TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

^ Think about it this way, Iron Wolf is 20 years old now, Pandemonium, only three years old. When I went to SFGA last month, Iron Wolf always has a short, if not no line at all. But Pandemonium's line is usually at the end of the old Zonga station at the peak. Its like you said, why would they take out such a popular ride?

A few more hints were dropped during the Q&A at Bay Area Bash today...

They were dropping very... unclear hints....

Stop talking about Mexico, we don't like you to talk about it.

Pandamonium was rumored to be heading to Six Flags Mexico... If you look closely at Pandamonium's lot, the ride itself could easily be removed....it's basically just bolted to a concrete slab left over from Zonga...

Robb will DEFINIETLY be here next year...

Not so subtle hint that a coaster is on way?

Maybe that Flyer or Eurofighter is on the way...?

They also mentioned that they had plans for the future involving the Motion Simulator....

Apparently all SF announcements will be made in Spetember... It can't come quick enough!

Some people read waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much into comments... This is how rumors get started As he said wait till the park tells you whats up... It should be when they start selling the next seasons passes so they can entice people in if I didn't mishear him Although if I'm not mistaken he was trying to share his observations on park industry functions... not sell season passes

PLUS how could Robb not come when we all sent him so much love

All in all it was a very nice relaxed day. I wasn't surprised by the crowds as it was Saturday, but I was able to ride a good amount of rides as the staff was doing an awesome job. Loved the enthusiasm I saw by the majority... if not all of the employees.

I would love it if Six Flags would allow Discovery Kingdom to REALLY step up an already awesome park to show us something cool, but one can only hope. I would also like to thank Robb & Elissa for getting this organized while your off on another crazy trip adventure! Nothing, but gratitude and respect for your insane efforts!

Just wondering, what was the context of this? It's worded a little oddly in that it could mean, don't talk about SFM because we want the rumor to stop, or, don't talk about SFM Mexico because we're upset we have to give them our newest coaster.

With the motion simulator..how big is the building? Didn't SFGADv completely gut out their 3D theater, I believe, for the promised 5D attraction? Could that be heading to SFDK instead?

Just wondering, what was the context of this? It's worded a little oddly in that it could mean, don't talk about SFM because we want the rumor to stop, or, don't talk about SFM Mexico because we're upset we have to give them our newest coaster.

With the motion simulator..how big is the building? Didn't SFGADv completely gut out their 3D theater, I believe, for the promised 5D attraction? Could that be heading to SFDK instead?

The buliding is pretty big and im guessing it had around at least 75 seats or more. There were only like 4 rows but each row had at least 20 seats. However I haven't been in there in years not since I think 2006. Anyways I just want a 3D motion ride again, or something to be done with that plot of land. (I always liked 7th portal when it was at CGA. Though something new would be better. Just don't let it be as bad as Stargate was.

Yeah I agree Roar is rough & very LOUD this year. The Grizzly is better than Roar! But a couple years ago I had a good ride on Roar. However Kong I had a very nice ride! Serious! No ear or head banging. I was shocked! It was the yellow train 6th seat. Skyscreamer was closed when I was there 8/4/11. I would recommend the Dolphin swim to anyone. It's a little pricy but well worth it to do it at least once. There are 4 people to a group for the swim part. You get to rub the dolphin's back, belly & bellybutton, hug & kiss right on the lips, & do a very quick ride. You get a free souviner picture. I hope to do it again next year. & Oh if you want to get drenched by Shouka sit on the right-not far right but next section in 2nd row from the front in the splash zone. I got drenched twice & a little salt water in my mouth but I wanted to get drenched. I think that's the best seat.

Wow it's been a while since I've trolled this thread. I'm sorry I wasn't there to see and meet you all at the Bash. Sky Screamer IS operational. If you guys happen to be around the park don't be afraid to stop me and say hi! I'm never to busy in park to chat with fellow TPR members Happy Coasting!

Though this topic's a bit old (ad plastering), I thought I would share this as a fellow TPR member and I were talking about Six Flags and their heavy use of ads. I thought "Hey, what if they plastered ads on their whale? Could this be the next form of advertising?" So here it went!

1056215435_ShoukaWrap.jpg.514a8fecedcd9073ae03d7f00fae5b79.jpg

Yes, I really have nothing else to do tonight other than make useless photos :)