Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 pm

This is disapointing... I was hoping this would be open, as I was going to this area of the country next year.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:42 pm

*sigh*... oh well. Another unnecessary year for it to sit dormant.

I can still see the park opening from what I've seen and heard, I just don't know when exactly.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 am

Disappointing but really not that surprising, I never had that much faith in the park ever opening again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:20 am

Hopefully they get to open next year. I was hoping to get a trip in there in the next few years.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TXthrills2010 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am

sad day :/

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby gforce532 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Well one good thing about this news for me is that it is one less park I have to worry about going to next year. So it frees up my budget just a little bit. And mabey one more year will make them better prepared for whenever they do reopen, if ever.

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:57 pm

I wonder if this is just a delay with the contract/partnership or is it the beginning of a series of events? We'll have to wait and see. :|

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Porsmond » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm

I once had a chance to go to Kentucky Kingdom back in 2002, I knew that the park was'nt too far south from Kings Island, and my dad asked me if I wanted to go as he was willing to make the trip for me, However in the end, I decided on spending 2 days at Kings Island instead of 1 day at each, I'm a bit gutted now I didnt take that chance.
Still hopefully the park will live on and reopen in 2013, but it still sounds a bit hit or miss, will be interesting to follow this story to see what happens, Its always horrible to hear of any park(good or bad) complety close down so lets hope this doesnt eventually lead to another Astroworld

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tylercolby83 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 pm

It ALL depends on state government at this point. We know Ed Hart has the chops to make the park successful. The company that owns a few area hotels has pledged to back him up on paying his bank loans. So the only thing in limbo right now is the $20 million investment Mr. Hart has asked the state to make. We are electing a governor this November, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen until the legislature meets next year.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 pm

I knew this was coming. Though, it is sad for those who live in Kentucky have to drive to Holiday World & Kings Island for another year.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!