TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

They've been making a lot of childish additions like Jungala, Sesame Street, Cheetah Hunt...

Just choose your words better, or learn to laugh at your mistakes. Kids, think before you type.

This public service announcement is sponsored by the Coalition for Common Sense.

I have a questions about the stretch of track that goes thru the old Rhino Rally canyon, (RIP. I loved that ride but only got to ride it once). Which way did the jeeps go thru: the same direction Cheetah Hunt goes thru, or the other way? Just a random nerdy question

Yes it went with the flow and Cheetah Hunt goes against it. Busch Gardens got that canyon part perfect. The water rushing toward you I think is one of the best visuals ever on a coaster. I hope coaster builders and parks notice how effective that part of the coaster is and repeat it. Nemesis must be awesome.

I got my first ride on cheetah hunt and the millennium fliers on Gwazi today! I waited about 75-80 minutes for cheetah hunt the first time with my group only for us to discover the single rider line! Then when my turn cam the ride broke a drive tire in the station so that was an ordeal. Anyway onto the ride I thought it was pretty good a more fun ride then thrilling enjoyable but, certainly not the next montu in terms of intensity. The "Airtime Parabola" was pretty good with the cleverly placed launch before. The themeing was ok the cheetah rock was nice there were some other nice touches though, nothing stands out in my memory. The end was a little rough though surprisingly. Overall a pretty good experience: 8.5/10.

I thought Gwazi was a lot better then before sooooooooo much smoother. I was surprised how big a deal the trains made in smoothness. Re-rideable now definitely and not painful! A little more airtime would have made a big difference though; still a solid 7/10 now.

Yes it went with the flow and Cheetah Hunt goes against it. Busch Gardens got that canyon part perfect. The water rushing toward you I think is one of the best visuals ever on a coaster. I hope coaster builders and parks notice how effective that part of the coaster is and repeat it. Nemesis must be awesome.

I believe the opposite. I never rode it with the water, but I think it was opposite of Cheetah Hunt.

Thanks! Looks like a blast, either way.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press packet with photos and video from the return of their popular Summer Nights show, Kinnetix!

We’ve seen some coverage of Summer Nights’ opening weekend, and it looks like a few of you were able to stay for our incredible nightly finale, Kinnetix! The IAAPA Brass Ring Award-winning show has some great new acts set to some familiar new songs for 2011, plus all of the energy and amazing artistry that made Kinnetix 2010 so popular with our guests.

In case you haven’t made it out yet, here’s a preview video and some fantastic photos of the new show. We look forward to seeing you at Busch Gardens this summer!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=BGTB_Kinnetix_Broll_ehqs[/coastertube]

SN-Color-Logo.jpg.e582a3e0d46f5e5fb0da50249da4dcf5.jpg

Kinetix01.jpg.71b1013ca0799cf2a9ddd4f6804a249c.jpg

Kinetix02.jpg.0672c62ed9605e49c4fc8ca313684f9f.jpg

Kinetix03.jpg.f1f3e7d426e58a6124e185a080d84c3a.jpg

Kinetix04.jpg.c17b622e2c07b95948a1bb7f64ee6319.jpg

I am definitely going to be checking this show out, can't avoid anything that promises me some cool acrobatics, and from that preview this show has a lot of that. Thank you Busch, can't wait to see it, and ride Cheetah Hunt at night again, of course.

There's a single rider line? I don't remember seeing that when I went.

I've never seen any single rider line at Busch Gardens.

Apparently the single rider line for Cheetah Hunt is open sporadically, and I've been told to ask at the entrance and they'll let you know if it's open or not.

There's a single rider line? I don't remember seeing that when I went.

I've never seen any single rider line at Busch Gardens.

A long time ago, Rhino Rally had a single riders line. I don't think it's there anymore.