TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I went to BGW yesterday and, man, was it crazy crowded! It took 45 minutes just to park.

I'm not doing a full trip report since I was there with family so I spent most of the time chasing toddlers in Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons.

I just wanted to post a few inside pics of the new Pretzel Shop. I had some Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites and a piece of a Jumbo Pretzel. They were really good. I'll have to try the others when I go back.

Food Menu

Snacks & Ice Cream Menu

Frozen Drinks

Pretzels

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel BItes

Dipping Sauces for Pretzels

Pizza Pretzel

Pretzel Dog

Cinnamon Buns

Making Fresh Pretzel Dogs

SeaWorld Represent!

Self-explanatory!

the pics of those pretzels look delicious. also in the last pic of the beers, the one on the bottom right (weinstephaner) is def the best one.

went to the park today, very very crowded, had to park in the overflow lot across route 60. even sprung for the quick queue to get on the rides (which is DEFINITELY worth $13.50 on a day like today).

how is the mach tower construction not further along? this makes no sense to me. it's got to be held up by shipment of parts or something. although when i rode griffon, i spotted what looked like several mach tower sections in the parking lot behind the royal palace theater. regardless, vertical construction has got to start on this SOON since media day is basically a month away.

^The park has been open for two of the last three weeks for Spring break so I doubt they would want to bring in the equipment to build the ride especially with the bridge being right there. They go back to weekends-only starting this week so they'll have plenty of weekdays to work on it.

They also poured a huge slab of concrete in that spot so I wonder if its even cured properly and ready to go vertical. Anybody with construction and cement knowledge know how long this process takes?

I am also not too fond of the name. It doesn't roll of the tongue so easy for me. Some of the others that came and went as possibilities were definitely better. I do however like that Verbolten means forbidden. That could translate into some awesome scenery/theme ideas. They could go anywhere with it!

The name "Verbolten" is alright, I can't complain about it, but it is not something I would use to name a coaster. Hopefully they stick with that name though and don't pull a BGT and lead everyone to think it will be called Verbolten and then the actual name will be something like Quick Bolt... Hahaha I still can't get over the name Cheetah Hunt, Cheetaka was MUCH better!

I think Verbolten is a very appropriate name, and it's translation is very fitting for a ride that is presumed to weave through the woods. I don't see why people would be worried about the name being a mouthful. I think Alpengeist is far from smooth off the tounge, but it's still an awesome name.