Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 939 - Copperhead Strike Testing Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

Mr. Starr wrote:Next to the code is also a series of writings/drawings, including "O&W Wright" (Wright Brothers), "Flying Machine", and "Application Filed March 23rd, 1903". (The day the Wright Brothers filed their patent)

Definitely a more cryptic approach to teasing, but I'm curious as to where all this will lead!

Windseeker since carowinds already has a vekoma flyer.

Turns out I may be able to visit carowinds since we've got some family business to take care of down there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN) today announced it has purchased 61 acres of land adjacent to the Company's Carowinds amusement park located in Charlotte, NC. This land acquisition will enable the Company to achieve future development and expansion of the facility.

"We are thrilled about the growth opportunities this land will provide for future development of Carowinds, as well as the increased beneficial economic it will have on both Mecklenburg and York counties," said Matt Ouimet, Cedar Fair's President. "We believe strongly in Carowinds' potential and its excellent opportunities for continued growth in the coming years. Since 2006, we have invested more than $45 million in new rides and attractions, which clearly demonstrates Cedar Fair's commitment to this leading park's future. This land acquisition will allow us to continue to develop this facility to its full potential."

Recognized as one of the largest regional amusement parks in the Southeast United States, Carowinds features more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, including 13 world-class roller coasters, a 20-acre water park and an on-site 55-acre campground. New for 2011 was Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, a 3-acre night-time light and sound experience featuring Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang.

About Cedar Fair

Cedar Fair is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio, and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, six outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. Amusement parks in the Company's northern region include two in Ohio: Cedar Point, consistently voted "Best Amusement Park in the World" in Amusement Today polls, and Kings Island; as well as Canada's Wonderland, near Toronto; Dorney Park, PA; Valleyfair, MN; and Michigan's Adventure, MI. In the southern region are Kings Dominion, VA; Carowinds, NC; and Worlds of Fun, MO. Western parks in California include: Knott's Berry Farm; California's Great America; and Gilroy Gardens, which is managed under contract.

Link

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

^Wow, 61 acres is quite a chunk of property. Wonder if it's the area behind Boomerang Bay or the area behind Hurler. Won't be surprised if they decide to do a Castaway Bay type resort hotel since they already have the campground or maybe a relocation of the water park.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby TheSchwitek » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Here is the next clue.
A2.jpg
QR1.jpg

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby TheSchwitek » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Well I googled "Mouthless mutters" and found it to be from this riddle from The Hobbit:
"Voiceless it cries wingless flutters toothless bites mouthles mutters?"
The answer to the riddle is, The Wind. So maybe a Windseeker for Carowinds?

This is definitely the riddle it is refering to. After playing with the web address, you will see there are 3 others that all confirm this riddle. So the answer is WIND.
TB.jpg
VC.jpg
WF.jpg

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby FrightFest1408 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

This sounds interesting! :|

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RTGeary » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Overall Carowinds is one of the more enjoyable parks out there. Being a Disney nut I need to be weened off the Disney Crack pipe and ride some more thrilling things out there. Carowinds offers a lot of different coasters and was enjoyable for something new. It was also convenient since I attend college in North Carolina.

Found it ironic however that at the Entrance to carowinds i found a Magic Kingdom park map stuck to my foot. It follows me... :lmao:
Yeah I've riden 32 coasters, be jealous.
(8 wooden, 24 steels)

Takes Disney too seriously.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CarolinaCoasterFreak » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 pm

This is great news for the expansion of the park and the new ride addition coming next year! And from the clues, I would definitely say windseeker also. Although I was really hoping for a giant frisbee.
With Carowinds being my home park, The 61 acres I think they are talking about would be the area back of the hurler, adjacent to the campground, around to where the Rv's and buses park. Interesting to see how they will expand. Definitely pumped up about it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 am

Windseeker.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 am

RTGeary wrote:Overall Carowinds is one of the more enjoyable parks out there. Being a Disney nut I need to be weened off the Disney Crack pipe and ride some more thrilling things out there. Carowinds offers a lot of different coasters and was enjoyable for something new. It was also convenient since I attend college in North Carolina.

Found it ironic however that at the Entrance to carowinds i found a Magic Kingdom park map stuck to my foot. It follows me... :lmao:

I too enjoy Carowinds especially Intimidator! :b :roll: Check the bottom of your foot. That may not be the only thing stuck to it. :?r
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!