TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ Wow, those are really less significant than the windseeker seats. I'm mildly upset that Cedar Fair went with Mondial because this looks to be way more terrifying!

But also keep in mind how much more reliable Mondial is, and the higher capacity. With the winds on Lake Erie, I doubt simple chains would've lasted long!

But still, I can't wait to see how this compares with WindSeeker!

I am a Six Flags pass holder for the first time this year and I am making my first trip to the park this year. I can't wait to compare the WindSeekers to the SkyScreamer. Those chains certainly make SkyScreamer look like it will test your wits just a little bit more.

I am a Six Flags pass holder for the first time this year and I am making my first trip to the park this year. I can't wait to compare the WindSeekers to the SkyScreamer. Those chains certainly make SkyScreamer look like it will test your wits just a little bit more.

We are heading there for the first time this year too. Unfortunately, I just can't stand the spinning rides anymore, but my daughters said they'll ride. I would probably freak out on it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty awesome, would've been cooler if they had built it further up the hillside so that it actually looked like it was as tall as it is compared to Superman, though. It'll still be epic swinging by only chains that high in the air, I thought the old chair swing was fun!

These are great fun. We have one here in Orlando and it is a very uneasy feeling in the wind. Our ride program is pretty long with the swings moving up and down the tower several times. It used to have some single seats which was even more awesome, they are all doubles now. For real fun ride alone on a windy day, the thing pitches around all over the place. The silence is very strange.

Does anyone know why the double seated Star Flyers ride cycle is not the same as the single seated Star Flyer shown in this video in this park called Prater, Vienna Austria

. This one goes up the tower spinning and then seams to drop back down the tower spinning and then repeats, compared to the double seated Star flyers they go up the tower spin at the top and then go down the tower slowly and then stop.

Imo the Single seated ride cycle in that video seams much more thrilling then just going to the top, spin and come back down. Is there a weight issue on the double seated the reason they don't run like the single seated?

I really like the way the ride is turning out. Can't wait to see it in person (and hopefully get some pics) on Sunday.

I think SFSTL will have a hit with this. Everyone I've talked to about it seems really excited and can't wait to ride it.

Looks cool! If SFSTl got another big coaster they would have a really neat skyline from the highway.

Ha don't get me started But speaking of the skyline, supposedly if anyone wants to ride Screamin Eagle anytime soon, this weekend will be the weekend to do it. After that, they're going to shut it down and repaint it (ALL of it - not just the first 1/3 of the ride like they did in 2006) and it will be back open in early June for the 40th anniversary celebration. Screamin Eagle looked GREAT when they repainted the 1/3 of it, so with SkyScreamer and an Eagle repaint, the back of the park will be looking great.

I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

Agreed, though I'd say Cedar Fair went for a consistent blended feeling vs. Six Flags more carnival or fair random theming. Six Flags can take any liberties. That's their style.

I'm not saying Cedar Fair themes like Disney, Busch, etc. just they're going for a ... Cedar Fair atmosphere or sophisticated carnival.

Does anyone know why the double seated Star Flyers ride cycle is not the same as the single seated Star Flyer shown in this video in this park called Prater, Vienna Austria
. This one goes up the tower spinning and then seams to drop back down the tower spinning and then repeats, compared to the double seated Star flyers they go up the tower spin at the top and then go down the tower slowly and then stop.

Imo the Single seated ride cycle in that video seams much more thrilling then just going to the top, spin and come back down. Is there a weight issue on the double seated the reason they don't run like the single seated?

I don't understand what it is you are comparing it to. I've ridden 2 star flyers, both of which are double seated, most recently the one at Magical Midway, and they both featured the constant rising and falling.

I apologize for not making my question more understandable, but I thank you for answering my question. I've never ridden a Star flyer, so I was basing my question off of what I see on the videos on Youtube. In the videos it didn't appear that the double seated star flyer was going up and down like the one in the video of Praters single seated star flyer.

^It's probably more of a capacity issue. A single seated star flyer is most likely at a park that doesn't need the ride to chew through as many people per hour, which is why they can run the ride with a longer cycle. Parks determine the ride cycle that meets their needs the best. Parks that buy double seated star flyers need a ride that handles more people, and they run it with a shorter cycle to enhance this further.

SkyScreamer is looking amazing though, can't wait to ride!

Agreed, though I'd say Cedar Fair went for a consistent blended feeling vs. Six Flags more carnival or fair random theming...

I'm not the biggest fan of the color coordination between the tower and the "arms". But separately they look great, so I'll gladly forgive them. Overall it's very attractive!

Found a few things on the parks Facebook that could be of interest. First, the park has confirmed multiple times that Mr. Freeze is currently having some technical issues, and did not open the past weekend. Hopefully since the park is not open all week yet, they will be able to fix it quickly. Haven't seen any more details besides technical problems though.

For the parks 40th season there are signs like this around the park, and they will be there all season.

Link

American Thunders new sign:

Link

Ha don't get me started But speaking of the skyline, supposedly if anyone wants to ride Screamin Eagle anytime soon, this weekend will be the weekend to do it. After that, they're going to shut it down and repaint it (ALL of it - not just the first 1/3 of the ride like they did in 2006) and it will be back open in early June for the 40th anniversary celebration. Screamin Eagle looked GREAT when they repainted the 1/3 of it, so with SkyScreamer and an Eagle repaint, the back of the park will be looking great.

Any idea if the ride will be under rehab for the Rocky Mountain topper track? While the ride wasn't unbearable last time I rode it, it could be smoothened to prevent any unnecessary shuffling... And any idea why they're choosing to repaint it now, when they just had all of the off-season to work on the ride?

• 1 month later...