Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Re: Morey's Piers Discussion Thread

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm not familiar with the KMG fireball, are there other models?

I tried clicking the link and it just took me to the main Rides4you page.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Wow...I am just trying to imagine Fireball without OTSR - great idea, but holy crap would this be a wild experience!

Even better about this announcement is perhaps it will decrease the loading time where they don't have to staple people in to get that little light to light up.

While I love 'The Claw 'at Hershey, that ride has one of the worst loading times I have ever seen for a flat. You might have three switchbacks and think it's going to be short line and then it ends up being a half hour because they are always trying to staple someone in to get the light during loading. Fail.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NickLassor » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah, we are very excited about our new attraction. Still working on a name... any suggestions? Email me at nick.lassor@moreyspiers.com any time.

PS Did anyone make it out to experience the Ghost Ship? What are your thoughts? Anything that you would like to see next year?

Postby jynx242 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:34 am

The Fireball is my ABSOLUTE favorite flat ride. We were at the Coastal Empire Fair and rode the one there 4 or 5 times. Without shoulder harnesses - epic! Great job!

David

Especially love them with the strobes and lights working and loud music. I remember the first time I rode one, it actually made me nervous, and Chemical Brothers was playing! Just awesome.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 am

NickLassor wrote:PS Did anyone make it out to experience the Ghost Ship? What are your thoughts? Anything that you would like to see next year?

Review of Ghost Ship

Nick - I made it out to the Ghost Ship on opening night and really enjoyed it. I will definitely try it again next time I'm in Wildwood.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Macaroni and Donkey

Giant Wooden Coaster to go to Morey's Piers

Postby Raymond333 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

On pages 122, 124, 125 and 152 of "A Wild Ride", it mentions a giant wooden coaster for Morey's Piers being discussed by with the top three wood coaster designer/builders in the world. It will coast about $9,000,000, probably making it one of the most expensive seaside attractions ever built. The "Wildwoody" ("Wildwoody" being the working name while the actual name will be chosen in a pubic contest) will begin at Sufside pier and will quickly dive under the front of the pier and will cross over the beach in front of Sam's Pizza, by the way of a suspended bridge structure. It will be 100 feet tall and 3,500 feet long. The status of this ride in the Drawing Board chapter of the book, on page 152, is said to be "sooner or later". There is a picture of a model of the ride on page 125 and a computer-drawn layout on page 152. Sorry if this has already been posted.

-Raymond333
EL TORO!!
And Phoenix, and Griffon, and Alpengeist, and Montu, and Kingda Ka...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 pm

^I merged your topic with the already existing Morey's Piers Discussion thread. I assume you're referring to the GCI that was mentioned in this thread earlier?
Last edited by cfc on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:46 am

http://www.moreyspiers.com/media-relations.php

For six nights in October, Morey’s Piers will transform Mariner’s Landing Pier, located at Schellenger Avenue and the Boardwalk, into a nightmare of epic proportions. The pier will be saturated with fog and filled with spooky decorations, roaming actors, eerie lighting and other startling surprises.

“This event has been ten grueling years in the making. We’ve been talking about it, having meetings and making plans; we just needed a centerpiece to justify something of this magnitude. The addition of Ghost Ship last summer provided us with the signature “fright feature” that we needed to launch Morey’s Fears,” said Jack Morey, Executive Vice President.

Morey’s Fears attractions are slated to include the Sea Serpent, SuperScooters, Tea Cups, Pirates of the Wildwoods, Rollie’s Coaster, Musik Express, Moby Dick and an especially horrifying Ghost Ship experience as the main act of the event. There will also be two frightening all-new Halloween attractions that will only be available during Morey’s Fears. Themed food and drinks will also be available.

“This event is being geared toward teens and adults looking for a terrifyingly good time,” said Dino Fazio, Director of Pier Operations. “It is not recommended for young children as it is being designed to be one of the most frightening Halloween attractions out there.”

This one-of-a-kind event will take place Friday and Saturday nights, October 14-15, 21-22 and 28-29 from 6:30-11:00 p.m. Morey’s Fears will be a gated event with a general admission price of $25. Season Pass Members can present their pass to save $10 off admission. Admission will include unlimited use of all attractions and access to Mariner’s Landing Pier. This event is not recommended for children under 8 years old.

For more information about Morey’s Fears, please check out http://www.moreyspiers.com for event updates.
Full_Moreys_FEARS_poster_2011.jpg
Moreys_Fears_logo_Lt_Background.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby gci2011 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Morey's Piers planning GCI woodie for 2013!

Moreys Piers Concept Art.png
Photo from NJ.com

For additional details and park history:
NJ.com
Last edited by larrygator on Fri May 06, 2011 8:02 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!