TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Oh my god. That looks awesome! But SFMM is getting too much stuff, they're probably not gonna get another new thing for years after building this...

Getting too much stuff....not getting another new thing for years?

Don't be too sure of that!

The new CEO did say he wants a new attraction at every park every year.

Edited by Tmcdllr

415 FEET IS VERY HIGH LOL!

This is the perfect addition!! I really like the fact that they are building it on the side of Superman - The Escape. It makes it that much more awesome. The side-by-side themes (Lex Luthor VS Superman) are a great concept. I can't wait to try it out even though I'll be SO scared on the way to the top.. It will totally be worth it I'm sure! Hahaha 415feet drop tower... I still can't believe it LOL...!!! AWESOME!!!

Many many years ago when I was running SFMMGuide.com (I don't think it's a shameless plug if the site isn't active anymore) I had heard a few rumors that the park was looking into to building on the side of Superman. What followed was a long (and painful) discussion about why the Superman tower could never support a drop ride. Apparently it can!

Truth be told, I'm not sure that I would be willing to climb aboard that thing. I do have a bit of a fear of heights and 415 feet is getting up there in terms of height.

I do wonder what the cost of doing this is. By that I mean, is it overall cheaper for the park to build onto the existing tower then it would be to simply build another structure. Honestly I really have no idea either way it does however make me curious.

A great use of the available space. Nice to see them "go big" once again for next year. I will be interested to see where they put the station and queque line, perhaps using the former monorail tunnel.

Can't they put a drop tower ON Superman: Escape from Krypton like on the Tower of Terror II?

The base towers for Superman and Tower of Terror are VERY different.

I knew it, I knew it. I knew they would "copy" Tower of Terror II again by putting a drop tower on it. Most thought that I was insane , though I saw this coming from far away.