Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jay20016 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm

The two trains have been at Scorpion for a few weeks now, but even still I've yet to see them both on the track at once.

If anyone has the chance, I completely recommend checking out Cheetah Hunt at night as it definitely takes things up a notch. It is a good coaster in the daytime, but was a damn fun one at night - especially in the old Rhino Rally section.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm

^ Yeah I'm really anxious to ride Cheetah Hunt at night. It's already a run ride, but looks to be even more awesome after dark. Hopefully next weekend crowds won't be as bad as this past one (due to the holiday, of course).

And I forgot to mention in my other post that's great news about Rhino Rally getting an expansion! I remember hearing rumblings about that before Cheetah Hunt opened. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:21 am

aimster wrote:^ Yeah I'm really anxious to ride Cheetah Hunt at night. It's already a run ride, but looks to be even more awesome after dark. Hopefully next weekend crowds won't be as bad as this past one (due to the holiday, of course).

And I forgot to mention in my other post that's great news about Rhino Rally getting an expansion! I remember hearing rumblings about that before Cheetah Hunt opened. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I'm interested if they are not already working on it as across the path from the elephant exhibit there is a rather large section being excavated. It is the old elephant enclosure, that then became a spot for camels... then nothing... then camels... then random other stuff, and then camels again. :D

I was at the park yesterday (5th of July) and while it was busier than normal, it wasn't too outlandish, 3 trains on Montu and Kumba out the gate with Cheetah Hunt having a delayed opening, and then another delay when they finally added all of the other trains. Even Sheikra seemed to be going pretty good as it never really went over a 15-20 minute wait at peak, and then walk on later. But, forget about Gwazi, another late opening and only one side was running. Posted wait was 15 minutes but it went almost nearly to the entry way where it splits just outside of the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. If I didn't know that it usually takes 15 minutes when you're at the white line by the gates, about to board, I might have waited. :D

Cheetah Hunt's line at the end wasn't all that bad. It got down to about 30-45 around 8pm...

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Jay20016 wrote:

I'm interested if they are not already working on it as across the path from the elephant exhibit there is a rather large section being excavated. It is the old elephant enclosure, that then became a spot for camels... then nothing... then camels... then random other stuff, and then camels again. :D

That's the new Animal Care and Nutrition Center they are building.

BG Animal Care Center

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm sure this has been mentioned before about Cheetah Hunt, but I hate those hard Intamin OTSR's. I wonder why (since it is a new ride), they end up with those? I got 10 rides :lmao: :b :br (single ride line open) on 7/5 after 6pm in 2 hours. I've definitely got bruises on both shoulders to prove it. The ride opened 45 minutes late today, so I only got 1 ride in at opening. :cry:

It's a good ride and I enjoy it, although I doubt the 60mph claim. It's still a great addition to the Garden! :p
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm hoping the single rider line will be open for Cheetah Hunt when I'm back at the park next weekend. I asked at a couple different times on Sunday and it wasn't open.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Maximo37 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

^^^
I have yet to see the (temporary, I'm sure) "single rider" line opened on Cheetah Hunt. I've been to the park 4 times (and ridden an equal amount) since Cheetah Hunt opened. Only once did I see them pulling "single riders" out of the line when you were at the top of the main ramp in the queue (so about 1/2 way thru the entire queue). I didn't take "advantage" of it. When I got off the ride and inquired about it with the greeter (to perhaps sneak another ride), I was told there was none... Oh well...

In any event, those who have ridden Cheetah Hunt at night and have stated that it is a completely different experience... MAN, YOU WERE NOT KIDDING!... On Saturday, July 2, my partner and I were at the park to check out Kinetix and the fireworks... however, due to all the storms in the area, we were afraid that Gwazi Park would be a Woodstock like mud pit... so we ultimately passed on seeing either that night... the continued opening and closing of the coasters due to lightning made us weary that that we'd even get on any rides either... but much to our delight, Gwazi re-opened... We rode front seat of Tiger... Millenium Flyer + wet coaster track = an amazing ride... then on to Cheetah Hunt... the sun dropped beneath the horizon... fireworks shot off (we could see much of the display from where we were positioned in the queue building)... then the front seat (first time for us) IN THE DARK!!!... (and bonus lightning in the distance) HOLY COW!!! WHAT AN AMAZING RIDE!!! I loved it during the day... I was simply blown away by it at night... Not sure if the front row had anything to do with it, but the ride seemed to be faster... and the rhino rally canyon was just AMAZING!!! You could only JUST see the water and it seemed difficult to anticipate (even though I the path of the track) those quick slalom like turns... Everything about Cheetah Hunt at night is just better... Great by day... AMAZING by night... Wow... If you get a chance to catch a night ride, by all means, do so!!!
Last edited by Maximo37 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:12 am.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:09 pm

It is very good at night and the front is better for sure.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 pm

There's this guy on youtube who has almost the same user name because I wanted to create an account that said coastermichael but it was taken. I found some cool videos but nothing matches up to the ones here from TPR. He released a video recently of Sheikra and thought it was well taken.

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: Your post is in violation of our Terms of Service. You must have at least 50 legitimate posts on Theme Park Review to be able to post links or videos.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has launched the teaser page for this year's Howl-O-Scream. It appears the theme will be "The Dark Side of the Gardens: Zombies Live Here." This is the same general theme that has been teased for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's sister event.

http://seaworldparks.com/howloscream_com_2011

The dark side of the gardens is still this night but something waits in the shadows, just out of sight.

Select dates Sept. 23 - Oct. 29

It is interesting to note that the event won't run to Halloween this year as it normally does, instead ending on the 29th of October.
Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 7.07.53 PM.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!