TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

SFOG is in need of extras on Thursday, July 28 for a film shoot on Batman: the Ride and Mind Bender. If interested, send an e-mail to sfogpr@sixflags.com with a headshot, your name, address, age, phone # and e-mail. Only people ages 13-35 are needed. If chosen, you will be able to stay for free after the shoot and will receive an additional admission ticket.

Mention TPR in your e-mail and you will receive preference!

Can't wait for Deep South Bash in September. It's going to be amazing!

Yes, it is...

For the film shoot next week, we will also need extras for Goliath as well! So, you can get some early rides on (IMO) the best Schwarzkopf in the world, arguably the best B&M hyper and an awesome invert... not bad for FREE!

Six Flags Over Georgia has sent us a press release about their "bonus week" and their last few acts in the Starburst Summer Concert Series.

Six Flags Over Georgia today announced that it’s extending summer fun with additional operating days during a “Bonus Week” August 8 – 12. To add to the excitement, the popular STARBURST® Summer Concert Series concludes with three incredible concerts featuring We The Kings, Mike Posner and a host of stellar Christian music artists.

All concerts are FREE with park admission. Upcoming concerts include:

• Saturday, July 23 – We The Kings – This pop punk band from Florida released their debut album back in 2007. Since their start, they’ve been featured on the CBS Early Show, MTV’s Spring Break ’08, and Jimmy Kimmel Live. Following their Australian tour, the band announced their newest album will be released this summer.
  • Sunday, July 31 – Mike Posner – This American singer and songwriter has gained immense success since his start in 2009. His multi-platinum single, “Cooler than Me” has peaked at #6 on the U.S. Billboard Top 100. Posner has performed on several television shows including, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, America’s Got Talent, and Live with Regis and Kelly. His debut album, 31 Minutes to Takeoff, was released in 2010.
  • Saturday, August 6 – Back to School Christian Concert featuring Red, Leeland and Jonny Diaz – These Christian music artists have inspired the world through their passionate lyrics and incredible live performances. As Christian rock bands, both Red and Leeland have been nominated for GRAMMY® awards and Jonny Diaz’s hit single “More Beautiful You” has appeared on several Billboard magazine charts.

All concerts will take place at the Southern Star Amphitheater.

Six Flags White Water in Marietta will also open its gates for a “Bonus Week” August 8 – 12.

Six Flags Over Georgia is open daily through August 14. The park resumes weekend operation through October 30. For more information, including operating dates and hours, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if a SFOG regular can tell me anything about this Dare Devil Dive pen? It's made of wood and came in a nice wood box. Is this something that can be purchased in the park or did it have a more limited distribution than that? It was given to me as a gift and will make a nice addition to my memorabilia collection, but I'd just like to know a little bit more about it.

SFOG_DDDC_pen.thumb.jpg.d7d407a39b406056b4440ad92b039e93.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Six Flags Over Georgia Announces Plans to Introduce Six New Shows in 2012

Park offers incredible season pass deal in preparation for 45th anniversary season

Six Flags Over Georgia today announced that it will celebrate its 45th anniversary by introducing six new shows during the 2012 season. An exciting array of new shows will light up venues across the park, including an all-new outdoor experience that will highlight the park’s storied history since its opening in 1967.

Two thrilling new productions will debut inside the Crystal Pistol Music Hall, including an illuminated dance show with stunning visual effects. Other shows include the return of “We Got the Beat” in the BUGS BUNNY World Theater, a new 60’s-inspired dance show in the U.S.A. section of the park and the return of a fan favorite show during Fright Fest 2012.

“We are excited to celebrate our park’s 45th season with even more live entertainment for our guests,” said Melinda Ashcraft, park president. “With our thrilling roller coasters, family rides and water attractions, these all-new shows are the perfect complements and will truly make Six Flags Over Georgia an exceptional vacation destination in 2012.”

To kick off the excitement for next season, the park is launching an incredible deal on 2012 season passes by rolling out a “Buy 3, get 1 FREE” promotion plus FREE season parking if the passes are purchased and processed by November 5, 2011. Season passes may be purchased online at sixflags.com or at the park. A season pass includes unlimited visits for the 2012 season, the remainder of 2011 including Fright Fest, free visits for friends and in-park coupons valued at more than $300.

Six Flags Over Georgia is currently open weekends-only through October 30, 2011. The park is scheduled to open for the 2012 season on Saturday, March 17.

news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/sixshows/

I was wondering if a SFOG regular can tell me anything about this Dare Devil Dive pen? It's made of wood and came in a nice wood box. Is this something that can be purchased in the park or did it have a more limited distribution than that? It was given to me as a gift and will make a nice addition to my memorabilia collection, but I'd just like to know a little bit more about it.

Wholly crap where did you get that?!?!? You know what is was probably from the little air conditioned store that's the first one on your right when you enter the park. It looks like something they would sell there. Or mybe it's a promotional thing and they were selling them or handing them out on ddd opening day. It would make more sense if the pen and case were made of metal instead of woob because it's not a wooden coaster but that's ok.

Wholly crap where did you get that?!?!? You know what is was probably from the little air conditioned store that's the first one on your right when you enter the park. It looks like something they would sell there. Or mybe it's a promotional thing and they were selling them or handing them out on ddd opening day. It would make more sense if the pen and case were made of metal instead of woob because it's not a wooden coaster but that's ok.

It was one of the gifts we got from the park president, Melinda Ashcraft, and her staff when we were visiting SFOG in July. It's really a unique item and I like it a lot. I'd just like to know the backstory on it. Has anyone ever seen one of these in any of their stores before? I'm kind of hoping that it was perhaps a limited item that they received from Gerstlauer for buying the coaster. That would make a great story.

It was one of the gifts we got from the park president, Melinda Ashcraft, and her staff when we were visiting SFOG in July. It's really a unique item and I like it a lot. I'd just like to know the backstory on it. Has anyone ever seen one of these in any of their stores before? I'm kind of hoping that it was perhaps a limited item that they received from Gerstlauer for buying the coaster. That would make a great story.

Unfortunately there is not a great "backstory" to these... we had some nice DDD promotional items made for our Park President to give out to special guests and clients. We also had some cool DDD watches made (might see some of these things floating around during the Deep South Bash)!