TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Great pics.

I just don't understnad the warning sign : people that are not tall enough MAY not ride ??? this is kind of flexible term which means that maybe enough begging, tears and pressure will allow kids to ride it anyway ??? this is kind of new in Disney and good news for kids.

Great pics.

I just don't understnad the warning sign : people that are not tall enough MAY not ride ??? this is kind of flexible term which means that maybe enough begging, tears and pressure will allow kids to ride it anyway ??? this is kind of new in Disney and good news for kids.

The way its worded can be taken two different ways. Hmm.

Watch some loser lawyer tries to finagle stuff with their short kid getting on.

Well, I re-encoded it and instead of renaming it to .mov kept it to the plane old iPod friendly format. it worked within the broswer and save the target as in Windows XP. Sorry, didn't know what happened, you guys were right, it didn't work. But somehow I remember testing it a while back and it did then. PC's are WEIRD (its worked on my Mac the whole time).

Anywho. More pics later on tonight (of the train car). Email me if it works if you can folks, thanks.

J.

I don't know how the Mummy works in its track 'switching' but it took me a long time looking at pics over the months to figure out how EE does it.

See if I'm not on to something:

There are no 'switches' involved. Its rotation. The track spins in axis.

If you see an actual track photo, you'll realize that they can weld the exact same track underneath the main support beam.

An example of track:

Taking a look at some pics from Orlando Rocks, you can actually see two tracks welded one on top of each other to a large tubular steel beam.

Whoah.

See how the last pic you can see an upside down track bending out from underneath the straight (right side up) track?

'Twisted'

^ It's really an amazing rotation switch system they've created of this. And not just one, but two sets of this amazing track piece. And they're both synched together, in how the first and second train travel the tracks.

And you also get to see a tiny bit of how they had to weave and integrate together, three separate framework systems that couldn't touch each other. The two main frameings were the coaster structure and the mountain, itself. The third is what Yeti is sitting within, I have heard.

Good Disney stuff, heh heh

That's pretty clever. So it's more like the turntable on USF's Mummy, only using the track on a much, much bigger scale.

The turntables on both Mummy's are nothing more than a turntable. This is two different track sections flipped/rotated/whatever the heck you want to call it.