TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Awesome news! So glad to hear that the ride wasn't insanely rough like the new style euro fighter at Belantis. IUm really excited about riding this thing at the Deep South Bash.

Not to be too bitchy but with all of the real fire elements that Six Flags has recently added to new coaster at other parks (Bizarro's, Terminator, NTAG, X2) I'm kinda surprised they didn't put the real fire effect on this thing but it looks pretty awesome regardless!

Just rode it twice, once in the front, once in the back. It is smooth, but I have to say it's not all that exciting. The best parts are the lift hill and the roll at the end. The rest is just average. The first drop on The New Texas Giant blows this first drop out of the water.

The trains are cool and the lapbar is comfortable. When sitting in the back, the seats are not quite high enough to see over the first two rows.

If TNTG is a 10/10, I give this coaster a 7/10.

It is fun, but it's not going to make my top 10 or even 20.

Just rode Dare Devil Dive twice - once in the front and once in the back. It's amazingly smooth and the lap bars make for a very comfortable ride experience. The drop is crazy fun and it goes a lot faster than I expected. Also, the final inversion gives some great hang time. It's my third favorite ride in the park, after Mindbender and Batman. Hopefully I'll get to ride it more today. I would give the ride an 8/10.

Awesome to hear about the smooth trains. Looking forward to riding this at Deep South Bash!

The ride in probably too compact to allow them to put in real fire (if I had to guess). Even if the fake fire doesn't look the greatest, it means less maintenance, and that (hopefully) leads to SF keeping it around longer than one season.

I'm not sure why you would even bother comparing TNTG to this. I haven't ridden the former but I can tell that its going to provide a more powerful and intense experience.

I personally love the coaster. It's not a top 10 favorite of mine but it definitely provides some unique sensations due to the element transitions and the openness of the cars. Hoping to get a few more rides today!

Rode DDD about 10 times today. It was awesome. Good airtime on the first drop and the dive loop is pretty intense on the right side seats. It's butter smooth and very very quite... lol. The lap bars on a Euro Fighter are a welcome treat with lots of open air and freedom of movement. Made for one hell of a good barrel roll at the end with lots of hang time! Good amounts of thememing as well (at least for six flags) Great Ride!!! and a great addition to the park.

^Sounds reasonable! I can see myself declining that offer in favor of waiting and using my Gold Q-Bot to make up for it on other rides (this worked perfectly when Ntag opened), but if I go on the "wrong" day, I might consider it!

^^The reason (I think) that these rides were put in is a three step process:

1)Build hype over the ride.

2)Use that hype get a lot of people to want to ride.

3)While people are waiting for hours for the brand new ride all the rest of the rides have shortened lines for an extended period of time.

BONUS:The park employees could switch shifts from the capacity nightmare to the high capacity rides with shortened lines to take a break.

P.S. I don't mind having a gimmick at parks, it shortens the lines on the good rides for the rest of us!

I was wondering if anyone had any insight for the Season Pass Holder preview coming up this Friday on the 27th. Does it start right away when the park opens? Or will it more than likely be later in the afternoon. Please advise!

Dare Devil Dive is expected to open with the park at 10:30 a.m. Season Passholders will be the only ones allowed to ride on Friday, May 27.