Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: The Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby stuff2break » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 am

okay so i found a hotel on the park site itself - Hotell Liseberg Heden - It has a special sunday rate which includes a pass for the park, would this just mean its a pass for the park itself on the sunday (i don't think its open on monday) and then we would have to pay for rides too? or would it mean a proper pass???

The train routes seem fairly straight forward.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby robinschroder » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 am

Not sure about any detail on Hotell Liseberg Heden's pass situation - you may have to contact them directly. A lot of English is spoken in Scandinavia, so you are unlikely to come up against any language problems. Their contact details are listed here: http://www.liseberg.com/en/home/Accommodation/Hotel/Hotell-Liseberg-Heden/About-us/

We recently stayed at Hotel Poseidon: http://www.hotelposeidon.com/en/

Whilst it's not directly next to the park (although neither is Liseberg Heden...), it is only a very short trip away by tram to Korsvägen, where you can get off and take a short walk to the park. Have a look and see if the prices are any good - we found it to be comparable to the cheapest prices at other Gothenburg hotels, but it was very nice.

Have a good trip!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby stuff2break » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:53 pm

thanks for the advice robin i didn't get a chance to post before i left! we ended up staying at liseberg heden - it was perfect location for the theme park, literally about 5 minutes walk!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 am

If you are interested in a Full HD POV of AtmosFear at Liseberg, here it is:

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Olov » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:22 am

The 2012 new attraction is Göteborgshjulet (The Gothenburg wheel). It's situated in the docks of Gothenburg but is now getting moved into the park, located on the same hill as where Atmosfear tower is located.
A rendering of what it'll look like.
Source: Liseberg's facebook
And they'll keep the old Schwarzkopf wheel as well, so two wheels in one park! :lmao:
The park opens on 28th of April.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:57 am

Olov wrote:
And they'll keep the old Schwarzkopf wheel as well, so two wheels in one park! :lmao:
The park opens on 28th of April.

That's okay, because they now have two drop towers as well! But I love Liseberg, and don't mind this at all.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am

Well no surprise there.
It's nice to see them getting a new big view attraction, since the gyro tower is no more.
Also good to see Liseberg keep investing, despite building Atmosfear last year, instead of adding nothing new for 2012 like Gröna lund.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Perfect placement of the new wheel, hopefully they will add some special entrance so that they could run it year-round to make even more money.
I have a feeling that the old wheel will only stay one more season, there is loads of space if they remove it for more or less anything. They could easily fit a pretty decent size coaster on top of the mountain at it's location.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 am

More 2012 news:

Gothenburg wheel relocation:
They are progressing nicely with the foundations. This image is since early January, no idea on how much they have completed since then, not sure on the status of the disassembly of the wheel where it have been located for the past 2 years.

JukeBox replacement:
The Wieland Schwarzkopf made JukeBox is being replaced for a brand new one, mainly due to rising maintenance costs and a general wear on the ride. It's a pretty popular ride so they have decided to replace it with a similar one, but with completely revamped theming, the whole area around it will also get a big facelift.

Main entrance replacement:
Due to large crowds outside the main entrance before the park opens for each day, Liseberg have decided to redo the area outside the main entrance to easier handle the crowds so that the traffic on the road in front of the entrance won't be as affected as it can be today when the crowds get heavy. Little is known at the time, but it seems like they are increasing the size of the plaza outside the entrance and they have confirmed that they will have space for 18 cashiers, compared to the 8 they have today.

This whole fence area will be removed

Making space inside the park

Sources:
Liseberg Facebook-page
Liseberg FB - Gothenburg wheel gallery
Liseberg FB - JukeBox replacement gallery
Liseberg FB - Main entrance replacement gallery

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Updates!!

The wheel is done, and it looks awesome at it's new location!!

Source - goteborgsbloggarna.se

Liseberg made time-lapse of the erection

The new entrances are taking shape

SOURCE - Liseberg Facebook

Liseberg is reintroducing "Liseberg Häftet" (ticket book) after loads of critical voices against the removal last season. But since I never really uses single tickets then I really don't care about this since I always go for the day-pass, but many family's use them so that the parents can ride with their children.
SOURCE - GP.se

But the most interesting news is an article that I found in today's Metro paper. The board of directors of Liseberg have gone out and said that they would be highly interested to buy the now empty SAAB gearbox factory close to Liseberg, for future expansion of the park. This is really great news since it will allow the park to secure space to expand the park with over 50% compared to what it is today. And best of all is that this area is located in such a location that it's as far away from any residents compared to Liseberg today so there is a good chance of seeing something massive in that area, like Mega-coaster/multi inversion coaster etc...
SOURCE - Metro.se

Here is a map I did over the area a few years ago to illustrate the space available:

Red = Liseberg today
Yellow = area owned by Liseberg, but is a parking lot today, but is planned to be transformed into a Multistorey parking lot on the southern tip, Shops and Hotels along the road to the left and the rest to be an indoor themepark to be opened year-round.
Blue = SAAB gearbox factory, and hopefully soon expansion space for Liseberg :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!