Photo TR: Derek goes to Lagoon

and doesn't need to become Mormon to do it!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Photo TR: Derek goes to Lagoon

Postby simon8899 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

They seem to think that unless it has a TTD or an X2 it's not really a theme park.

In the US you are really pampered with parks featuring tons of large costum designed coasters - and I envy you sometimes for it.... :mickey:

Here in europe even "big" parks "only" have 5-8 credits - a thrid of them family or kiddie - plus even the thrill coasters are mostly small or standard variants from the manufacturers and seldom large costum designed coasters. "Average" parks normally have 1-2 thrill coasters plus 1-2 family/kiddie coasters - so you can't amass credits as fast as in the US - unless you've a big transatlantic travel-budget.

The only thing we can count on are the classic travelling coasters on our carnivals - and they're only a subway-ride away.... :)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 pm

simon8899 wrote:
They seem to think that unless it has a TTD or an X2 it's not really a theme park.

In the US you are really pampered with parks featuring tons of large costum designed coasters - and I envy you sometimes for it.... :mickey:

Here in europe even "big" parks "only" have 5-8 credits - a thrid of them family or kiddie - plus even the thrill coasters are mostly small or standard variants from the manufacturers and seldom large costum designed coasters. "Average" parks normally have 1-2 thrill coasters plus 1-2 family/kiddie coasters - so you can't amass credits as fast as in the US - unless you've a big transatlantic travel-budget.

The only thing we can count on are the classic travelling coasters on our carnivals - and they're only a subway-ride away.... :)

Where`s the problem ??? Europe has wonderful parks and a bunch of GREAT Coasters...Sorry...but I have to say it`s GREAT to live here theme park / coasterwise ;)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:36 pm

As I said - we've mostly some great classics like many Schwarzkopf's and woodys like the Rutschebanen or Hochschaubahn. But Europe lacks great costum B&Ms for example.

But if you take for example Heide-Park: They can't compete with major US parks - the only world-class coaster there is Colossos. Next to that they have two standard Vekoma coasters - one SLC *ouch* and one MK-1200 double-loop, double corkscrew - some might say the latter is costum, but that was only an added block-break for 4-train operation which was removed years ago. And then you've Krake - a Mini-B&M-Diver - and Desert Race a "light" version of Intamin Accelerator. The last two can't go against lets say Griffon or Xcelerator.

But even if you take Hansapark which has two great costum coasters with a classic Schwarzkopf Looping-Racer and an Gestelauer Launched Eurofighter - they have "only" two. In the US/Canada you would find at least twice as much major coasters in a park that size.

Not to say our coasters are bad - but much fewer in number.... :)

If you take for example SFMM, Busch Gardens Tampa or Cedar Point you can go from coaster to coaster all day and can be lucky if you can ride each twice - even on a day with little crowds. Can't remember such a day at a german park....

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 am

^ Honestly, I think the "correct" number of coasters for a park to have is 2-5. Any more than that, and they just become numbers. Management seems to lose interest in all except the newest one, non-coaster rides are viewed as irrelevant, and the park slowly becomes a sort of "credit death march."

I honestly can't think of a park I really like that has more than six coasters. Not because I hate coasters, mind you. But because parks that are all about coasters don't seem to be interested in very much else.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:04 am

Ugh, I can't believe I still haven't been to this park!!!

It's hard to go to SLC in the summer when I love it during the winter sooo much!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks for the report, very funny. This looks like a great place to visit, glad you got a chance to show it to us.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby 65skylark » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Great TR Derek! That's the most complete report I've seen on this park. I've often thought of making the extra drive when we do our annual Silverwood trip. Maybe next year.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Would it be prohibitive to include this park on the tentative 'Northwest Trip?'

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 pm

I love this park!! I really can't wait to go back sometime!

Thanks for the TR!
Hm, I see...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coaster-crazy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:03 am

Great photos! I just went to this park for the first time in early August, and was going to post a Lagoon TR... I think I will wait a little bit now. :lmao:

Thanks for posting.
Check out the official TPR Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk thread!
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53779

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive