TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

There are some problems with the concept art, other than the need of smoothing.

There is a hyper coaster lead car and sit down B&M restraints on a stand up coaster!

DISCLAIMER:I know this was just concept art. I just wanted to point out something.

It could be that since we've last seen a new B&M standup installed, the trains were redesigned. I see the bicycle seats and the part that goes near the waist.

KDCOASTERFAN, I have a question. When Mark Shapiro & Dan Snyder were thrown off corporate, were there other members that left with them? That would explain why these ride relocations are still progress? If we have a new corporate management, maybe they thought it was cheaper to give us a B&M that was being removed, rather than buying a new one.

If people pack the park for this new attraction, I believe the new corporate management will give us a new coaster for 2013. It's possible that they are resuming the old master plan that they had for this park. You never know, next attraction could be the indoor ride we were suppose to get.

I don't know how many of the red zone staff were let go when the change in management took place but I highly doubt it that we'll see another coaster at the park so soon after this one.

Sadly I think that original site plan drawn up in 1999 by the original premier parks management team will not come to fruition,if it would've then we'd be seeing that 140 ft. tall,3,000ft long B&M standup that was originally planed for 2001 & not a relocated Iron wolf coaster from SFGRAM...still this may be a new beginning for a park that was long overdue for a major ride/coaster seeing as how every SF branded park currently in the chain has gotten mutliple coasters over the past ten years but this one.Right now I'm taking a wait & see approach to how SFI plans to upgrade the ride side of the park in the future before deciding if it would be worth visiting again.

The colors actually remind me of KD's Shockwave's original color scheme. That's a good thing, imo.

This addition is enough to get me back in the park next year so good job, Six Flags!

(KDCoasterfan will be there too, methinks)

I don't think so...unless I'm driving by then as even the friends who I used to go to SFA with(who did the driving) won't return as even they grew tired of the park in favor of KD.

Now if they keep up the momentum of this addition & once again begin adding new rides to the ride side of the park(especially to replace what they lost over the years) then maybe,just maybe I might consider returning,of course it'd be suject to wether I get my liscense as well,which I hope to do within the next year.

then maybe,just maybe I might consider returning,of course it'd be suject to wether I get my liscense as well,which I hope to do within the next year.

Ah, so he's 15. Now it all makes sense.

Let's not s tart that nonsense please,I'm in my late 30's but simply havn't gotten a liscense yet for my own reasons.

What are they going to do with Skull Mountain's old station? I'm assuming they are building a new one for this ride because it's station in Six Flags Great America was up off the ground.

Could they possibly convert Skull Mountain's station area into a sizable haunted house for the future?

I think this will be a pivotal year for the future of SFA. A "new" coaster always will bring in new guests, or guests that return when a new coaster is built. SFA really gained some popularity at least in my area when they went on the run of building coasters from 99 to 01. I REALLY hope the service improves for the park this year, and the attendance numbers reflect that.

I doubt I'll like the ride, judging from my experience on Vortex at Carowinds, but from the park's standpoint this is a much bigger deal than a relocated 20 year coaster.

What are they going to do with Skull Mountain's old station? I'm assuming they are building a new one for this ride because it's station in Six Flags Great America was up off the ground.

Could they possibly convert Skull Mountain's station area into a sizable haunted house for the future?

I'd assume that theyr're getting rid of the old station as there's no further need for it.

I'd assume that theyr're getting rid of the old station as there's no further need for it.

You don't think it could replace SFA's Hall Manor building? If their looking to improve Fright Fest for the future, this would be a good start. The old Skull Mountain station could easily be converted into an indoor haunted house. They could even extend the building to the further left; away from the ride for more space.

You don't think it could replace SFA's Hall Manor building? If their looking to improve Fright Fest for the future, this would be a good start. The old Skull Mountain station could easily be converted into an indoor haunted house. They could even extend the building to the further left; away from the ride for more space.

Not gonna happen because for the most part the new ride will be right next to wild one for the entire time....look at the video & you'll see that there's not even gonna be room for a path there.

Your right KDCOASTERFAN. That's pretty much going to eliminate the old station. I sure hope this ride does the magic trick in boosting attendance. Because if it doesn't I could see the company making this park going another extended period time with no new rides. Sense it's style is new to the DC area, it should grab attention it's first year. But as we have all discussed, it's one of the older B&M's so it's more of a simple course. After riding it a few times, it will get dull pretty quick.

That's just my opinion.

^ To us maybe, but to the million or so "local" gp, this could be a big boost for the park. Sure some of them have been elsewhere such as KD, HP, and GA, but this is in their backyard. They will eat this up tremendously. Hopefully this is the shot in the arm needed to get the park moving in a good direction for many years to come. The other parks around need the competition in order to feel a need to invest in other attractions as well. It only makes for a win - win situation for all involved!

^ To us maybe, but to the million or so "local" gp, this could be a big boost for the park. Sure some of them have been elsewhere such as KD, HP, and GA, but this is in their backyard. They will eat this up tremendously. Hopefully this is the shot in the arm needed to get the park moving in a good direction for many years to come. The other parks around need the competition in order to feel a need to invest in other attractions as well. It only makes for a win - win situation for all involved!

I hope so, because the marketing that they are doing for this ride is fantastic. With a name like Apocalypse, people may be expecting some sort of stellar ride. But when they get there, they see that's it's only 100 ft, 2 inversions and a few turns. I know SFA's crowd; people will start comparing it to KD's Dominator. And sense Dominator opened in 2008, that's 3 years of appeal it's had on DC, MD and Northern VA. Now I could see if they added both rides the same year. Then people would be just as impressed with Apocalypse, before they make the 2 hour drive to KD and notice that there B&M is more thrilling.

For all it's worth, I hope the crowd is impressed with Apocalypse.

Well now that they've taken care of the waterpark & family attractions over the last decade or so hopefully this will be the start of turning their attention to the thrillseekers once again,now they don't have to add a coaster next year or even in 2014 but some new flats to make up for what has been lost over the years would be a good start towards showing the GP that they're committed to improving this particular park.

When you let one aspect of the park languish & stagnate over long periods of time it sends the message to the GP that you're not interested in running it any longer...after all that's why I left after the 07 season as,from my POV(as a paying customer) the park's appeal really went downhill starting with the hyper driven focus on the waterpark.