Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: The Hersheypark Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Hershey is open this weekend! According to their Facebook, the only rides set to be down are SooperDooperLooper and Tidal Force.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby UnderCoverDrummer1 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Here you go eddie: video-embed.pennlive.com/services/player/bcpid619299306001?bctid=1156050390001

Ccron you are completely right. The gross majority of the people getting upset and criticizing Zoo America are probably not residents of the Hershey, PA area. And I truly feel for the Hersheypark staff for having to deal with such a barrage of unwarranted negativity.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:57 pm

^ Thanx, and agree with you and CCron.

BTW CCron, thanx for the multi rides in a row on sdL at ECB without getting off. That is probably my favorite ride there!!!!
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:41 am

Hersheypark has sent us a press release setting the officially reopening date, as September 17th, also welcoming guests on the 18th of the same month.

Hersheypark has weathered many storms in its 104-year history, including most recently the effects of Tropical Storm Lee. The storm resulted in unprecedented flooding throughout the town on September 7 and 8.

Before the flood waters had completely receded, the Hersheypark Team had mobilized into action to assess damage and begin a staggering clean-up job. As a result of those efforts, the Park is ready to welcome guests on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18. (In September, the Park is open on Saturdays and Sundays only.)

At this time, only two rides that would ordinarily be open at this time of year are not yet ready to be reopened – sooperdooperLooper and Tidal Force. The Boardwalk at Hersheypark closed for its season on Labor Day. This leaves more than 50 rides and attractions ready for guests this weekend.

All rides have been thoroughly inspected by Park personnel with assistance from an independent ride inspection team.

Admission for this weekend is $55.95 for ages 9 to 54, $34.95 for ages 3 to 8 and ages 55 and older, and free for children 2 and younger. A $14 coupon is available on the Hersheypark Facebook page.

Admission includes Park rides; entertainment; access to select games, retail and food locations; and entry to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park.

ZooAmerica will also officially reopen on Saturday. Hours for this weekend are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. both days. The Zoo will be open daily after that, with hours posted on www.ZooAmerica.com. The Zoo can be accessed via Hersheypark admission or through its own entrance building on Park Avenue.

In addition, other Hershey attractions – The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue; Hershey Gardens; and Hershey’s Chocolate World – will be open this weekend, as they have been for the past week.

For additional information, please visit www.HersheyPA.com or call 1-800-HERSHEY.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm

I read on their Facebook page (granted, it wasn't by the park, so who knows) that they were extending complimentary tickets through the end of Hersheypark in the Dark. Does anyone know if that's true? I have one from the viral campaign that I'd much rather use during HPitD if I'm allowed!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

^ Fire off an email to customer service or call and ask. It sounds like something they would do considering the circumstances.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm

^After I posted that I actually did just that! Thanks. :)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby UnderCoverDrummer1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:43 am

Had an awesome day at Hersheypark yesterday. The weather was nice and cool and made for great coaster riding especially at night. I was really pleased to find that the park had installed a fence with windows for viewing the Sky Rush construction site. I didn't really appreciate it until I saw them in person, but the footers for this ride are MASSIVE. And more importantly this ride will continue my favorite quality of Hersheypark, that RollerCoaster Tycoon feeling. What I mean is that when I used to play the original roller coaster tycoon and was confronted with a small park, I would squeeze as many rides into that tiny foot print as I possibly could. I love being able to walk through the park and see at least 2-3 coasters from any vantage point. I have no doubt that when the ride is finally completed they will finish landscaping to the point where you'll think that Sky Rush had just been there forever, just like they've done around all the other coasters.

P.S. After riding Storm Runner, front row, around 8:45 when it was about 60 degrees and the sun had completely set, I have found a new favorite coaster. I think that hands down it is a better coaster than Fahrenheit. And the darkness combined with the cold gave me my first experience with motion blur. Not to mention the view of Comet Hollow all lit up as well as Lightning Racer and Wildcat out in Midway America. I could ride that coaster all day and all night.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 pm

^It's good that Hersheypark is up and running again.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am

Good day Junior Researchers. First of all we’d like to thank you for being such great participants in our campaign. We sincerely hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did. It was also great to actually get to meet some of you at the Skyrush announcement.

We’ve been delaying contacting you in hopes that we could get a date at which we’d know when the opening of Skyrush would be, but unfortunately the flood might have changed that timeline slightly.

In the Spring we’ll be reaching back out to you with the open date of Skyrush so that we can schedule you to be one of the first public riders. If you are able to join us that day we’ll provide a ticket for you and a guest, however the first ride opportunity will be reserved for the Junior Researchers.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!