TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

According to Screamscape, it sounds like Kingda Ka will be down for the remainder of the season

Also, trusted Screamscape sources have confirmed that Kingda Ka will be down for the rest of the season. The incident in question that took place a day or two before the hurricane struck did some serious damage it seems.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_adventure.htm

I'm thinking (and hoping for) low to moderate crowds. No concert tomorrow helps too since there are concerts Sunday, next Saturday and next Sunday.

I have never gone the Saturday after school started but have gone that Sunday and it has been very light crowds.

Sky Screamer? Isn't that the name of the drop tower at Marineland?

Perhaps once Marineland gets wind of this (no pun intended), Six Flags will then have to change the name to...wait for it...

Voodoo?

Funny you should ask that, I also wondered the same when SF STL announced their version about a year ago. Link

Crowds are light now, I got to the park 30 minutes ago and so far Nitro had a 15 minute wait, Dark Knight just has a wait to get into the preshow. Superman looks to be around 20 minutes. The Skyway is running too which I wasn't expecting especially with it listed on the closed rides board.

Here's the Fright Fest line up for this year. All of the mazes sound awful and corny, and generic. But good god, nothing can be worse than that debacle last year.

http://frightfest.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/

Fearful Frights

Project XI: Mortuary Manor

With almost all evidence of the 2005 zombie apocalypse erased, humans are once again willing to reenter the town of Jackson. Dare to explore the one place where the zombies have yet to be eradicated. One twisted scientist is desperate to ensure zombies regain their stronghold on society, minting new zombies from the dearly departed in the dark, back hallways of a funeral parlor. And these undead creatures have only one mission – eat the living.

Demented Forest

Take a haunted tour through the Demented Forest and fight your way passed foggy woods, abandoned cabins and wicked creatures. These woods was the site of a grisly triple homicide case that was never solved so all are encouraged to venture in pairs and not veer from the designated path.

Escape From the Asylum

Enjoy a nighttime tour of The FJM Sanitarium for Wellness – originally known for its innovative methods and techniques but now remembered for the night a lobotomy turned deadly — for everyone at the hospital.

Lakefront Graveyard

The Lakefront Graveyard is the rumored home to an ever-growing number of ghosts, ghouls and monsters. Traverse coffins, tombs and other cemetery horrors when you visit the haunted burial ground.

The Haunted Heist

Deadly lasers eliminate almost all sources of escape in this haunted maze. Manage your way through the path unscathed or risk being sliced alive by these unpredictable machines.

Zambora

Sightings of Zambora, the half-woman, half-gorilla are at an all-time high. Those lucky enough to spot her are rewarded with a first-hand view of the mythical beauty’s transformation from woman to animal. Those even luckier, make it out alive.

Monstertainment

Demon Barber of Main Street

Guests can catch haunting, live Broadway songs in this solo production starring the Demon Barber, featuring music from Wicked, Sweeney Todd and Phantom of the Opera. Just be careful not to sit in his barber chair. His fingers often tend to slip.

Dead Man’s Party

Join the haunted party with 10 zombie performers, hit songs and red-hot choreography starring the murderous Dr. Fright. The most wicked dance party in the Northeast is only recommended for the strong of heart.

The Ghoulmaster’s Ghosts

This dance party had been a Halloween tradition for thousands of years bringing the most morbid and macabre characters together to shun the “normals.” Enjoy the anticipated return after a horrible incident took place a few years back.

weordphot

Fright Fest Freak Show

This Coney Island freak show appears in New Jersey area every Halloween chock full of the most death-defying and awe-inspiring creatures ever seen by man. Sword swallowers, human block heads, light bulb eaters, fire breathers and more for your horror and amazement.

The Awakening

On Halloween, a funeral procession takes on a life of its own. This isn’t a somber affair and there’s no grieving. It’s a parade that culminates with a giant zombie party. At The Awakening, you can watch The Ghoulmaster resurrect Dr. Fright right before your very eyes.

Hypnosteria

Get a first-hand view of our amazing mentalist/comic hypnotist. This twisted man will be putting the bravest audience members under his wicked spell before your very eyes.

Dead and Local

Great live music from local artists. Head over to the stage to see ghouls rocking out this Halloween in the park. Just be on the lookout – New Jersey bands have a tendency to go a bit off the rails. Take local band, Biz Arrow, for example…

So Sunday looks like a beautiful-weather day to hit the park - any ideas on how crowded it'll be with this Adventura Latina concert going on?

Whatever larger crowds they get for the event are likely to be offset by people in the know staying away from the park for a Latina event. The problem won't be crowds but the increase in bad seeds that will be attracted to the event to celebrate their "heritage" by breaking rules and displaying a mob mentality.

Disclaimer: This is not a racist comment as I would expect the same vibe at an Irish or Italian event in the park; two heritages I share.

There's a concert on Saturday too but I'm hoping crowds will be low again like last week. The concert is Steven Curtis Chapman which I don't think will bring huge crowds since I don't think he is that popular (although I could be totally wrong about that).

So Sunday looks like a beautiful-weather day to hit the park - any ideas on how crowded it'll be with this Adventura Latina concert going on?

Whatever larger crowds they get for the event are likely to be offset by people in the know staying away from the park for a Latina event. The problem won't be crowds but the increase in bad seeds that will be attracted to the event to celebrate their "heritage" by breaking rules and displaying a mob mentality.

Disclaimer: This is not a racist comment as I would expect the same vibe at an Irish or Italian event in the park; two heritages I share.

I agree with you. Plus, it's not a racist comment, it's more of a fact.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet...from Six Flags Great Adventure's Facebook page:

Six Flags Great Adventure

So much going on this week- 1/2 priced tickets Thursday, Sept. 29; an EXCLUSIVE Season Pass holder event Friday, Sept. 30; Fright Fest begins Saturday, Oct. 1; and we just found out that SkyScreamer grew from 15 to 24 stories tall!

I wonder why the sudden change...now a 240-foot tower instead of 150? Hopefully the other flats are still to follow...

There's a concert on Saturday too but I'm hoping crowds will be low again like last week. The concert is Steven Curtis Chapman which I don't think will bring huge crowds since I don't think he is that popular (although I could be totally wrong about that).

He's one of the top Contemporary Christian artists. I don't know what his fan-base is like in NJ, but he's definitely not a small name. His music is more like pop-rock/worship music, so he would probably draw a lot different of a crowd than a band like Skillet would. Here's one of his most popular songs:

Sad note: Steven wrote this song shortly before his young daughter got hit and killed by Steven's new-driver teenage son. I think she was around age 6 and the boy was about 16. Such a sad thing that happened.

EDIT: whoops I just realized that post was from two weeks ago, I'd be curious to hear if anyone went to the concert.

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet...from Six Flags Great Adventure's Facebook page:

Six Flags Great Adventure

So much going on this week- 1/2 priced tickets Thursday, Sept. 29; an EXCLUSIVE Season Pass holder event Friday, Sept. 30; Fright Fest begins Saturday, Oct. 1; and we just found out that SkyScreamer grew from 15 to 24 stories tall!

I wonder why the sudden change...now a 240-foot tower instead of 150? Hopefully the other flats are still to follow...

This is great news, and I wondered why they would put such a short tower for a large park.

• 2 weeks later...
After riding Wiindseeker at Cedar Point, I was surprised at the restraints in the video. They just look like the typical ones on the old school swing rides.

There's also a seatbelt in the video but they do look like they'll offer plenty of freedom