Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Downtown Disney Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 am

That would be a bummer if House of Blues left--always thought it was the best of the "Hollywood" type chain restaurants (the others being the Hard Rock Cafe and the wretched Planet Hollywood).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby abstruse » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:07 am

Why would they get rid of House of Blues? It makes such good business, it seems. Pity. I've always loved the venue.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:32 am

^
(11/22/10) A Screamscape source tells me that along with the introduction of the Hyperion Wharf concept to Downtown Disney, there are also plans in the works to add a small trolley system to run along the lengthy complex, very similar to what is being added to the California Adventure park.
There are likely to be a few other changes as well down at the West End. I’m hearing that House of Blues may be planning to leave Disney property entirely in the future, in favor of setting themselves up off-site in a new location. If this happens, look for Harley Davidson to move into the former HOB digs. Meanwhile the Mouse has plans in the works for the nearby Virgin Megastore building that would see it redesigned as a cluster of smaller high-end shops. I’m also being told that Cirque is currently planning a whole new show to eventually replace the long running La Nouba show in 2013, around the same time as the rest of Hyperion Wharf, taking advantage of it as the right time to relaunch themselves along with the rest of Downtown Disney.

Well, just based on this little information (which is only a rumor as of now), it sounds as if HOB is the one wanting to relocate. I may be wrong, but sometimes we just never know the underlying circumstances for why things happen.....especially if something appears to be making money.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby abstruse » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:35 am

Oh, true. I never figured that it could be the other way around, instead of Disney to rid of House of Blues. Good eye.

Also, I figure there has to be some reason. Y'know? Instead of just removing parts unnecessarily. I would love to know the reason, haha. But eh, just a preference.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:05 am

I have gone ahead and added two previously unreleased pieces of concept art for the new Hyperion Wharf district to the original announcement post.

Not to create false hope, but the first of the two new images holds a small glimpse of a white building next to Paradiso 37. Based on the concept art alone (and we know how different things could turn out in real life), many are drawing the conclusion that this building is the former Adventurer's Club. Again, based on the concept art, the building looks to be the same, but I'm certainly not holding my breath on this one.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 am

jray21 wrote:Absolutely!!! Themed desserts and burgers! More food is always better than almost anything else! ;)

I'd rather have good food than another themed Rainforest Cafe/Planet Hollywood type place.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Here are some short videos of what I miss the most about pleasure island.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

And.

But most of all, I miss manaquins.

341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:38 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/curtain-rises-on-amc-dine-in-theatres-at-downtown-disney/

We have an exciting announcement today for those of you who frequent Downtown Disney. The AMC Downtown Disney 24 movie theater has transformed a section of their property into AMC Dine-In Theatres – special theaters that combine the concept of “dinner and a movie” into a spectacular new in-theater dining experience.

Six theaters in the complex have undergone this transformation and now feature cozy seating and table-top dining. The experience includes reserved seating, table-top dining, and a personal notification button that can be used to quietly call your server at any time during the movie. These theaters also offer an extensive menu that includes appetizers, entrees – like quesadillas, burgers, and flatbread pizzas – desserts, movie theater candy, and more. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages also are available.

I was lucky enough to test this new offering out during a preview last week, and I have to say it really redefined “dinner and a movie” for my husband and I. We no longer had to worry about battling busy restaurants and rushing through our meal in order to make it to the theater in time to snag some great seats. The new dine-in theater experience took care of all of that for us and saved a ton of time.

Ticket prices to see films in AMC Dine-In Theatres range from $6-13, depending on the day of the week and the showtime. Menu items start at $6.59-8.99 for appetizers, and $8.59-11.59 for entrees.
5726715233_e299d9c488_o.jpg
5726715185_d03513e3f1_o.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:09 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/downtown-disney-update/

In November, we shared plans to re-imagine Pleasure Island and bring other new and compelling experiences to life at Downtown Disney. Today, we’d like to update you on our progress.

First, we’re excited that some of the new experiences we announced are already becoming favorites, like the newly expanded LEGO Imagination Center and AMC’s first Dine-In Theatre in Florida. The great news is there is more on the way.

Recently, Orlando Harley-Davidson opened its newly expanded 3,635-square-foot store at Downtown Disney West Side. The largest and most interactive Harley merchandise store of its kind, it draws guests in with a 40-foot tower and massive LCD/LED screens showing specially produced footage of motorcycles in action. Guests are also able to see and sit on some of the latest Harley-Davidson motorcycles and a brand new production studio lets guests be pictured in their favorite riding spot or transformed into real bikers. Guests can even design biker vests of their own.

Later this summer, Apricot Lane Boutique, a specialty retail store that offers celebrity-inspired branded apparel, affordable fashion jewelry, handbags and accessories, will open in the space the Harley-Davidson store previously occupied on Pleasure Island.

This fall, construction will begin on Splitsville, a 50,000-square-foot upscale entertainment center that combines bowling with billiards, dining, music and nightlife. To make way for this experience, RIDEMAKERZ, currently located on the West Side, will move to the Marketplace.

Over on Pleasure Island, we’ve completed removing some of the buildings that aren’t part of our future plans. During the course of this site work, we identified opportunities to further refine our master plan and are pausing to evaluate them. What does this mean for you? While we’re moving quickly, it will admittedly cause a delay in construction.

But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Downtown Disney!
dda013939LARGE.jpg
dda029393LARGE.jpg

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 am

^ The Dude abides.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!