Photo TR: Adam goes Cheetah Hunting at Busch Gardens Tampa

P. 2: Skyride Cheetah Hunt photos, plus Curiosity Caverns!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Delicious & Refreshing

Photo TR: Adam goes Cheetah Hunting at Busch Gardens Tampa

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:39 pm

After hearing such great reviews come out of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay regarding their newest addition Cheetah Hunt, I knew I couldn't contain myself until Tuesday (I'll be going back tomorrow too) to try it out. So, in a last minute, by-the-fly call, I drove out to the park with a friend on Memorial Day weekend to go Cheetah Hunting myself.

The ride is really fun and not too intense. The launches all took me by surprise, perhaps because of the initial force behind each push. The ride has some insane moments of airtime that rival those strange ones found on some of Orlando's other coasters (like Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit). The Crossroads of Culture serves as a fantastic environ for the new attraction and manages to transition into all three surrounding realms quite smoothly, making for a more immersive experience.

While we didn't see any cheetahs run at Cheetah Run, we did get to see Kasi and Mtani, as well as two elder cheetahs as they were brought out into the area for basic training procedures.

Also of note, for the first time since Jungala (I believe), there is a large number of characters out and about in the area. I saw French Foreign Legion soldiers walking about, explorers roaming the Crossroads and a few Middle Eastern-warriors guarding the broken arches of the area. A beautiful touch that really does add more character and charm to the already wonderful new area of the park.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Adam goes Cheetah Hunting at Busch Gardens Tam

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:26 pm

(Continued)
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm still amazed at how nice the new area looks, everything just seems perfect: the ride, it's interaction, the queue... I'm really hoping to get down to Florida to ride this monster!
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon May 30, 2011 2:36 pm

I liked the ride quite a bit as well. It proves that a coaster does not have to be super intense to still be a lot of fun.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby osm » Mon May 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Such a photogenic ride. The animal kingdom nerd in me liked the stuff about cheetahs in the queue. Thanks for sharing!
Coaster Count- 64 (49 Steel, 13 Wood, 1 Water, 1 Powered)
Top 10- 1. Maverick (CP) 2. Skyrush (HP) 3. El Toro (SFGA) 4. Bizarro (SFNE) 5. Phoenix (Kno) 6. Millennium Force (CP) 7. Behemoth (CW) 8. Nitro (SFGA) 9. Storm Runner (HP) 10. Incredible Hulk (IOA)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh my goodness... the Wild Cheetah's queue has to be the best queue I've seen thematically... ever. I love how they spaced the ride's factoids out all over the path, as well as the "Cheetah Rock" and how that thematically fits in the path.

Whenever I get the chance to ride this kitty, it should be an amazing experience! I just hope that I won't have to wait long, as I was spoiled in my only previous visit here. ;)
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Mon May 30, 2011 3:31 pm

nice report. really looking forward to my trip in october. I haven't gotten down there since rhino rally was brand new.

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Wow, just wow! Everything about this ride is simply gorgeous! Such a terrific job done with everything, from the queue detail to the factoids about footers in the gift shop (drool) to the zero car to the ride's interaction with the surrounding area. To top it off, it sounds like the ride experience itself is outstanding. Really, really looking forward to riding this someday!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 30, 2011 6:38 pm

What about science?

Hold on, Adam! The idea bag is full!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon May 30, 2011 11:59 pm

What an amazing queue! I love the sound of this ride. Oh, and those are some cute kittehs!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive