TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

This is a short version of the commercial, which wasn't supposed to be leaked, and it doesn't display all of Lady Luck's... uhm... character. She certainly isn't my favorite icon, but there's more to her than what you've seen so far.

383036574.jpg.d1f23f4596b7678c79d150ccfc3085ed.jpg

She's waiting...

Hey all.

I was thinking about getting the HHN Rush of Fear pass with the express access. Does the express access give you one express entry to each attraction for every night that you attend using the Rush of Fear pass? Or is it only available to use once in total for each house? Cheers.

Bought my HHN FFP pass today, This will be my 3rd year attending, can't wait! My g/f got a job coordinating for houses and scare zones...It gives me a reason to visit more this year The recent pictures look amazing, but I'm sure after these next few days we shall have more to talk about. Would I be getting my hopes up if I was wishing for the Rocky Tribute again

I believe Lady Luck is actually Fergie without make-up.

There's some speculation on Screamscape about the maze themes, aside from the announced Thing maze, they speculate that there will be a Poe Maze, Spooky Cemetery, WW1 Hospital. Holiday Horror, Saws and Steam, Runes, and a Spanish Ghost Ship. It will be interesting to see what they do, I'm not going this year and I was non-plussed by last years effort.

Would I be getting my hopes up if I was wishing for the Rocky Tribute again

Yep. It's not returning.

I believe Lady Luck is actually Fergie without make-up.

There's some speculation on Screamscape about the maze themes, aside from the announced Thing maze, they speculate that there will be a Poe Maze, Spooky Cemetery, WW1 Hospital. Holiday Horror, Saws and Steam, Runes, and a Spanish Ghost Ship.

This is pretty accurate. Also, one of the houses is 3-D.

It will be interesting to see what they do, I'm not going this year and I was non-plussed by last years effort.

I personally enjoyed last year's offerings, despite the inclusion of stale past characters, but I think this year has more potential. It's all about execution at this point.

^I guess my comparison point was HHN Hollywood where they are so agressive, and the mazes there really emphasise the scares and have big endings. The mazes in Orlando seemed to just peter out by comparison, but I guess they were going more for spooky rather than terror. To their credit the set designs were amazing in Orlando, especially Legendary Truth, Shadybrook and Hades.

I'm bummed I missed the Frankenstein, Dracula, and Wolfman mazes in 2009, they sounded awesome.

Here is the full list of houses, scarezones and shows!

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/index.html#homepage

Houses

1. The Thing - Paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers in an isolated Antarctic outpost as they're infected, one by one, by a horrifying creature from another planet.

2. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - The madness of Edgar Allen Poe's greatest works has come to life, taking you deeper and deeper towards the brink of insanity.

3. The Inbetween - An ominous portal reveals another dimension where all is not what it seems; a realm where our world and another collide. Watch out, your eyes will deceive you.

4. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - As snow falls on this normally serene gothic cemetery, the deceased souls that occupy its confines come out to prey.

5. The Forsaken - Four ships began Columbus' fateful voyage. Yet, only three ships became legend. What befell the mutinous 4th crew? They were condemned to a watery grave.

6. Nightingales: Blood Prey - Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and the helpless.

7. Saws n' Steam: Into the Machine - Spinning blades and massive, crushing pistons await you around every corner as you are forced deeper into the bowels of a mechanical nightmare where the steam comes from a sinister source.

8. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - Join creature feature host, H.R. Bloodengutz, in his final televised broadcast as he presents a holiday SCARE-athon guaranteed to cleave you screaming for more.

Scarezones

1. Acid Assualt - For decades now the city has been degrading from the effects of acid rain that still falls today. Those that have lived and survived the blistering decay are all alson in the city. Survivors have stripped the city of all life to sustain their own...dare to enter the Acid Assault!

2. Canyon of Dark Souls - Upon entering into the canyon of dark souls, you will feel like a small spec of humanity as the overwhelming sense of death surrounds you. Creatures that dwell within the canyon are not welcoming so walk slowly as to not disturb them!

3. Grown Evil - Enter, if you dare, into our garden where evil grows. Nature has taken this once well manicured sanctuary back from the buhams who once kept it. Now the creatures that inhabit the garden are making any human that enters their pray!!!

4. 7 - As daylight shines upon our temptresses, their appearance, through evil, allows you the spectacle of beauty. As night falls, these 7 temptresses will show their true colors and take on their true fatal evil forms! Beware of your own temptations.

5. Nightmaze - Journey through the ever changing maze of darkness! This all black maze will morph and change as you walk through it!!! You will not be scared the same way twice!

6. Your Luck Has Run Out - Enter if you dare into teh lair of the lucky! Your choices will determine if you make it out alive! Witness lucks deadly wrath, will she choose you to be her next victim?!

Shows

1. Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure - Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.

2. Death Drums - A seductive, hard-hitting and raw, extreme drumming experience is revealed at Halloween Horror Nights 21! don't just see 1 show as there are 3 different shows nightly. Make the choice and experience Death Drums!

halloween-horror-nights-21.jpg.1cb9c13020af5239286d41bef697d5b5.jpg

image_592_lady_luck_release_high.thumb.jpg.1ee323ea99707011adbaf417dcea907f.jpg

Lady Luck Reigns at Halloween Horror Nights 21

Edited by CTU Agent

Meh... Hollywood's sounds better IMO. Ha... I didn't realize, but if you count the terror tram as a maze you guys only have one more than us. Kinda curious to see where the REALLY COLORFUL demon pics are part of though. Also kinda surprised none of this seems to have to do with chance... but I could be wrong.

^Can you say where each maze will be located.

Winter's Night -- Soundstage 22

The Thing & Nightingales -- Soundstage 23

The Forsaken -- Parade Building

The Inbetween -- Sprung 1

Nevermore -- Sprung 2

Saws n' Steam -- Jaws queue

Holidays of Horror -- Disaster! queue

if you count the terror tram as a maze you guys only have one more than us.

I don't think it's comparable.

Kinda curious to see where the REALLY COLORFUL demon pics are part of though.

The Inbetween. A 3-D house.