TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

So far, this is all I know, taken from Screamscape:

The latest rumors seem to indicate that SFDK will add another ride to the park in 2012. Unfortunately, I’ve also heard that it wont be the large new coaster follow-up to Medusa that everyone has been waiting forever for. Instead expect some kind of small to medium sized attraction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at BaB during the Q&A didn't they say something along the lines of "Robb will definitely be here next year" hinting at a larger attraction. I might be wrong..thought I saw that somewhere. Plus, if they're one of the first park to be teasing their addition, could be something pretty sizable.

^ They did say something like that, but I saw for as a "Robb couldn't make it this year so he should come next year" kind of thing. As for the rumor, if it's something small/ medium , I would really like to see a Zierer Tower Launch coaster like Wicked at Lagoon. It make not look like much, but there's quite a bit of airtime, an awesome launch, plenty of hang time, and Dual loading for a quicker line! I think one would be a very nice fit into the park.

EDIT: I also noticed that teaser could also fit the description of some kind of new show, maybe an animal show?

I think a Skyloop would be cool, but they do have VERY low capacity, so if it would be pandemonium's replacement, It wouldn't make sense to replace a low capacity ride with another, but with six flags, you never know! I think a tower launch or another Schwarzkopf would be cool, correct me if im wrong, there is one of these for sale, and it looks like it could fit in pandemonium's old space:

LS.png.a79cf704cc7fa43beff32e57bc990dd8.png

Mmmmmm Schwarzkopf!!

Why not just have something load or unload within that area and extend the layout so that it's over the lake between the parking lot and the park? I'm not sure if that would require working around any existing attractions but that's a decent amount of space. I understand that they used to have a show there, is that still true? Also, do they own any of the lake behind the park as well? All I know is that I haven't been to this park since 2007 despite living less than an hour away so please give me a reason to get back over there!

It's probably going to be an old ride relocated from another park.

On what evidence? Iron Wolf and Deja Vu are the only two coasters that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom could possibly get this season. Deja Vu is on its way to Six Flags New England, and Iron Wolf could very well possibly be scrapped.

I wonder if "over-the-top" is meant to be taken in a literal sense (as "upside-down" might). I may be overthinking, but to me that suggests a Euro-Fighter.

That's interesting, actually. It could be a good marketing tool for them, "steepest drop on the west coast". Dare Devil Dive.

I said it many times before, but I'll say it again; Replace a Gertslauer with a Gertslauer.

I'm guessing a Eurofighter.

That area of the park wasn't exacty the best place for a "family friendly" coaster with the other three major rides being high thrill coasters and GoKarts. (there also is a small kiddie flat added around '05 I believe) The concrete plot that used to be Zonga is big enough for a compact Eurofighter.

The park itself has expressed that there are more than enough family rides (I believe the number is in the high 20s) , so one small family coaster won't be that big of a deal.

However, the addition of a Eurofighter with their iconic lift hill towers and swooping elements (along /w the steepest drop record mentioned above) it would be a really great way to attract more crowds into the park. While SFDK has focused heavily on families in recent years (which I am very happy about) it seems to be time for the park to add a new major thrill ride into the mix.

With the last major coaster addition being V2, I can see this happening.

^ As much is I would like to see something like wicked at lagoon or a Schwarzkopf, I have to agree. I think a Euro Fighter is the most logical thing to go there, but the thing only is, I know that SFDK has many family friendly flat rides, but they DON'T have many family coasters, only Pandemonium, Cobra, and Roadrunner. I guess you could call Roar a family ride but it might a bit to wily for some. But really, I think this park is ready for a thrill ride.

Edited by Andrewoplis