Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: NEWS: Enchanted Tiki Room to reopen in classic form

Postby orangecats2 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

I just hope they bring back the fountain at the end. That was my favorite part and could not believe they took that part out! I really didn't care either way about the characters, just give me back my colorful fountain!

And off topic - I can't believe they took out the fountains at Disneyland Hotel and I never got to see them!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I saw the original show several years ago as a child. From what I can remember, I really liked it but details about it are little fuzzy. Never saw the new show, but doesn't sound like I missed anything.

We will probably try and make a point to see this new/old version in October because the kids will probably get a kick out of it especially Dylan.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby cleusk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 pm

This is wonderful news! If it isn't broke, then don't fix it. Glad Disney finally came to their senses.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: NEWS: Blackbeard to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean m

Postby cleusk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 am

I actually like the idea of having Blackbeard instead of Davy Jones. First, Blackbeard was a real pirate and would fit in perfectly long after the movies' popularity wears off. Second, the character of Davy Jones doesn't fit well with the rest of the attraction. If you never saw POTC 2 and 3, you would be scratching your head wondering what that strange thing in the waterfall had to do with pirates.

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/a-new-look-at-storybook-circus-at-magic-kingdom-park/

I know it’s going to be a great week on the Disney Parks Blog when I get to start by posting a new Fantasyland update. Today I’m happy to share new details on the Storybook Circus area that’s planned as part of the new Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park.

With all the updates we’ve done on the “royal” side of the Fantasyland expansion – Beast’s Castle, Maurice’s Cottage and Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – the plans for Storybook Circus seemed to be a bit more mysterious. Until now.

Storybook Circus will be based on our animated film, “Dumbo.” Here, Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, has rolled into town and brought the grand Storybook Circus with him. The area will be filled with colorful circus tents and nods to the famous film. For example, guests – especially little ones – are welcome to cool down with Casey Jr., who can be found near the train station, getting splashed by playful circus animals.

Just past Casey Jr., guests will encounter big-top circus tents that lead to a “double” version of Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Also, in the tradition of classic air shows, Barnstormer will take on a new look and theme, becoming a spiraling stunt plane built by The Great Goofini.

What do you think? Will you be there when the circus comes to town?
cjf018371LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Looking better all the time.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm

I like the concept art for the new train station! :lover:
Just keep swimming...

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Sounds and looks great!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Yay for Dumbo! :mickey:
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/fairies-fly-to-magic-kingdom-park-july-28/

I have an update today for all of you Disney Fairies fans.

Tinker Bell and the rest of the Disney Fairies will return to Magic Kingdom Park for meet-and-greets beginning July 28. The Pixie Hollow gang will be stationed at the Adventureland Veranda in the Adventureland area of the park.

Until that time, the fairies will continue greeting families at Epcot.

Tip: For the most updated information on meet-and-greet locations for any Disney character, pick up a Times Guide at any Disney theme park.
dfm031939LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!