TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Honestly I don't think they ever thought the coaster would take long but the reason we have to wait til June is due to the re-theme of that area. I think it'll be ready in a matter of weeks.

-Cookie

I think they started too late to finish all the other work that goes into a new coaster: programming/electrical, writing the SOP/training, test cycling, and state certification.

I'm guessing there was some sort of delay behind the scenes that caused the delay.

Edited by Jew

^Well there was a rumor of a missing part holding up construction a little, a rumor.

I'm thinking it may be more than a rumor. I just returned from a quick photo jaunt over to the park this morning and struck up a conversation with an older employee as I was watching the crane. I commented on how fast it should be done at this rate and, without any prompting from me, he said that there are still two missing pieces. He also added that they have already been manufactured and are en route, so hopefully they will arrive before they are needed.

Damn it Intamin you were suppose to make a great impression with SFMM to hopefully create a good working relationship since the last time you where in the park building S:TE, shipping rides with missing parts is not a good deal lol. We want more Intamins in the park in the future but if your sending rides with parts missing and delaying construction/openings that might not happen come on guys you can do better then this your a World renowned coaster manufacturer for goodness sake.

I truly hope this is just a rumor b/c if you guys can't get a coaster a small as GL right then how can you be trusted to build something as major as that gigacoaster I'm praying SFMM gets one day

^^ Dippin-Dots guy strikes again.

Funny enough CoasterGuy, when riding up the Sky Tower on Monday the ops mentioned your site and that you had been up to get pictures (not sure if they meant Monday or last week).

^ Just because there is a missing part, IF there is a missing part, doesn't mean it's Intamin's fault.

^ well who's fault would it be?

I mean yeah a container could of feel off the boat lol or left or lost on the dock, or maybe sent to the wrong destination but these all seam highly unlikely.

Yet if there's is truth to the comment posted that the parts have been Manufactured and shipped that seams like a complete screw up on Intamin part imo.

^^ Funny enough CoasterGuy, when riding up the Sky Tower on Monday the ops mentioned your site and that you had been up to get pictures (not sure if they meant Monday or last week).

Yah, I bet I know who it was. I met a new guy the last time I was there and I think he was surprised to meet me. He was very familiar with my blog and said he read it all the time. He was a nice guy. I actually saw him again this morning and he recognized me.

^ well who's fault would it be?

I mean yeah a container could of feel off the boat lol or left or lost on the dock, or maybe sent to the wrong destination but these all seam highly unlikely.

Yet if there's is truth to the comment posted that the parts have been Manufactured and shipped that seams like a complete screw up on Intamin part imo.

Or, Intamin manufactured and sent out the missing parts because after they sent them out the first time they got lost! In which case you would be wrong to assume it's Intamins fault. And even if they left out a part, SO WHAT! the parts have been made and they are on the way....can't ask for anything more than that. You have to realize that not everything is perfect, things happen, parts get lost or forgotten, stuff breaks, the weather is bad, workers don't show up, deadlines are missed, etc, so is all that Intamin's fault? No, certainly not...STUFF HAPPENS and STUFF WILL HAPPEN, get over it! Since Intamin manufactured and already sent out the parts, that obviously shows they are on the ball, because, as you say, they are a world renowned coaster manufacturer, they know what they are doing. What you should be doing is thanking Intamin for doing their part to get this coaster built, I mean they could have just said "screw it, you have to wait two or three months we are in no hurry", but obviously they are completely not like that.

If I was Intamin and I read your comments I would be like " Oh yeah little boy, with that attitude no coasters for you....ever!"

^umm your taking this completely overboard and my post was more sarcastic then me being all OMFG Intamin sucks they lost the parts to the ride.

Also how do you lose track pieces to a Rollercoaster it's not like it's something someone can just put in their pocket and walk away with.

"I mean they could have just said "screw it, you have to wait two or three months we are in no hurry", but obviously they are completely not like that."

Umm no they could not they are under contract and have been paid millions of dollars to provide a product

Again I know ShhhT happens and that's why my post was sarcastic

If you built a ride for a park and the ride didn't work out as planned (S:TE) and the park say's I'm not working with that company again, years go by and the parks decides to give you/the company another chance and work with them to install another ride. Yet the ride shows up with parts missing, you have spent million of dollars on this ride and regardless if it's Intamin's fault or not who would you blame and how does that look? It looks bad period. Especially to a park that was already iffy on working with you again in the first place.

I'm not bashing Intamin I idolize them check out the TPR exchange all of my coasters are based off Intamin except one. Even with the delays, problems, downtime some Intamin rides have I still love their rides.

90% of the time delays like this are due to shipping. And yes, containers get lost, dont get put on a ship or get put on the wrong truck. Thats why parts arrive while they are still doing groundwork most of the time because that way they can do the parts inventory and get the parts that are missing.

Parts also get damaged during shipping and might need to be sent back to get repaired or even replaced (happened to Scream). Of course sometimes things just aren't ordered (New Mexico Rattler's train was never ordered and the park did not realize it until after CCI had closed up shop).

This is my response to the posts about a rumor that may or may not be correct:

Everyone needs to relax a bit.

Edited by cfc

^ Agreed.

Honestly, the DC Universe area of the park wasn't going to be ready to open the ride on Memorial weekend anyway. Hell, Roadrunner was supposed to open almost two months ago ...

So even IF there was a delay due to a missing part, it's most likely not that big of a deal and not something that the park is going to get into another bad relationship with Intamin over.

Well the Grinder Gearworks sign and clog gear are gone off the wall also you can see. No more Gotham City but now there is new name on theme for the Green Lantern. Musik Express have a part is took from Six Flags Great Adventure but you know Musik Express has closed in 2008 due damaged on top. The parts like seat cars, sweep, etc are send to Six Flags Magic Mountain and being refurbishing and maybe getting new name or same the name like Atom Smasher? I was so surprise the Round Up on the walkway area and ready for take a refurbishing like new color.

Here is my picture for WCB 2011 two month ago and you see Roar Runner Express scenery.

dscn0723.jpg.0ecc57795c7e4e7ed8d3af404e33beb6.jpg

Seat cars

dscn0724.jpg.27cb602d436e5b9171816f866dee9299.jpg

seat cars

dscn0727.jpg.3637def39b270349e9aa21af46ff0b75.jpg

sweep

dscn0728.jpg.a20889f182d95de89a824c7dd15fc679.jpg

road runner express scenery theme

dscn0731.jpg.aa5db61086de7d47eea0d76020399608.jpg

You seen that before and you can take a look at previous photo.

dscn0732.jpg.78042cfd216a6e2853bcd9ac45b8bb2e.jpg

Still closed until reopen on summer????

dscn0725.jpg.a65edc7221543beb1a703b2edaeb9af6.jpg

What is that? Lift chain for maybe Colossus or something?

dscn0726.jpg.148c514d45bf13ed52e7b5068f410fc0.jpg

I guess what is that?

dscn0744.jpg.e8efa284a4367cd20ae2882845ab978a.jpg

Gertrude on the Green Lantern huh.

Edited by Rideslover

^ Gertrude found that nice open piece of land to go to the bathroom on, and right when she was about to go you popped out with the camera and messed it all up!

Edited by ILoveRides