themepark to be opened year-round.

Blue = SAAB gearbox factory, and hopefully soon expansion space for Liseberg

^^^ Since Liseberg is owned by the city, then they would likely have the first pick of the area since most of the board of directors are politicians that have lot of weight in the ruling in/around Gothenburg. The locations is really ideal for the park, the south side is towards an industrial area as well so it's no problem either. And the absolute best thing is that this land is located as far as it is possible from any residents in the area that can complain about noise.

But then again, if there is space they need, then an Aerial tramway to some completely different area is an option that Liseberg have used in the past

^^ Yeah, it's really bad that they don't have Max in the park, especially since the Burger King joints are more expensive in the park compared to the other ones in the city...

I haven't really seen the wheel in person from that angle but when coming into Gothenburg from where I live then it looks epic.

^ This is some much needed space for the park, and now we might finally get some large thrilling coasters!!

WOW! Great plans for Liseberg's future.

Now time to go the Liseberg's dream mode:

Matbe they can build an indoor coaster ala The Mummy. I think that something like that would be a great new ride to have in the park. Or maybe a big-ass Sally darkride.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this have been posted on here, but the current CEO of Liseberg, Andreas Andersen have started a blog on where he write some really interesting things that is not only valid for Liseberg but also a lot of other parks in the world. It's really worth a read. Mind though that it's in Swedish...

Link to the blog: http://www.lisebergblogg.se/andreas/

And with some hideous translation with Google Translate to English: CLICK

The new wheel looks lovely in the park, Peter.

I assume it's like one of the Japanese wheels I am

so fond of riding - slowly - continuously - moving?

(sorry, didn't read anything about it till now, here)

And so much expansion space availablle to the park!

Thanks for updates, Peter. I really think that after

Tokyo Disney Sea, and Europa, THIS is my 3rd park

in my Fave Five, heh heh.

WOW! Great plans for Liseberg's future.

Now time to go the Liseberg's dream mode:

Matbe they can build an indoor coaster ala The Mummy. I think that something like that would be a great new ride to have in the park. Or maybe a big-ass Sally darkride.

Or both, combined in one building???

Hey - I can dream too, hmm?

• 3 months later...

Today Liseberg announced their plans for the next year, which would also be the parks 90:th anniversary since it opened for public 1923. On the 80:th birthday they got Balder, but this time it's all focused on the children and families. This is the largest investment the park have even undertaken, a total of 23 million € is what this present will cost, about twice as much as Balder. They are doing a complete revamp on the kid section of the park and making it into a full fledged "Kaninland" (Rabbit land) for the parks own mascot.

The Revamp will completely transform the whole area and many rides will be replaced/revamped/moved to new locations in the area.

Overview of the area

New kiddy coaster

Links (in Swedish):

Liseberg homepage about the area: Liseberg.se

Link to the press release: MyNesdesk.com

Liseberg Facebook page with more images, etc: Liseberg - Facebook

An article in the local newspaper: GP.se

I forgot to mention that Liseberg recently opened another attraction in the park. They did a overhaul of their old children boat attraction, the new one have loads of scaled down landmarks that are typical of Gothenburg, but on a negative side then the ride isn't free roam as it used to be but all boats follow a certain route through the area. I guess that it have to do something with the throughput of the ride...

Edited by Loefet