Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
FIRE HAIRED BOY

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby krazekiddd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Woah, that video of the ride looks pretty awesome! I would say it would be awesome but then I think of Tokyo Disneyland and think they would do it better. ;)

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatMan007 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:32 pm

scottian wrote:Two questions about tower of terror;

Does it still run random drop sequences?

Is it true that the fifth dimension room has been diminished to a dark hallway?

Yes it still runs the random drop sequences.

The fifth dimension room diminished to a dark hallway last summer during the 'summer nightastic' promotion (they put curtains over the scenery and added a DCA-esque picture of the people in the elevator get shocked and disappear effect at the end of the hallway), after the promotion ended last August the room returned to it's normal self.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

Today, we’re thrilled to share plans for a new role-playing adventure coming to Walt Disney World called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. This is going to be fun – and it’s all happening inside the park. Merlin the magician will recruit guests to become apprentice sorcerers and then help them with maps and clues that show where and how to defeat an army of Disney villains.

Looks interesting, right? Work on this new adventure is already underway. You may notice a few giant crates and even some new spaces showing up throughout Adventureland. They’ll provide early clues to the challenge you’ll face while trying to save the Magic Kingdom.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is scheduled to debut in early 2012. And we’ll be sharing more details in the future so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates.
sor594243LARGE.jpg
rea594234LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 pm

NO. I HATE THIS.

I loved being in the Firehouse when parades were going... :cry: This attraction is taking over the Firehouse location.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about

Postby PriestofSyrinx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Snow White Mine train- Looks very fun! It seems like there are going to be a lot of WOAH! moments during the ride. Im interested in seeing a lot more! Cannot wait to try it out!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom- This looks like a great fit at the Magic Kingdom! It seems lie its going to use the Kim Possible technology! Which in my experience, was very fun!
Favs: Maverick/Mindbender/Magnum/Goliath/Voyage

Will find a Rush reference in your post, whether its there or not!

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

A.J. wrote:NO. I HATE THIS.

I loved being in the Firehouse when parades were going... :cry: This attraction is taking over the Firehouse location.

THANK YOU!!!!! I don't like the idea either! I don't think it fits, and just doesn't belong in the Magic Kingdom. At least I can pretend it doesn't exist, because of all the construction, I have a slight idea of how the game might be laid out. The areas of "Play" seem to be off in corners or nooks, not near the major crowd areas. I really hope the firehouse isn't destroyed or made the "Central point" of the game. That would be horrible show.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:21 pm

It certainly is a poor reaction to the competition from Harry Potter over at IOA. It's taking the word magic way too literally.
I think it comes across as a slightly desparate. The work they are doing with interactive lines like Haunted Mansion is a far better use of resources.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/animation-turns-into-an-attraction-at-under-the-sea-journey-of-the-little-mermaid/

One of the highly anticipated attractions coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park is Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid.

The attraction, a seaside grotto beneath the castle of Prince Eric, is where guests enter the world of Ariel and her friends for an adventure filled with songs from the classic film. But you don’t have to wait until it opens to take a look inside. Walt Disney Imagineering just shared this video with us, in which Imagineer Eric Miller explains how the team is creating a realistic underwater environment for Ariel that’s inspired by the film.

This amazing and detailed process involves sketches, models, computer technology, construction and artistry. See for yourself!

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 am

In case you've forgotten - Walt Disney World celebrates its 40th anniversary today.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PSiRockin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Forty years and still lookin' great!
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!