Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby asimowalk » Wed May 11, 2011 5:30 pm

^ The ride cycle is three minutes in total. I'm assuming it takes 50secs to go up and another 50 to go back down.

As for the article, I don't expect anything less than that garbage they have there. I cannot bare to look at Wonderland's Facebook page anymore. It's filled with complaints and people asking the same questions that can be answered within seconds by visiting CW's website.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 am

dandaman wrote:Isn't that technically the Kings Island WindSeeker pictured in the above article?

/NOT a big issue, just curious

Hey Dan, yah it is but we do have shoddy journalism up here at times ;). I'm guessing they're just using what Cedar Fair gave them in the press kit since the ride is exactly the same.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

Sorry posted in both topics cause I didn't really know where to post
Construction update. Picture credit goes to Cwmania user KoasterKore. Pictures show a bulldozer in speed city and work being done in it, and second picture shows a cement truck int he area, can you say footers?
https://picasaweb.google.com/110541780188241836402/May142011#5606590936755061602
https://picasaweb.google.com/110541780188241836402/May142011#5606590937797577634

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNVqFJQhMg

Windseeker testing at 100% speed! Also apparently Windseeker at Canada's Wonderland is going to open to the public today from what ride crews at the ride were saying yesturday!

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 am

Awesome, It looks like it swings out far and has a decent speed. I can't wait to try this out a Knott's.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Sun May 22, 2011 6:35 am

Great news! I'm a huge fan of the Star Flyers but this machine does look fantastic, especially the lighting package.

^^I wouldn't put too much stock in that just yet since the same crew told us that it would be open last weekend. You never know though given that there's way more activity going on. Plus they apparently insatalled some sort of retrofit kit (unpainted and different colors pieces) to the arms, which hopefully will solve the issue of the ride being the world's biggest "kick boodie" ride, aka, the chairs swinging into each other at the top of the tower. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun May 22, 2011 7:15 am

This seems like the kind of ride that will draw a ton of spectators as well as riders, especially with that lighting package. Awesome video.

Postby netdvn » Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 am

My parents are planning a Toronto-Montreal-Northeast cities trip later this summer and I was planning on hitting CW on that trip. I'm wondering...

- What are crowds gonna be like in mid - late July?
- I'm planning on hitting the real big ticket stuff (Behemoth, Vortex, Windseeker, Sledgehammer, Shockwave, the top spin, Drop Zone, and maybe Sky Rider). Are there any other recommended rides that I should hit?
- I've got plans to visit with at least one other TPR member. Anybody else wanna tag along?

Thanks in advance :)
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jonlocke » Tue May 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Canada's Wonderland just announced on facebook that Windseeker is now open. :b

Now I just need to get up their to ride it, maybe Thursday.

Postby Carnage » Tue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

netdvn wrote:My parents are planning a Toronto-Montreal-Northeast cities trip later this summer and I was planning on hitting CW on that trip. I'm wondering...

- What are crowds gonna be like in mid - late July?

Busy. I'd expect 45 minutes to an hour for nearly everything.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!