The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

The Great Escape to Add New Waterslide Complex for 2012!

Postby ernierocker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 am

Coming in 2012 – Alpine Freefalls at The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y., (September 1, 2011) – The Great Escape’s popular outdoor water park, Splashwater Kingdom goes big in 2012! The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom today announced plans to add Alpine Freefalls, a two level water slide complex set to open May 2012. The new attraction will boast the park’s first free fall speed slide with Skybox technology and the Northeast’s first of its kind mat racer.

Guests will face their biggest fears when they take on the double black diamond Cliffhanger water slide. Perched six stories high, riders will count to three before the floor drops from below, plunging them at speeds of up to 32 mph down an 80 degree drop into six inches of water. The plummet slide will complement the popular Tornado water slide, offering thrill seekers the ultimate water park adventure.

For those looking for a little competition, Twisted Racer is a four-story, four-lane race through enclosed tunnels, giving guests the chance to compete with friends and family at speeds of over 25 feet per second. Riders will race on mats through pretzel shaped tubes before opening up into a final drop and a straight shot to the finish line where each competitor’s time will be displayed on LED boards.

“Alpine Freefalls will offer our guests an extreme water ride experience combined with friendly competition,” said Don McCoy, President of The Six Flags Great Escape Properties. “We believe this multi-slide attraction will be a great enhancement to the water park and offer guests an attraction that is as fun to watch as it is to ride.” McCoy added, “From our coasters and shows, to our two children’s areas and free water park, there is no other theme park in the area that offers the tremendous amount of thrills we do for one price.”

More information about Alpine Freefalls will be released during a hard hat tour of the attraction’s construction site in the spring of 2012.

Splashwater Kingdom, including the all-new Alpine Freefalls is free with park admission or season pass. 2012 Season Passes are now on sale. Buy yours today for $49.99 and visit during the rest of the 2011 season, including Fright Fest, FREE. Also, when you purchase four or more season passes, get FREE parking for the 2012 season. Offer ends October 30, 2011.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 2010 revenue of nearly $1.0 billion and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Six Flags Over Texas, the company’s flagship location, is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2011.

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/alpinefreefalls/

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

ALPINEFFLOGO-485x290.jpg
Cliffhanger2-329x500.jpg
Skybox-50x50.jpg
TwistedRacer2-50x50.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:05 am.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: The Great Escape to Add New Waterslide Complex for 2012!

Postby gisco » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 am

I like the way you are put into a tube and the floor drops out. Being claustrophobic makes this a little exciting for me.

Jo My Oh!

Re: The Great Escape to Add New Waterslide Complex for 2012!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 am

I have ridden those slides at Great America. I will admit, they were scary the first time I rode them, but I will never go on them again. Mainly because the drop is scarier than any drop tower I have ever been on, and I know what will happen when the floor drops (instant freefall) so I don't mind skipping it.

The claustrophobia thing does happen in the capsules, it's very tormenting ;)

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm

This interesting piece of news from wnyt.com

Great Escape announces private-label wine
Submitted by Emma Levine
Monday, December 19th, 2011, 10:33am

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge has announced its own line of private-label wine produced by Adirondack Winery.

The wines will be sold exclusively at The Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park and will include Log Cabin Chardonnay, Rustic Merlot, Lodge Red (Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon), Blushing Escape (White Zinfandel) and Adirondack Strawsling (Stawberry Riesling).

“We are proud to show our support of locally-made products with the debut of this exclusive line of wines created for us by Adirondack Winery. We are confident that our guests will not only be pleased with the variety and uniqueness of these wines, but also their unequivocal quality,” said Eric Gilbert, general manager of The Lodge.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby ginzo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:08 pm

^Fortunately, the Adirondack Winery does not have a vineyard. Apparently, they source their grapes from California. Cold climate wine is nasty, nasty stuff.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Cold climate wine nasty? Ontario (Niagara) has AMAZING wines. And for a treat, our ice wine is great too! (If you like super-sweet wine)

I had my first visit to Great Escape this summer and thought it was a beautiful park. I may have to go back to this park and include a stay at the resort. If I do, I'll be sure to have a sampling of their new additions.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby djw44 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:03 pm

You should check out the Finger Lakes wine trails and the Erie-Chautauqua wine trails. They are great. Especially Hazlitt (Red Cat Wine) and Wagner's on the Finger lakes and Johnson Estate on the Erie Trail. Excellent wineries.

I'm as much of a Wine-o as a Coaster enthusiast =)

Other thing to remember is that many of the California wineries source their grape juice from New York vineyards. Especially in Erie because they supply to a bunch of different grape related companies. Welch's all comes from the Erie-Chautauqua region.

n8284416213_1225961_2122.jpg
Finger Lakes Heaven, Seneca is especially beautiful with great wineries
You may be, my lucky star! I'm the luckiest by far!

Postby ginzo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:25 pm

^Yeah, and the Rhine Valley looks great as well, but most of the wine I tasted from there was terrible. It's a bit cold there as well.

^^Does Canadian wine come in a bag like your milk?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby djw44 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Do me a favor and go to your Liquor store and buy Hazlitt Red Cat. You will be surprised. You can't dismiss all colder climate wines because of that. http://hazlitt1852.ewinerysolutions.com/index.cfm?method=plocations.showpage
You may be, my lucky star! I'm the luckiest by far!

Postby ginzo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:42 pm

^Do you have any suggestions of wines that are not sweet?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!