Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: A stroll through Howl-o-Scream 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby CardCraze » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm

BG Noeit Al wrote: anything in Festhaus Park i probably not going to happen EXCEPT for the Drachen Fire Queue Building. I say that because that building is right at the entrance and exit of FHP and they would not have to "cover up" the area with walls and such for coaster construction or at least not as much. Also, it would be a big pain and hassle to find a way to get to the other building and back while completely ignoring the construction going on. You could also probably put a small maze in the Black Forest Picnic area. I could see something like Cursed fitting there, weaving in and out of structures.

We were told during "TPR day at Busch Gardens" that they have access to the Festhaus Park for HOS.
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby DLDude » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:20 am

I don't know if anyone remembers the huge Griffon model that used to be in the gift shop (or the smaller Alpie one), but they are both for sale on CoasterDynamix's website. http://www.coasterdynamix.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=13&Itemid=54

Coool Stuffs

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 am

^ Don't think that's the same one as in the gift shop. The Gift Shop one was so poorly designed it only had that one immelmann loop and that was it because it slowed so much haha. This one looks way better. But it said it used to be on display, hmmm maybe I'm thinking of a different gift shop in the park.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby DLDude » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:12 am

When girffon first opened it was in the gift shop. Those smaller models were displays of the Griffon kit you could get. This was a custom-made HUGE model.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 am

Both models were set up inside the park.

The Alpengeist one was located in the gift shop close to DarKastle and the Griffon one was located at the main gift shop across from Globe Theater.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby BG Noeit Al » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

I remember the models! I also remembered that sometimes when they went to close up and turn them off they would sometimes turn them off wrongly and the train would get stuck in some other part of the model and it wouldn't be running the next day. I always thought they were cool, I remember that one never looked like an exact copy of the coaster though.

Construction going on behind the San Marco Theater Thursday and Friday this week. So please don't clog the walkways so team members can get thru to where they have to go, just saying.

I haven't seen them working on Mach Tower late at night anymore which is probably a good thing. The new coaster still has land clearing going. Things seem to be pretty stale, nothing new is happening. Mach Tower is still be worked on, the new coaster still has a huge hole.

Howl-o-Scream sounds like it will be 13X scarier this year. Pompeii is getting revamped, they gutted it out completely and are basically rebuilding it. If FHP is being used then, I can only imagine one house back there, but if they do it right, maybe they can fit in two or three. You can squeeze a few in there real tight. I am excited to see EIA go and another maze in there. To be honest, Cavern of Darkness will always be my favorite maze at Busch because it was the only maze that I went through that I was scared the most. I think they did a really good job with the goblin in caves theme. Bitten and Hunted were just over-hyped. They were good but not that good. Harvest Hollow was really good, if you went alone early. I remember being one of the first people through Harvest Hollow one day and I was by myself. It was one of the scariest things ever. I thought I was about to get hit by a guy jumping off a haystack from behind a cornstalk. Then the one guy with his huge head mask was like blocking my way and I had to actually run through part of it. Excellent, but then I remember going through when it was crowded and it lost all that scare.

ANYWAY - Mazes:
Ireland (Europe in the Air Queue) - Possible maze, maybe something like the first maze in this location.
France (The Royal Palace Theater) - So far, I can only assume Catacombs is coming back, but nothing has been heard about it.
Oktoberfest (Festhaus Park) - I am assuming we can count on one or two things here if all goes well with construction.
Festa Italia (Behind Roman Rapids) - As far as I have heard and seen, Cursed is gutted and not coming back and nothing seems to be replacing it.
Pompeii - We can expect a revamped Pompeii maze.

Scarezones:

Festa Italia - Clowns are most likely coming back, not 100% sure just yet.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am

Just got an email about Howl-O-Scream 2011, the theme this year is :

The Dark Side of the Gardens: Fear Grows Here.

They have already launched the website:

http://www.howloscream.com/Williamsburg/homepage.aspx

Not much on the website yet.

Postby BG Noeit Al » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh my gosh!!! I just jumped for joy litterally when I saw the new site for HoS!!!!! I am so excited, reminds me a little of Alice in Wonderland, doesn't it? Like a scary dark side of a Tim Burton created Wonderland?

EDIT - UPDATE -

This is all CONFIRMED info from the new site!
Anyone ready for the dark side of the gardens?

Scarezones -

Widow Makers (New France) - Venture deep into the woods of New France, where a solitary logging camp is ensnared by a killer clan of enormous venomous spiders. The loggers are fighting back with their sharpest blades, but these angry arachnids are bent on destruction—and they’re ready to capture anyone who wanders into their wicked web of terror. So watch your step. If you’re not careful, you could be tangled forever in the spiders’ deadly trap. ***Basically, spiders are moving to New France.***

Shows -

Monster Stomp Revamped (Abbeystone Theater, Ireland) - Experience the revamping of a classic – vampires have come to the monster stomp party, and they are dying to have a good time. Witches, mummies, skeletons and beasts join them in Busch Gardens’ high-powered musical “rockstravaganza.” This show contains adult themes. Parental supervision is advised.

That is all the confirmed info so far that came straight for the NEW UPDATED Howl-o-Scream site! Check it out guys.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:38 pm

I was overjoyed when I saw the site!

Keeping us in suspense though, only announcing one scare zone.

Spiders... god... I hate spiders!

Glad to see Monster Stomp Revamped back, it was a good show last year!

Other than that I'll be staying tuned to see what new haunted houses are this year! Hoping for some new mazes, as the past few years have seemed to be recycled almost. We already know at least one new maze is taking place in the "Europe in the Air" Queue!
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Postby BG Noeit Al » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Has anyone actually at least think they know what the numbers will be? I am not sure, but I might have solved it, but I am going to try some more math magic to see what comes up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!