Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: NEWS: WDW Pulling Plug on Gradnights

Postby coastermaniac » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:40 pm

What is Grad Night?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

coastermaniac wrote:What is Grad Night?

Magic Kingdom and for a year or two DHS the park would close early for day guests and open up again at 9 pm for graduating high school seniors,the event with concerts,fireworks and dance parties would last until 5am.Some schools that came from nearby might only go to the park for Grad Nite,if a school came from a bit further away they might stay for 2-3 days.When I went we left our school in Miami around 1pm ,got to Medieval Times for the dinner show at 6pm and then to MK where there was probably 1000 buses along with our 15 or so so the park is crowded.We left at 5am and were unconscious unti we hit a service plaza in St.Lucie county for breakfast.Disney should create a hard ticket event where adults can wreak havoc and pretend they're back in high school,I doubt it'll happen but I would go.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby tntornadox » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 pm

I always considered it a graduation present from Disney more than a money making event, if you look at it that way, then it's kinda sad, IMO.
The opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily represent those of The Dollywood Company.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow, how long has this tradition been going on? I know at least since the early 80's. I wonder if I can still find my old photo from it.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:52 pm

My school decided it would be a good idea to go to Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom the year I graduated, and only that year based on the success that it was :cry:

Did my donkey title just change???

Re: WDW Pulling Plug on Gradnights

Postby SenseOFone » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 pm

CorkscrewFoley wrote:That's crappy...I did Grad Nite at Wonderland back in '95, didn;t ride much, but I had an amazing time. It's that one last hoorah with people you might not see much after that.

Hahahahaha. See, that was at Wonderland, most likely a much smaller park :P My Grad Nite was at Disneyland. It was so crowded that my group literally got split at the security screening up front. We had to call each other to find out where everybody was. And then didn't see anyone from school the rest of the night. Glad to see Walt Disney World getting rid of it. Hope Disneyland follows this trend
Formerly Rollerman87

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:35 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/a-new-castle-emerges-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Hi everyone. Today, we have a thrilling update for those of you who are excited to see the expansion of Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park come to life.

Walt Disney Imagineers are currently piecing together the Beast’s castle, which will sit high atop what will become the Be Our Guest Restaurant. The “Beauty and the Beast”-inspired restaurant, which is set to open in late 2012, will offer a lavish dining experience in the castle’s elegant ballroom, gallery and mysterious “west-wing.” The restaurant and castle will eventually be flanked by Gaston’s Tavern, Bonjour! Village Gifts, and the cottage of Maurice (Belle’s father).

Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog later this week for some exclusive photos of WDI’s progress.

The castle construction is a major milestone in the expansion, which will nearly double the size of Fantasyland and include several new attractions, such as Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid, The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and enhanced versions of the existing attractions, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Barnstormer.

The expanded Fantasyland is scheduled to open in phases, beginning in late 2012.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/the-music-behind-the-little-mermaid-ariels-undersea-adventure/

For those who saw “The Little Mermaid” back in 1989, you know the music in the movie was just as magical as a mermaid falling in love with a prince and living happily ever after. Remember “Part of Your World,” “Under the Sea,” “Poor Unfortunate Souls” and “Kiss the Girl”? You’ll hear all these classics throughout the new attraction, The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, set to open at Disney California Adventure park in June.

More than 20 years ago Alan Menken wrote the movie score that won an Academy Award, and he collaborated with Howard Ashman on the songs. For the attraction, the music needed to be arranged somewhat differently, so well-known musical arranger and orchestrator Danny Troob, who has worked often with Menken, took on the challenge. In this video, we go into the music studio and give you a front row seat in a session with Troob and a 65-piece orchestra, as they recreate the amazing Little Mermaid music we all know and love.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

boo596422LARGE.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:41 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:34 am

So are they building this off site like universal did with WWHP's amazing castle or is that actually a shot of the progress they have done on the construction site?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am

It's very purple, Heres a shot from the opening scene of the movie to compare.
castle.jpg

Still looks pretty good!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby mwm1444 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 am

^ -nerd alert - bearing in mind that shot is from the castle pre-Beastly transformation - so if the castle in New Fantasyland is the Beast's Castle, purple works.

In other words, it's looking awesome!

West Coast 2009 ~ UK 2010 ~ IntimidaTour 2010 ~ Southern Japan/Tokyo Disney 2011

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!