Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 179: Male Masai giraffe calf born at Kilimanjaro Safaris
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Ride Op Injured at Animal Kingdom

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am

^I'm not really sure why this would rate an "eye roll." Most likely, Disney would be slammed they had not spent some time at the hospital with the victim's family.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am

Unless by employees they meant Disney attorneys.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 am

^Then the eye roll would be merited. ;)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am

cfc wrote:^I'm not really sure why this would rate an "eye roll." Most likely, Disney would be slammed they had not spent some time at the hospital with the victim's family.

Had this been a relative or friend of mine, I don't think I would want Disney spending time with anyone when their intentions are obviously self serving. I don't think they would be criticized for leaving them be either. Clearly the family doesn't have an issue with it, so it's a moot point.
Been you to have any spike, man?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am

^It's a fine line. If someone from Disney hadn't been there, then Disney could've been labeled as "uncaring" or "callous." But, yes, it would depend on what the family wants.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

Or "Disney staff was at the hospital with the man's family" could mean that co-workers that are friends with him are there with him and his family.

That line could mean many of things.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lifthill711 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 am

It appears they did not make it.

LINK REMOVED

Sad to hear.

ADMIN EDIT: Not only has that link been posted already on this very same thread, but you are not allowed to post any external links yet. Per the Terms of Service you agreed upon when registering with the site, you are not allowed to post any links until you have at least 50 legitimate posts on the forum. Please be sure to read over those terms again to be sure that your future posts aren't in violation, and be sure to read through the threads you post on to make sure that you aren't duplicating information that has already been shared.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 pm.

"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Postby ILoveRides » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

^^^ I draw the line at Mickey and Pluto coming into the operating room and signing autographs. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

NEWS: Avatar Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 am

Original Announcement

We have great news to share today. At a press conference happening right now at Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Iger and Tom Staggs just announced a long-term creative partnership with James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Disney Parks. And it’ll all begin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

James and his producing partner Jon Landau and their team at Lightstorm Entertainment will serve as creative consultants on the project and will work side-by-side with our Walt Disney Imagineers as we dream up experiences that will take our guests deep into worlds of AVATAR like never before. There are also two sequels to the record setting first film in the works, which will offer more fascinating stories, characters and locations to explore in the AVATAR universe. Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is planned as the site of the first AVATAR-themed land with construction expected to begin by 2013.

We believe Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a great fit for this project because it was created to give guests the opportunity to experience the worlds of animals and nature – real and mythical – in new ways. Disney’s Animal Kingdom also celebrates adventure, living in harmony with nature and environmental stewardship – themes that are deeply rooted in the story of AVATAR.

The design phase on the Disney’s Animal Kingdom project has just begun so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more details.

Got questions about the announcement? If so, Tom Staggs will be answering them in a special Q&A blog post later today. Just submit your name, city where you’re from and your question to questionsfortom@disney.com and then check the Disney Parks Blog later to see some of the answers.

Disney's Announcement

Updates:
Disney Q&A on Project
Last edited by Airtime&Gravity on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:55 pm.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: NEWS: Disney Announces Deal for 'Avatar' Attractions

Postby harper83087 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 am

Interesting...Great potential for a few coasters if Disney decides to go that route.
Total:99, steel:73 wood:26 According to Coaster Counter
Top 5 Steel: Magnum XL-200; X2; Maverick; Alpengeist; Tatsu
Top 5 Wood: Apocalypse; Beast; Mean Streak; Blue Streak; Shivering Timbers

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!