TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

Purchase Tickets: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=139

TPR Day at Busch Gardens!

- ERT on Griffon!

- ERT on Alpengeist!

- ERT on Apollo's Chariot!

- Optional backstage tour!

- And yes there will be FOOD! (Lunch is included!)

- GET EXCITED!!!

TPR Day at Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Sunday, June 19th, 2011

Club TPR Member (and guests) rates:

BGW or Busch Platinum Season Pass Holder - $32

Non-Season Pass Holder (Adults 10+) - $71

Non-Season Pass Holder (Kids 3-9) - $61

Non Club TPR Member rates:

BGW or Busch Platinum Season Pass Holder - $37

Non-Season Pass Holder (Adults 10+) - $76

Non-Season Pass Holder (Kids 3-9) - $66

Optional Add-Ons (details below - scroll down):

Backstage Tour - $20

Quick Queue Ticket - $14

Dinner Meal Voucher - $15

Event Schedule (subject to change):

8:30am - Event Check-in

9:00am - One hour ERT on Griffon & Alpengeist

12:30pm - Lunch

9:30pm - ONE HOUR of ERT on Apollo's Chariot!

TBD - Meeting time for backstage tour (will be during park hours)

EVENT DETAILS AND RIDE AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

MAKE IT A COASTER WEEKEND! Hurlfest at Kings Dominion will be Saturday, June 18th - Details Here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=215741611781176

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event. You will pick up your tickets at the event during morning check-in.

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Options Add-On Detials:

Backstage Tour - An hour (and a bit) long tour during park hours (you won't miss out on any ERT!) You'll see the maintenance areas of DarKastle where you'll see a 'sleigh profile', Alpengeist and get that coveted "Look, ma! I'm holding a coaster wheel photo!" and I'm told there will be more surprises for our backstage tour participants! If you are at all interested in the inner-workings of Busch Gardens, we highly recommend this tour! (Space is limited!)

Quick Queue Ticket - One time use to "skip the line" on Busch Gardens' most popular attractions! Good on Alpengeist, DarKastle, Apollo's Chariot, Pompeii, Europe in the Air, Griffon, Log Flume, Roman Rapids and a BONUS RIDE! (Subject to change)

Dinner Meal Voucher - While lunch is included with the event, if you plan to stay later and have dinner, this meal voucher is redeemable at any Busch Gardens restaurant for any entrée and any one item from a selection of side salads, side dishes, or desserts and a regular sized non-alcoholic beverage.

Event Rules & Additional Details

- You MUST be a registered member of Club TPR (Paid Subscription: http://www.clubtpr.com) to purchase tickets at the club member rate. Your guests do NOT have to be a member. You may purchase tickets for your guests at the Club TPR member rate as long as you are a Club TPR member. Club TPR Member Guest tickets MUST be made in the same transaction as the Club TPR Member.

*NOTE* If your guest is a past TPR member whose account/membership has been deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into the event.

- Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

- All event participants MUST abide by ALL park rules and Theme Park Review’s/Club TPR's code of conduct and terms of service. Violation of park rules is subject to you and your guests removal from the park and your account being banned.

FAQs

- Q: What do I need to do to attend this event?

A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event. Nothing will be mailed to you. You must pick up your tickets at the event.

- Q: Will you have onsite event registration?

A: Sorry, but no tickets will be available during morning check in. TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED so register NOW.

- Q: I cannot make it to the park before check-in ends or I need to leave before evening ERT, can I still attend the event if I cannot make the entire day?

A: Yes, you may arrive after check-in ends. Your event packet will be left at will call or guest relations under the name of the person who registered. If you need to leave before evening ERT, you may do so, but we hope you can stay because it will be amazing! Please note there are NO REFUNDS given if you cannot make the event.

- Q: How old do you have to be to attend this event?

A: There is no age limit for this event. We have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson attend our events!

- Q: When will the final event schedule be released?

A: I'll try to get something posted before the event, but I will also email you all the details a few days prior. Expect the event to start about 90 minutes prior to park opening, and last about an hour to and hour and a half after park closing. (Check the parks website for their schedule)

- Q: What does "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" mean?

A: ERT means that the rides and attractions listed during those times on the schedule are open ONLY to attendees of this event.

- Q: Can I apply the cost of my event ticket towards a season pass?

A: In the past, our host parks have allowed members to do this. I would imagine it would be possible, although we have not heard anything officially. It would be best to contact the park or ask at Guest Relations.

- Q: What is your refund policy?

A: Once you have paid for an event ticket, there are NO REFUNDS. You are welcome to try to sell your ticket to another member, but it would not be possible to refund tickets.

- Q: If I am mailing in a check, when do you need the payment by?

A: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Until your ticket is "paid", you technically do not have tickets to this event. If the event sells out due to other members who have paid up for their tickets, we cannot guarantee you a spot. The best advice we can give you is pay via PayPal, or drop your check in the mail immediately.

- Q: Does this event price include admission to the park?

A: If you are a season pass holder, your season pass serves as your park admission. If you are a non-season passholder, you will be given a park admission ticket for the event day.

- Q: Does this event price include airfare, transportation, or hotel lodging?

A: No.

- Q: I am a member of TPR's forums, does that allow me to purchase the Club TPR member rate?

A: No, sorry. The forum membership and Club TPR Membership are two different things. Being a member of the TPR Forum, while completely free, does not allow you to get the Club TPR Member Rate. You *MUST* be a Club TPR Member for those prices. Being a member of the forum allows you to attend the event.

