Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby MrMorgan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:11 am

I have a questions about the stretch of track that goes thru the old Rhino Rally canyon, (RIP. I loved that ride but only got to ride it once). Which way did the jeeps go thru: the same direction Cheetah Hunt goes thru, or the other way? Just a random nerdy question :oops:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 am

I believe the opposite. I never rode it with the water, but I think it was opposite of Cheetah Hunt.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Yes it went with the flow and Cheetah Hunt goes against it. Busch Gardens got that canyon part perfect. The water rushing toward you I think is one of the best visuals ever on a coaster. I hope coaster builders and parks notice how effective that part of the coaster is and repeat it. Nemesis must be awesome.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby WW1 Flying Ace » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:28 pm

I got my first ride on cheetah hunt and the millennium fliers on Gwazi today! I waited about 75-80 minutes for cheetah hunt the first time with my group only for us to discover the single rider line! Then when my turn cam the ride broke a drive tire in the station so that was an ordeal. Anyway onto the ride I thought it was pretty good a more fun ride then thrilling enjoyable but, certainly not the next montu in terms of intensity. The "Airtime Parabola" was pretty good with the cleverly placed launch before. :airtime: The themeing was ok the cheetah rock was nice there were some other nice touches though, nothing stands out in my memory. The end was a little rough though surprisingly. :?r Overall a pretty good experience: 8.5/10.

I thought Gwazi was a lot better then before sooooooooo much smoother. :br I was surprised how big a deal the trains made in smoothness. Re-rideable now definitely and not painful! A little more airtime would have made a big difference though; still a solid 7/10 now.
CP Fanboy until... I visited CP
"We have to get the hamsters to run a little faster."- Joe Maddon

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 pm

There's a single rider line? I don't remember seeing that when I went.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 am

I didn't know about a single rider line either. Where is it located.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby WW1 Flying Ace » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:06 pm

It still may be experimental but, it was the line next to the main line (right side going in through the entrance) they were calling people who were already in line and you had to ask at the entrance as it is not marked.
CP Fanboy until... I visited CP
"We have to get the hamsters to run a little faster."- Joe Maddon

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby MrMorgan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 am

dragonskeep wrote:Yes it went with the flow and Cheetah Hunt goes against it. Busch Gardens got that canyon part perfect. The water rushing toward you I think is one of the best visuals ever on a coaster. I hope coaster builders and parks notice how effective that part of the coaster is and repeat it. Nemesis must be awesome.

jjune4991 wrote:I believe the opposite. I never rode it with the water, but I think it was opposite of Cheetah Hunt.

Thanks! Looks like a blast, either way.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press packet with photos and video from the return of their popular Summer Nights show, Kinnetix!

We’ve seen some coverage of Summer Nights’ opening weekend, and it looks like a few of you were able to stay for our incredible nightly finale, Kinnetix! The IAAPA Brass Ring Award-winning show has some great new acts set to some familiar new songs for 2011, plus all of the energy and amazing artistry that made Kinnetix 2010 so popular with our guests.

In case you haven’t made it out yet, here’s a preview video and some fantastic photos of the new show. We look forward to seeing you at Busch Gardens this summer!

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

SN-Color-Logo.jpg
Kinetix01.jpg
Kinetix02.jpg
Kinetix03.jpg
Kinetix04.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Really glad to hear Kinetix is coming back, I loved it last year and thought it was a really great way to end the day. Definitely a must see!

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!