Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 pm

samisthabomb wrote:Wow, what a sad replacement for such a reputably great coaster. Oh well, at least it's not a Volare :p

Don't give them any ideas... lol

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases/index.cfm?current_root=15&mode=story&story_id=306

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN) today announced that Lehigh County has accepted its $2.75 million bid to purchase 6.75 acres of land adjacent to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Pending approval from the Lehigh County Commissioners, this land acquisition will enable the Company to continue enhancing the guest experience at the park through the introduction of new rides and attractions, future park development and the expansion of parking facilities. The transaction is expected to close 30 to 60 days following approval by the County Commissioners.

"We are excited about the expansion and development opportunities this additional space will provide to Dorney Park, as well as the increased economic impact it will have for the county," said Dick Kinzel, president and chief executive officer of Cedar Fair. "In addition, we appreciate the opportunity provided by the Lehigh County Commissioners to bid on this property and would like to thank them for their ongoing strong support of regional economic development and tourism. We look forward to expanding our ability to provide unique, family entertainment at a great value in the region."

Recognized as one of the most visited amusement parks and water parks in the United States, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is home to more than 100 rides and attractions, including eight roller coasters, dozens of state-of-the-art thrill machines and one of the country's best-ranked water parks. New for 2011 is Planet Snoopy, a kid's theme-park offering the largest collection of kid's rides in the region.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 pm

^A couple years ago, they were supposedly planning to build a parking garage. This might be part of that plan.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 pm

That would be great, along with bringing back the season pass lot if possible. I have never been to the park on one of those Saturday's in the summer but I have seen pictures and the parking situation is horrible. Besides the overflow lot being a very long walk to the gates, they sometimes have to park cars on the grass on the side of the overflow lot.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 am

The parking situation at the park on summer weekends is horrible, I think I sat still for about 45 minutes a few years back. The next time I knew where to park so that didn't happen again. It's great they were able to buy land and expand!

Everyone should look at Hersheypark because you can get in and out of there so quickly!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Definitely some promising news with the land acquisition. I've always really liked Dorney Park, but it would be nice for their sake if they could break this streak they're on of "hand-me-downs" from other CF parks! I mean, I understand the reasoning behind it, but a legitimate NEW ride would be awesome.

And add me to the list of folks that thinks a GCI would be a fantastic addition to their coaster lineup!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby FrightFest1408 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 pm

This sucks...why did dorney get this ride! I never got to ride invertigo even though I live a CA! CGA is another geauga lake!
Last edited by FrightFest1408 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:23 pm

PhantomNick wrote:

Definitely some promising news with the land acquisition. I've always really liked Dorney Park, but it would be nice for their sake if they could break this streak they're on of "hand-me-downs" from other CF parks! I mean, I understand the reasoning behind it, but a legitimate NEW ride would be awesome.

I hear you. Besides, Dorney Park isn't the only park getting hand-me-downs. Take a look at Carowinds and the hand-me-downs they received in the past - Nightwing (formerly Stealth from CA), Scream Weaver (formerly Apple Turnover from KD), Woodstock Flight (formerly Eagle Flight from KI), and Carolina Cobra (former Head Spin from GL). Even my home park of Kings Dominion got three hand-me-down rides from the defunct GL: Dominator, Americana, and El Dorado.

Besides, hand-me-down or not, the park is getting another ride and that is still better than getting no ride at all.

:pillow: "Done yet? Good! Come to me!"

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Alrighty, Thursday will be a busy day!

I'll be leaving my house at 8AM, then get to Dorney at around 2 or 3 and stay until park closing. I'm guessing the park won't be too crowded on a Thursday and I'll be able to get everything in.

But, I'm afraid my dad won't have much to do. He's ridden Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, but if a ride has an OTSR he stays as far away as possible from it. Which means the only rides he'd want to ride are Steel Force (he's ridden Magnum and said it was a little rough) and Thunderhawk (how rough is this classic woodie?).

So what flat rides would you guys recommend that aren't too extreme and have regular lap bars? I don't wanna leave my dad in the dust the whole day.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby alpengeistfan1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Thunderhawk isn't too bad, it's rough but bearable. And maybe he'd like demon drop? It's not big and technically doesn't go upside down. You could give it a try.

Oh and Apollo maybe?
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:13 pm.
"Thanks cows, I appreciate your tastiness."
- Craig Ferguson

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!