Photo TR: ECC/ACE trip to Japan

final update 1/5/06 Fuji-Q, stuck on Fujiyama and other park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:44 pm

Elissa is right. There are some interesting coasters but it is just the experiance. The group I was with was great. The Japanese people are fantastic. Most of the parks are real nice. True, a lot of the coasters are average but the trip was a whole lot of fun. I can't wait to go back.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:16 pm

i wanna go! :)

...on the escalator ride! 8)
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing the trip, gisco. I was in Japan in 1972 and only got to ride what was there at the time, in FujiHighland Park (or whatever's near the base of you-know-what). Can't even remember the coasters, been so long ago.

But I must tell you. I think we now have a coaster we can safely call The GAY COASTER . See below.

Hmmm? :wink: And with friggin' fake lavender palm trees there, too! So choice, yubetcha. Hey, there's even a soft-cornered triangle there! :shock: Who knew?

:)
FrightFlight.jpg
Color scheme and positioning says it all, bois and gurls.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:05 pm

^wouldn't that be the BISEXUAL coaster? :)
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:10 pm

^^I've never seen an SLC look so appealing.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:42 pm

niiicolaaah wrote:^wouldn't that be the BISEXUAL coaster? :)

Hmmm. Could be. Could be there.

"Where everything is possible, and nothing makes sense." (a musical quote)

:wink:

Hey - Name This Coaster Contest! (other than FrightFlight, it's actual name)

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:56 pm

September 11th
Today was the 7th full day of the tour and we went to Disneyland on a budget or as they call it, Nara Dreamland. Somebody who went to Disneyland in California, took pictures and tried to recreate it in Japan designed this park. If you’re a Disney fan you need to go here just to see it in person. You better hurry though because I understand that the park will be closing in a year or two. There is a nice train station with train and you enter the park passing under the tracks. In the town square there is a town hall and fire station on the left. Looking down Main Street you see the castle. To the right of the castle is a mountain with the bobsleigh ride and complete with sky buckets that go thru the mountain just like Disneyland used to have. Further to the right is the monorail station with a car ride right behind it. If you go left at the castle you would end up on the jungle cruise. There are even tracks on main street for a trolley. Of course most of this stuff was not working when we were there and by the looks of it had not been working in some time. Our group out numbered the other guests by at least 10 to one.
There are 5 credits in the park. The Kids Coaster by Pinfari was a credit. Screw Coaster by Arrow was a normal corkscrew, painful. The Japanese must love these coasters because it seems like everyone has a corkscrew. Fantasy Coaster by Meisho was a mine train type coaster and wasn’t to bad. I rode it a couple of times. Mostly to get a view of their water park which already closed for the year.
Bobsleigh by Sensei was there knock off of the Matterhorn Bobsleds. The lift hill is inside the mountain which is all open and you can see the structure. When you get to the top you just circle the mountain a couple of times and back into the station. I think there was supposed to be a part where you hit the water a little at the end like the Matterhorn but there was no water. The side of the mountain comes real close to the car and I’m sure you would hit it if you stuck your arms out. By far the best wooden coaster on the trip and one of the best over all was Aska by Intamin Lots of airtime. I lost count the number of times I rode it. It was the first ride I rode in the park. I then rode all the other coasters and came back to Aska and rode it until we had to leave. It will be sad to see this park close and not have someone buy and relocate it. This coaster is so out of place with the rest of the park. I would recommend this park because of Aska and you have to see how they tried to copy Disneyland.
We moved on to Hirakata Park later in the day. This is another park I would have liked to spend more time in. In was one of the nicest parks on the trip. Well themed and they had 5 credits!
Their Crazy Mouse looked like a spinning mouse but the cars didn’t spin. To bad because that would have made the ride more fun. Peekaboo Town was the kiddie coaster. When we got in line I saw the same 2 guys in front of us that caused a problem at Expoland. We went and rode the mouse first and came back. I didn’t want to be embarrassed again.
Fantastic Rowdy Coaster was more of a family coaster and Red Falcon was a large ho hum nonlooping coaster.
Elf was a junior wooden Intamin coaster. I would rank it 3rd best wooden on the trip behind Regina at Tobu Zoo. Fun but it was short and very little airtime. Fun none the less. They had an icehouse, dark rides and this cool ride kind of like bumper cars. The cars were enclosed and you fired balls at the other cars for points.
CP9110146.JPG
nice so far
DSCN0822.JPG
Looks familiar
DSCN0827.JPG
Looking down main street to the castle
DSCN0854.JPG
Town Hall and fire station. Funny choice of colors.
DSCN0835.JPG
Matterhorn, sky buckets and monorail track
DSCN0837.JPG
bobsleigh car
DSCN0842.JPG
Screw Coaster, I don't know if this is a statement or the name!
DP9110020.JPG
Aska
DSCN0830.JPG
More Aska
DSCN0833.JPG
This ride is so good you will loose your underware!
DSCN0855.JPG
Hirakata
DSCN0857.JPG
DP9110036.JPG
Elf in the background
DP9110026.JPG
Elf
DP9110037.JPG
Red Falcon
DSCN0864.JPG
Crazy Mouse, what was crazy is why they didn't spin
DSCN0871.JPG
Fantastic Coaster Rowdy
DP9110056.JPG
DP9110058.JPG
DSCN0873.JPG

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:15 pm

Great overhead shots, just as everything changes with the light, lol.

Were you in the big ferris skywheel there, taking the shots? Looked like it.

:)

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:22 pm

Yeah, we were in the wheel. We rode just about every wheel in all the parks we visited. Did it for the view and the photos.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:05 am

Did you do any of the dark rides at Hirakata?? Some of them were really messed up!!!! Headphones, decapitations, clowns, great place!

...and they had a McDonalds IN THE PARK!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive