Bosrijk (2010): €60.000.000

Raveleijn (2011): €30.000.000

Hartenhof: (2013): €42.500.000

Aquanura: (2012): €?

Miscellaneous (2007-2012): €15.000.000

So in 5 years they spend: €180.000.000.

Edited by JohanR91

• 2 months later...

Efteling has released two concept arts of the Aquanura water show, scheduled for opening next year. Total investment in the 10-minute show will be € 17.000.000 in which, next to water, music, light and fire will have a prominent position. In the future, also other watershows will find their place on the lake. This all according to the press release

• 4 months later...

The Efteling has something new for this years Winter Efteling: 3D Mapping!

Using this technology the park has made "mini-shows" (as I like to call them) for this years winter efteling. When the sun sets, these lights (or lasers.. don't know how its been done) will make the builings look like there alive!

3D mapping is used on De Vliegende Holland, Villa Volta and Spookslot.

They posted some video's on youtube. I personally think Villa Volta is the best one!

Spookslot (interactive ghosts):

De Vliegende Hollander (short story about the ship in a storm, shortly translated: No one will stand between me and sailing my ship. We'll saill til the end of time)

Villa Volta (madhouse, story about how the house is cursed and that only a clean spirit can break the curse) I think this one is awesome! best part starts after 2:06 minutes:

I never caught the announcement of the new water show - looks fantastic! It's crazy to see a smaller park invest so much so quick, but good for them!

Efteling actually is one of the biggest parks in Europe.

It's even bigger than Disney Land in Paris (72 > 56 ha)

In my opinion, Efteling needs a thrill ride. They only have Joris and de Draak and de Python, and even those rides aren't very spectacular. But then again, Efteling isn't about thrills.

I never caught the announcement of the new water show - looks fantastic! It's crazy to see a smaller park invest so much so quick, but good for them!

Efteling actually is one of the biggest parks in Europe.

It's even bigger than Disney Land in Paris (72 > 56 ha)

In my opinion, Efteling needs a thrill ride. They only have Joris and de Draak and de Python, and even those rides aren't very spectacular. But then again, Efteling isn't about thrills.

I don't think when he said smaller he was referring to the physical size but to the fact it is less visited then other parks in Europe.

Its a big park with huge attendance records (4m in 2009), by european standards. But I also think that the park needs a huge thrill ride.

This 3D mapping looks awesome, but only adds to the experience of Villa Volta. I don't think it attracts more people though. But its a first, as far as I know.

Efteling is a stunningly beautiful theme park, which invests oddly.

They spend heavily - on things which arguably they don't need. They spend less on things which arguably they do need.

With Troy opening at Toverland - Efteling needed to bounce back and they did, with Joris en de Draak.

However, they stand firm with Python - a dire example of an old Vekoma Looping Coaster. With Black Mamba not so far away, it's a real suprise that they choose to invest in a Water Show, when for the same money, they could have an incredibly themed B&M Coaster - which they need more...

Still. The Projections are amazing on Villa Volta!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Efteling is too concerned about adding more thrill rides. Efteling is a family theme park that is all about being immersed in heavily themed lands. Just because parks near to it are doing one thing, doesn't mean they need to. If every park in the area were to offer the same thing, there would be no variety.

• 2 weeks later...

The winter coats and the restraints make it look like everyone is wearing body armor.

I didn't care for Python, but I agree that the new trains look good (and they worked well on Carolina Cobra).

I've never been a big fan of Vekoma coasters due to the incessant roughness of most of their rides (Execptions apply) but these new restraints and trains look far more 'rider friendly' than previous versions... Perhaps SFoG should consider investing in a pair of these (Or at least acquiring new restraints) for Ninja??

Perhaps SFoG should consider investing in a pair of these (Or at least acquiring new restraints) for Ninja??

As much as I would love to see that It'll never happen, Six Flags hate Vekoma.

Personally I dream that Parc Asterix buyes a set of these new trains for Goudurix before I head down there to try out the new invert.

But this is an Arrow coaster...

Um, no. It is a Vekoma like R.D. said.

Two things you never question R.D. about: Airplanes and coasters.

Edit: It did have Arrow trains at one time, so maybe that is what you were thinking about?

Edited by ernierocker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm not sure I'm posting my question in the right thread but here it goes anyway! I'm visiting Amsterdam for the first time in January & going to Efteling for the first time too, soooo excited I've read up as much as I can on what thrill rides are open during Winter Efteling but I always get the very general answer "when the weather permits". My first question is has anyone been to Efteling in Januray and found Joris en de Draak or Flying Dutchman open? Secondly I'm monitoring the weather forecast for that day and so far I get high 8 degrees and low 4 degrees, well above freezing! Do you guys think I might get lucky and these 2 rides will be open? I'm going whether they're open or not, I loooove theme parks, but it would be a plus if they're open as my fiance & I are roller coaster junkies! Thanks in advance for the help and sorry if I'm in the wrong thread!