- If you have any questions about registration you may email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear up some confusion....

TPR's Busch Gardens WIlliamsburg day is open to

ALL TPR MEMBERS!!!

TPR's BGW day on June 19th is open to all Theme Park Review forum members and Club TPR Members! Yes, Club TPR Members and their guests will get a discounted rate, but this event is open to ALL TPR MEMBERS!

This event includes ERT on Alpengeist, Griffon, Mach Tower, Lunch, and an optional backstage tour that will be customized just for Theme Park Review!

Register now: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=139

Edited by robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...

EVENT UPDATE!!! APOLLO'S CHARIOT ERT ADDED!

First some bad news - Busch Gardens has let us know that Mach Tower has had some set backs and won't be available for ERT...but... the park will give us ONE HOUR OF NIGHT ERT on Apollo's Chariot after the park closes! YAY!!! AND...if Mach Tower does open...we will be already in the park and first in line when it opens for the day! (just don't get your hopes up...)

Hurlfest information is also available! There is ERT on Intimidator 305, Flight of Fear, Volcano, and Backlot Stunt Coaster!

Hurlfest is Saturday, June 18th

TPR's BGW Day is Sunday, June 19th

To purchase tickets for the TPR BGW event, click here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=139

To purchase tickets for Hurlfest, visit Kings Dominions Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=215741611781176

Both events are open to ALL TPR Forum Members, Club TPR Members, and their guests!

Club TPR Members and their guests will receive a discounted ticket price for the TPR BGW day!

Get your tickets NOW!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

I thought this topic disappeared forever!

Well I have a Pre-TPR Day Report. This was my first time driving to Williamsburg all by my lonesome. Originally my sister was going to go with me, but she couldn't get off from work for it. I left Pittsburgh a bit later than I wanted to, but at least I got to eat breakfast with my family before I went. I left at noon and despite getting loss two times I checked in to Country Inn & Suites at 9:30. It's amazingly difficult to drive from Pittsburgh to Williamsburg. Google maps was even confused and it offered no good way to go. I managed to figure out a decent route where I went on the PA Turnpike from Monroeville to Breezewood. I went on I-70 to Winchester where I got on 17 East. Basically, I just wanted to stay on 17 the entire way because it goes straight to Yorktown (a hop, skip, and a jump from Williamsburg), but changes hands with Route 66 and that's where I messed up. I did get back on via Route 15, but it got really dark going into Yorktown and after making the right turn after the bridge that goes over the York River the road I was on veered off from the Colonial Parkway which is where I wanted to go, but ended up going 238 which took me 20 minutes away from my hotel. Check-in was interesting too because for some reason either Priceline or the hotel booked me under another name (different first name, but same last name), but luckily I printed out the confirmation page and brought it with me, so that was nothing but a minor inconvenience. Well after getting my luggage in I wanted to get something to eat and since I am an Outback Steakhouse employee I thought I would go to the Outback on 60 north west of Williamsburg, but unfortunately I couldn't find it because I got lost again! 60 turns into Route 5 and then into 143. I gave up and just grabbed McDonalds. Williamsburg is so confusing, especially at night.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a really fun day tomorrow and I should be able to find the park since it's literally right down the road.

^Depending on the time of day, 95 can be the most miserable road in the universe to drive here in northern VA. From DC to Fredericksburg is basically bumper to bumper from about 3ish-7ish every week day. It's obviously the opposite in the morning. So if you were rolling through here in the middle of the afternoon, avoiding 95 was probably wise.

I thought this topic disappeared forever!

Well I have a Pre-TPR Day Report. This was my first time driving to Williamsburg all by my lonesome. Originally my sister was going to go with me, but she couldn't get off from work for it. I left Pittsburgh a bit later than I wanted to, but at least I got to eat breakfast with my family before I went. I left at noon and despite getting loss two times I checked in to Country Inn & Suites at 9:30. It's amazingly difficult to drive from Pittsburgh to Williamsburg. Google maps was even confused and it offered no good way to go. I managed to figure out a decent route where I went on the PA Turnpike from Monroeville to Breezewood. I went on I-70 to Winchester where I got on 17 East. Basically, I just wanted to stay on 17 the entire way because it goes straight to Yorktown (a hop, skip, and a jump from Williamsburg), but changes hands with Route 66 and that's where I messed up. I did get back on via Route 15, but it got really dark going into Yorktown and after making the right turn after the bridge that goes over the York River the road I was on veered off from the Colonial Parkway which is where I wanted to go, but ended up going 238 which took me 20 minutes away from my hotel. Check-in was interesting too because for some reason either Priceline or the hotel booked me under another name (different first name, but same last name), but luckily I printed out the confirmation page and brought it with me, so that was nothing but a minor inconvenience. Well after getting my luggage in I wanted to get something to eat and since I am an Outback Steakhouse employee I thought I would go to the Outback on 60 north west of Williamsburg, but unfortunately I couldn't find it because I got lost again! 60 turns into Route 5 and then into 143. I gave up and just grabbed McDonalds. Williamsburg is so confusing, especially at night.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a really fun day tomorrow and I should be able to find the park since it's literally right down the road.

Rt. 60 takes a number of twists and turns around and in Willismburg. The Outback is actually in James City County about a mile out of town.