TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I didn't read the article, so how is it going to get up that hill? Surely it isn't a spiral chain lift, and it doesn't seem like there's enough room for a launch, so.......?

I was thinking the same thing...then thought if they were using LSMs they could run up and down the curves on either end a bit, maybe start with a bit of a rocking action. Then looking back at the picture, you can actually see them in the track up the first curve into the second square of the supports. Still pretty short, could be a strong launch!

Looks like a fun little ride, but I've got to wonder what the capacity is like on this thing. If it only has the single train, it could be a nightmare unless you ride first thing. I can't imagine the ride has more than two, and even then it probably would have less capacity than Pandemonium. However, it is a decent enough ride that I'm now planning a visit here next summer (hoping I can make Bay Area Bash for once).

I'm more interested in this crazy looking ride then I am for the wingrider SFGAM is getting, that loop looks like It's going to pull some major gs and those twist on the way up and down looks nuts! This may be low capacity but it looks like its going to be worth the wait imo.

Wow, it's so simple, yet it looks friggin awesome!

I love how so many of these new coasters suggest that designers are thinking outside of the box, and I'm also liking how the smaller, more compact coasters, are seemingly more intense (in some cases) than the massive record-breaking ones.

Wow. If this ends up being the coaster they announce then I'm definitely going to SFDK next year. This will fit well with the Sky themed area of the park. My only concern would be after the loop does it come straight into a halt at the station or is there more track behind the station that I can't see. It would be a shame to waste the momentum occurred after the loop. Also capacity will be an issue as it looks like only two train operation with very few seats per train (8?) will be possible unless a bunch of trains are stacked in the station.

Was not expecting this, and when I read SFDK got a launched coaster, I assumed it was a clone of the mini Mr. Freeze built in Indonesia. This looks amazing, and totally messed up. I 'm not sure of the capacity though, because if they only run one car like the other X-Car coasters, I see this having really long lines. Great to see a concept coaster get built, and especially one that will grab people's attention due to it looking like one you'd see in a cartoon.

I've ridden Skywheel at Skyline Park.

http://rcdb.com/2773.htm?p=26221

Definitely an interesting ride. The hangtime after the lifthill was insane. The one in SFDK is a launch though.

When the train finished the circuit, it kept on going back and forth for awhile. I didn't particularly like the going back but it sure as hell added a nice extra touch to this ride.

Because of that, the capacity was horrible.