Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

NEWS: Blackbeard to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean mists

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/blackbeard-comes-aboard-at-disneyland-park-and-magic-kingdom-park-may-20-2/

On February 11, actor Ian McShane appeared on a soundstage in Los Angeles for a very special “head shot” – one that will soon be featured in the Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.

Captain Blackbeard will make his appearance on the ghostly waterfall in the grotto scenes of the park attractions beginning May 20, coinciding with the release of the new film, “Pirates of the Caribbean – On Stranger Tides,” in which McShane plays a starring role.

Walt Disney Imagineering writer Michael Sprout (who wrote the script for Bill Nighy as Davy Jones several years ago) was on hand to direct the special shoot with Ian McShane. David said, “He came in wearing his complete Blackbeard costume, including the sword, saying it helped him stay in character!”

Look for Blackbeard soon in this classic attraction, and the return of Davy Jones later this year.
5691830452_6332548b73_o.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: NEWS: Blackbeard to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean m

Postby Director_Guy » Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 pm

As long as it's temporary. I'm all for updating the attractions, but Davy Jones fit this scene way better than Blackbeard. I don't know, we'll see how it is.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: NEWS: Blackbeard to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean m

Postby frozenflames » Sun May 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh Disney and your shameless marketing/plugging... Anyway, I think it's an interesting tie-in for the film franchise (really excited to see Pirates 4, even though 2 and 3 weren't so great), but I'm curious as to how long such things are really going to be relevant, in the long term.

Delicious & Refreshing

NEWS: Enchanted Tiki Room to reopen in classic form

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/enchanted-tiki-room-classic-attraction-transforms-this-summer/

Walt Disney Imagineering announced earlier today at D23’s Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th event that The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) at Magic Kingdom Park is already undergoing changes behind closed doors that will reshape the attraction into a version reminiscent of the original show.

The Walt Disney World attraction, originally called Tropical Serenade, has been entertaining guests since the theme park’s opening day on Oct. 1, 1971. Its winged hosts, Jose, Fritz, Pierre and Michael, led 200 other birds, tikis and flowers in an entertaining musical Polynesian revue. Tropical Serenade was reshaped into The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) in 1998, with the addition of Iago (from “Aladdin”) and Zazu (from “The Lion King”).

The attraction was based on Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, which opened at Disneyland park in 1963. Its debut marked a huge milestone in Disney history, becoming the first attraction to ever feature Audio-Animatronics figures – a breakthrough that took 10 years to develop.

The latest version of the attraction, which will be called Enchanted Tiki Room, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park later this summer. Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on the attraction’s progress.
5716706526_4499ffced0_o.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Re: NEWS: Enchanted Tiki Room to reopen in classic form

Postby Pufferfish » Mon May 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Hooray! Goodbye Gilbert Godfrey, hello Disney classic!
Just keep swimming...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby samisthabomb » Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Awesome! Can't wait :)
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Mon May 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I saw the Under New Management show once and I swore never again! It sounds like this version will be more watchable.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Am I the only one who preferred "Under New Management?"

The old show bored me to tears. The new one was funny and entertaining. Certainly not even close to my favorite thing in the park, but worth a viewing, if time allowed.

Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of both Aladdin and Lion King, so that's obviously part of it.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Tue May 17, 2011 3:54 am

I know where I'm eating my next Dole whip! :D\

I'm so happy!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue May 17, 2011 5:04 am

David H wrote:Am I the only one who preferred "Under New Management?"

The old show bored me to tears. The new one was funny and entertaining. Certainly not even close to my favorite thing in the park, but worth a viewing, if time allowed.

Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of both Aladdin and Lion King, so that's obviously part of it.

I thought the Tiki goddess AA was interesting, but the rest of the show didn't work for me. The more "cartoony" characters just clashed with the more realistic birds.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!